Working Together To Repair The Game...NML Guild Council Intent

Comments

• DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 658
    Yeah it was great until we stopped getting saviors to kill in the challenge missions.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    ggbatsteamshane
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 672
    DIblis said:

Yeah it was great until we stopped getting saviors to kill in the challenge missions.

Yeah, there were one or two challenges in there that had few Saviors, but we did hit the goal in the end. I have the feeling we'd be better-prepared this time around. Of course, it doesnt have to be kill X number of saviors. It could be X number of walkers or earn X number of stars as a community.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

It would be great if ng would give some undertaking to answer in game player support tickets in a reasonable time without resorting to automated responses. Hell i dont care if the response is we'll look into further and get you a response by..... (please note some timeframe is required, and needs to be followed through)
    As it stands after waiting days for nothing you get a bit testy when they do bother to give a response 0.
    My general experience has been that unless you can get someone from the forums to escalate it and bring it to their attention we dont get much if any action to what can sometimes be huge legitimate issues.

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Artminius
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    edited August 2016
    @Dlblis
    DIblis said:

It would be great if ng would give some undertaking to answer in game player support tickets in a reasonable time without resorting to automated responses.

As it stands after waiting days for nothing you get a bit testy when they do bother to give a response 0.

Are you on Android or IOS? With Android, there is an agreement with App Developers and Android (Google) that they respond to all trouble tickets (for purchases) w/in 3 days. If your complaints are not being addressed in that timeframe, you should file a formal complaint with Google.

Too many of those, and Google puts the hammer down on the developer. Similarly if they are generating too many charge-backs on in-app purchases.

https://play.google.com/intl/ALL_us/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html

"3.6 You Support Your Product. Buyers are instructed to contact the developer concerning any defects or performance issues in applications downloaded and installed from Google Play. You will be solely responsible for, and Google will have no responsibility to undertake or handle support and maintenance of your Products and any complaints about your Products. You must supply and maintain valid and accurate contact information that will be displayed in each application detail page on the Store and made available to users for customer support and legal purposes. For paid Products or in-app transactions, you must respond to customer support inquiries within three (3) business days, and within 24 hours to any support or Product concerns stated to be urgent by Google. Failure to provide adequate information or support for your Products may result in low Product ratings, less prominent product exposure, low sales, billing disputes, or removal from the Store."
    @TroubleMan, thanks for that info, great to know if it's purchase related. I was trying to get something more widespread, eg have found recently in raids that stunned defenders are still able to dodge ranged and melee attacks, they cant retaliate if they have that ability but they can still dodge. What my current question is... is this intentional (within games design) or a bug? It doesn't make sense to me so I'm thinking bug(?). How long should it reasonably take to get a response? I asked it a few days ago ingame, and a couple of days ago on forums, still waiting for anything for what should be a simple response ie 1. intentional (thanks for asking, now u know how it works), 2. bug (Thanks for letting us know, will endeavour to fix so wait for update...)
    One reason we have huge issues with ng at the moment is their inability to communicate.
    Cheers

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    @brentp17 @DIblis

Thank you for the feedback.
    SlickRick
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    @jester I provided a list of changes/solutions in another thread. are any of those being considered?
    Thanks @Rorshack!
    SlickRickJAZZZMAN
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    I too support this and to collaborate on working together with NG to Improve the gameplay

- Mark
    Japes87SlickRickMizTy[Deleted User]
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    My main suggestion is to remember that there needs to be balance to the game (not the XP balance).
    But a game play balance.
    If everyone can get their camp, surivors & all heros, maxed out within a month. Then that is not balanced, and all that means is people will sit around not advancing, or NG will need to constantly increase councils and levels, and soon enough we will have level 100 survivors.
    It also means that everyone will have nearly identical squads. Which might not be too bad at the moment, but will really screw things up if they try and implement a real PvP
    jesterMizTyIRONDee
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @blynknz
    But if anything is taken away from people, there ends up being a huge outcry of foul play.

In essence, nothing in this game can be balanced after it is released, based upon repeated past user reactions, without there being an uproar.

How are the game devs supposed to preserve the health of the game if, every time something is changed that results in players losing something, a virtual mob forms and demands things to be returned, or else?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    blynknz
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    @Dodkong...

Sigh... They preserve the health of the game by having Beta Testers do their job, and...

Err...

Oh yea... We are the Beta Testers..........

( damm... Don't Beta Testers do their job for free... )

( damm damm... We've been paying... )

( damm damm damm we've been suckers & schmucks... Sigh... )
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

SgtSalami
    If any changes are communicated properly then any outcry is greatly reduced and can probably be safely ignored.
    What this means is probably giving a proposed list of changes prior to changes, a head up if you will some time before.
    But more importantly actually have accurate and complete update notes upon implementation with some actual explaination if required. And all changes should be tested prior to implementation, we should not be used as paying testers and left in the dark. If they communicated effectively and managed their relationship with us the community better this current uproar wouldnt happen to the scale it is. They obviously knew when selling ricks silenced pistol (not pistols) that hero's were being introduced that would require some change to this ability, so why offer it misleadingly?

