Working Together To Repair The Game...NML Guild Council Intent

Comments

• InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2016
    Wow, the response has been deafening! I think I hear the crickets chirping!
    mongo911
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    edited December 2016
    Is @Teeceezy a child... Is he ( Jon ) immature...

Sorry that you don't understand, that this Board is aimed toward Americans...

With American Money...

And we see the " condensing " moderating...

Ahhh... Disguise the greed and arrogance, with cute vapor badges...

Oh yea... It's a American Show... And you are Financed by American Money...

Grow up @Teeceezy...

[mod edit] Please respect each other & the rules:
    "Don’t argue openly with a moderator or admin. If you have a beef, take it to private messages.
    You may not openly discuss any actions taken against you or your posts by a Next Games moderator, staff member or administrator.
    Keep your posts constructive. If you have a beef with the developers, don't be a jerk about it. Say your piece and move on.
    "
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    I think it is " Tripe " from Finland...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,428
    edited October 2016
    Since everyone seems to enjoy reading articles/blog posts/etc, here are two that I found very interesting.

Game Developers and the Fans Who Hate Them and

Why don't video game companies listen to their customers more?.

The second one is posted below for those that don't like to click links:

Why don't video game companies listen to their customers more?

Your assumption is completely incorrect. Game companies listen to their customers and those likely to become customers intently. Game companies pay people to monitor forums and feedback closely. I get notices on my phone in the middle of the night when forum posts meet certain conditions.

I suspect you are overlooking a few key aspects to this feedback loop.

We listen, but we interpret. We use a statistical and scientific approach to harvesting quality information from the raw ore of player comments. We very much want the best and most accurate information we can get.

Science shows, for all manner of Internet product feedback and especially for games, the demeanor is much more negative, angry and confrontational than the average for all customers. What we hear is concentrated negativity.

The unsolicited player feedback we get represents only .03% of our player base. The few, the loud, the extreme. We also collect feedback from focus groups made up of more mid bell curve players to improve our understanding. We will not implement changes that 14 people want but 30,000 would hate.

Players do not tell the truth in forums. Player analytics show us exactly how and where people play, for how long, on what difficulty settings. Their successes, failures, trading, crafting, upgrading and numerous other details. When we compare that to what players write online, there are predictable differences. I know other companies experience the same thing. Features that the forums hate often increase player counts, sales and average time in game.

Conversly, studies have shown that players are poor designers. If you give them what they literally ask for, they like it less. It is a deceptively difficult medium to design for. What works better is to have professional designers make well considered changes based on the issues revealed by analysis of lots of feedback.

Games companies do listen, but the signal we get is noisy and scrambled. We apply various techniques to tease out the actionable data. That sometimes means individuals do not feel that their specific request is addressed, but know that their statistical influence is.

As for responses, it's 11 pm in Finland.
    MizTy[Deleted User]IRONDeergerkmanSurvivor420
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 513
    Ya know, never mind. Disregard my question; it doesn't really matter. The drama still isn't worth it to me, and I dont want to be responsible for having this thread shut down over petty bickering.

DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    MizTyTop8dogJadenSurvivor420
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @javajnkie

I ain't mad at cha :)

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    WallStreetjavajnkiergerkman
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,428
    Shut_Up said:

I don't play a lot of video games or else I would get nothing done. It's a wonder why I downloaded this one knowing that but the first link is an article about console games and I'm pretty sure that is a one time purchase and not apps with in app purchases. So that link is an apples to oranges comparison and thus not really a valid comparison.

Next article is written by 1 game developer. That article was biased and the voice of one man. Sorry if I don't put all my eggs in his basket.

Again we aren't talking about other games or companies we are talking about TWD: NML.

Thanks @Shut_Up , thanks for picking up my point. Those were the two that popped up when I googled.

I apologize for derailing the thread. Back to GC business.
    Shut_UpVudnik
This discussion has been closed.