Working Together To Repair The Game...NML Guild Council Intent

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @jester Thanks for the update. In the light of these information, your recommendation as well as the first noticeable steps from NG (2 good weekend events in a row and oncoming walker event) I'll recommence watching advertisements for crates and cinema videos today, but I'm not going to open my wallet for iap. (Not even for a booster.) Furthermore I'll continue not to use gold for gas refills or quicker survivor healing for the time being.

Thanks for your kind efforts!

Please keep us closely informed.
    TheLostOnesSlickRickJAZZZMAN
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 658
    @Lightfeet, thanks. I had found that comment but as usual it's hidden away in that thread instead of being posted in say the announcement section of the forums.
    We're already paying testers (or we were but have stopped paying), we shouldnt have to be detectives.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    MizTyInspTurbinesInvader
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited August 2016
    @DIblis Didn't you get this ingame message?
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    As an unbiased broad minded member of the group & the fact I look at things from everyones perspective when at all possible & not afraid to speak my mind, as I'm not a council rep at the ng round table I'm still bound to respect the current wishes of the council & NG to NOT release any info about changes discussed between them about the future of the game, as that's up to NG to release when the time is right, so anyone curious, please do not fill up my inbox as I won't discuss anything there either. With that said & this my opinion only, some changes & some of the new content I think will be great & bring a lot more positivity to the game then we've had in the last little while, as a few things really do sound interesting (if done right) & could add more entertainment value & longer lasting play to the game. A few things to me sound ok but unless some of the current economic issues are fixed as well they really won't interest or excite a lot of players & probably get lost in the wind somewhere ( I believe some of those issues they are trying to work on, but how well they fix them we don't know?). Then there's a few changes to me that I believe are & seem pointless & are very low on the improvements list. All in all it seems that ng seem happy that some of the players decided to form a council & the communication lines are a lot more open then they used to be, as not only is it hard enough to get a response from them on forums, it's also hard for them to respond to us & improve them game as not only do they need to surf posts for valid ideas & contribution, it's really tough to get info with so many posts of players being negative & bitching at them all the time & verbally attacking them as nobody will respond to that type of abuse. Even with a lot of these new changes ng still has a lot of work to do as far as addressing all the biggest issues at hand & they are well aware of this & do want to appease their player base as time goes on, but @SlickRick & the rest of the council reps will still be in the loop & working with ng in the meantime to help make this happen. Once again in times like these there are no winners or losers & everyone just wants a better future for the company & the game we love. Spending freeze or not, I make my own decisions & feel like even though overall they could probably do better & still be profitable, it may be worth sticking around & seeing how things turn out?.aa far as spending I may open my wallet again start buying a few bundles here & there for now in good faith & go from there as more info pops up. So I hope any of this helped a bit? Even though I had to keep it vague (sorry) but if I had to rate these new changes for u guys so far thinking about what I've read in the last year of playing from what people want to see, I'd prob rate 2 3/4 stars out of 5, so if everything on the list happens as they say it's over 50% performance reviews so far so still needs work guys thx.
    1Rismongo911InspTurbinesp_herian
  • GForceGForce Member Posts: 238
    edited August 2016
    @SlickRick
    Nice initiative. In the name of Crossbow Elite from Belgium you have our support.
    If there's anything I can do, PM me.

G
    G-Force
    Eh Family
    Japes87SlickRick
    edited August 2016
    @PimpOfTheDead, nice to know someone broke confidence to let you know about discussions. The rest of us lab rats will just have to wait in ignorance.

Edit: please ignore my above statement and read @PimpOfTheDead responce below for clarification.

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

wrinkled_bagmongo911JAZZZMANRick_ZK
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited August 2016
    The fact that NG are prepared to discuss the game mechanics with the guild council is a result in itself, let alone making any changes upon their recommendations. So fair play all round for that. I can't imagine many game companies even considering that step.
    So, as a mainly F2P player, I have recommenced watching videos and have changed my avatar from a 'no pay' one, although not back to Mr Marley yet.

(Actually, I like the FTWD logo - very clever imho)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Lightfeetmongo911MizTySlickRick
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    NextGames is a " neewbee " company...

" @PimpOfTheDead " touched on several salient points, concerning NextGames...

Even though NextGames has had a lot of " bugs, blunders, balance problems, greed "

They really are a young software company...