MizTyDodkong
    @mongo911
    Then if being taken advantage of is an issue for anyone, why not make the sensible choice and stop letting it occur?

Why not move on to another game that doesn't take advantage of you like that?

I've spent money on this game, not nearly as much as some have, but I can't ever say I've felt like a sucker for making a purchase. I've bought game related digital items from other games in the past and never felt like a sucker then, either.

I don't feel like a victim when I knowingly spend money on something that doesn't really exist. And if what I bought doesn't provide enjoyment like I expect it to, I move on, chalk the money spent as "cost of being entertained" and start anew.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    DLichi812manyalnod[Deleted User]Walkerballz
    Those discussions can be had in any number of other threads.
    MizTymongo911SlickRickSgtSalami
    edited August 2016
    @Dodkong, we have partially done as you suggest and that's why we've closed our wallets. And if things don't improve will most likely move on to another game in time.
    Unlike your brand of shoes, bread, canned beans etc if you like this game then where do you go? Many in my guild are feel that we've created an environmental which gives support both in game and real life. If i just quit the the game i lose thiese great people, we've come together around this game.
    At end of the day we as a community are trying to have the game we love restored to a state where we don't feel like paying lab rats and ng can continue to prosper into the future. Company investors aren't the only people who invest in a game.

Edit: @jester , sorry was responding when you posted. Will endeavour to take onboard.

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited August 2016
    @Dodkong I agree with you. I've never purchased a weapon bundle because I personally didn't find a value in it. Buying something that will be unusable a short time later didn't interest me.

I bought gold to do what I wish with. Rush things. Heal things. Buy that 1 last radio I needed because I was impatient and feeling lucky.

I have never felt suckered or taken advantage of. I am for the spending strike. But NG only loses out in my $12-$15 a month where it loses out on much more from others.

I do agree with your comment on another post about not spend shaming others. I haven't seen it happen often but agree people shouldn't be made to feel bad for asking questions about spending money (but also didn't feel others were spend shaming them) but I agree with your premise.

The forum has become a freeforall and has become somewhat tiresome. I login everyday expecting to hear word from the mods about something pertinent to the game yet they are nowhere to be found.

So for now I just read, comment when I feel it's appropriate, talk on line with guild mates and play the way I used to before money became a thing in this game.

But if I choose to spend again I won't feel suckered. None of my purchases made me feel like a sucker but then again I never bought a weapon so there's that.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MizTy
    edited August 2016
    @DIblis
    I fully agree with your 8:44 post. Communication from NG is an issue. It has been brought up to them previously, they said they'd do better, and did for a bit. But it's fallen off a cliff since after a short improvement. I come from playing MMO's in the past, where having beta testing was a must. I admit that I assumed the same held true for this game, but, again, I agree that it seems as if there is none.

So to stay on topic and avoid verbal reprimands by the thread monitor, my suggestion contributions are to have NG work on their communication efforts and keep [up] with it[,] as well as to do something about ensuring quality control before releasing content for mass consumption that isn't up to snuff.

EDIT: edited changes inside brackets, to make my suggestions easier to understand.

MizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    edited August 2016
    This ss says it all. Thank you NMLCouncil for standing in the gap.

Please note the Open letter was immediately closed
    DLich
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    All II can say buying any of the virtual weapons and having their functionality nerfed by NG a week later, is akin to downloading an awesome song from iTunes and having it switched later for a MILLIE VANILLIE song. It just ain't right!

It's not sniveling or playing the victim when we point out the ethicality of what NG has done. It would have been fine by me if they would have compensated me. But they didn't.

Lastly, NG has brought this firestorme upon themselves by their lack of communication, and when they do it is sporadic and buried in obscure threads.

This is the best mobile game I have ever played, and have actually spent some cash to support the developers. So, if you confuse my passion for this game as whining...well so be it.
    MizTyLadyAquilaSgtSalami
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    edited August 2016
    @jester @SlickRick You guys know that the community is now looking to you for answers and they aren't going to wait long.

The latest update is that you guys have spoken to the Devs. What was discussed, what were the results? What is the timeline for results?

I'm more than happy to help, contribute or whatever is needed, but i want to know my efforts are falling on deaf ears.
    MizTy
  • Animesh101Animesh101 Member Posts: 83
    jester said:

UPDATE FROM NML GUILD COUNCIL

We're happy to share with you the fact that a small group from the NML Guild Council is in discussions with NG regarding current issues in the game and future changes. The discussions have just begun, but it is a positive step in the right direction.

Another positive step is the introduction of the phone crate. Providing additional avenues to acquire phones will go a long way in the future. However, 3000 tg for 5 phones is exorbitant and we've recommended to our guilds that they do not utilize this option for now.

We are also continuing to recommend a spending halt until we see more positive changes in game.

The council is drafting a list of issues and proposed solutions which would be beneficial to players and NG alike. If you have any positive suggestions, feel free to let us know here.

Regards,

NML Guild Council

nice work mate.....
    p_herian
This discussion has been closed.