For them to listen and have discussions with the " Guild Council ", is not the norm...

But... No matter what...

The quality of the software that NextGames has produced ( despite the, " bugs, blunders, balance problems and greed " ) is impressive...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

Japes87InspTurbinesMizTyJAZZZMAN
  • LilyTheTigressLilyTheTigress Member Posts: 16
    Way to break the picket line... I'm not lifting my strike until real efforts are being demonstrated by NG.

I'm not just disappointed, I'm mad.
    MizTymongo9115megheadDangerB
    @PimpOfTheDead, i stand stand corrected, your second statement better clarifies your position and what has occured.

mongo911
    The actions of individual Board Members, should always be for the good of the Board, during this " strike / rebellion / frustration "

And I believe it has been and still is...

I believe, that anybody that remains strongly committed to not viewing Advertising and not spending money at this time... Is correct toward their beliefs...

We live in an " immediate " society... With results wanted now, now, now...

I have learned to have patience... Sigh...

SlickRickInspTurbines
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    NG had a good chance this weekend, to show how much they listening or respect us...

The lack of phones within the horde is their answer.

Still on strike...
    [Deleted User]
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Finding plenty of phones and gas!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Amely
    The new dynamic of this game is now " the ability, to raise up the traits, of " Survivors & Heroes "

It is done thru phones now...

Two months ago, I could progress in the game without many phones... Now there is a greater need for phones...

the financial model of this game for NextGames now includes phones

If phones were easy to get, it would reduce the money for NextGames...

What I see is...

The number of phones per turn... per walkers at the wall, per chests is REDUCED...

There is a massive problem...

NextGames has stated that the " rates of phones are the same " and " they haven't adjusted it in the code "...

What I see is, the number of phones is reduced...

I was born... But I wasn't born yesterday...

Right now... I see continued ineptitude... Ineptitude in not convincing " Us " that NextGames is being truthful... TRUTHFUL...

this is not good...

InvaderEliyah[Deleted User]
  • DeathwishDeathwish Member Posts: 38
    Sleestak said:

I talked to our guild leader...we stand behind this effort and I would like to offer my help and support in any way I can as a member/representitive.....I was getting ready to quit playing as I have been starting to dread Mondays and the start of another challenge that I have to make time for and that presents zero fun until maybe I have cycled through the same challenge levels over and over and over and over and the walkers get SOMEWHERE near my level of players.

I'm not kidding...actually dreading the start of challenges. So not only not fun but the complete opposite of fun. Surely this cannot be the intent of the designers.

If we think we can influence positive changes, I'm on board and would like to contribute.

I have hated the challenge setup too. It is a boring, mindless grind every week. An overhaul would be nice. Most guilds have minimums due to the trade goods rewards tiers so we as players are forced to hit a certain threshold in order to keep our membership every week.
    SlickRickSgtSalamiInspTurbines
  • SleestakSleestak Member Posts: 38
    I am sure the token economy needs tweaking....but I have yet to see anyone quit the game because it just took too long to gather tokens or phones....but I have seen many quit the game due to the boring, repetitive, unchallenging grind for weekly stars
    MizTygespuerggbatsInspTurbines
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,737
    @Sleestak

Check your messages.
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    For low level grinds, all our effort on upgrading means nothing and is undifferentiated.

I think if they compensated for low level grinds with more radios that would be great be chase radios don't scale exponentially like XP. Lower levels and higher missions yield same number of radios that's the crux of a lot of angst..
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,068
    Just make sure getting rid of auto center is somewhere on your list please @jester . Thanks
    jesterMizTySgtSalamiInspTurbines
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

respect the current wishes of the council & NG to NOT release any info about changes discussed between them about the future of the game, as that's up to NG to release when the time is right,

I always agree that the NG does not have to release information about changes they might be making.

BUT, if there is a core group of people that are finding out information, then some of that information should be made available to everyone.

For Example. Lets say they are told the equipment is changing to be like survivors. Thats a very important piece of information that they can use to advance themselves by keeping certain equipment that would normally be scraped.

Or maybe that Bruisers are changing and will be more powerful. Then they know to keep/train their bruisers.
    Which they can pass onto their own guilds to help.

Lightfeet
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,737
    @blynknz

We didn't receive any information which would assist us in the game now or in the future.
    SlickRickPowerUK
This discussion has been closed.