need advice about Farm Plots...

I'm level 45, council level 17, saving up 3.5mil soup cans to upgrade my Training Grounds... However my six Farm Plots are only a mix of level 8 and 9. Should I be upgrading my Farm Plots before trying to save up the 3.5 mil? I would need about 7.5mil to upgrade all six plots.
exploiting the loophole loophole

Comments

• HaiyanHaiyan Member Posts: 156
    I have maxed all 6 farm plots to lvl 10. Gets you about 36k each. So it's a big help. You instantly get the rewards. If you upgrade the training grounds, you still need to farm xp to upgrade your survivors
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    well, not much feedback, I'm just going to hold out and upgrade the Training Grounds, then I'll slowly update my Farm Plots I guess
    exploiting the loophole loophole
    gespuer
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Upgrade the training grounds yes almost always over farm plots. Plus you can upgrade your survivors one level and the exploration missions will recommend your new level and you will get a little more for the mission reward.
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309

well, not much feedback, I'm just going to hold out and upgrade the Training Grounds, then I'll slowly update my Farm Plots I guess

Personally I upgraded them all first because in the long run it makes more sense as you'll get more supplies quicker, making upgrading other buildings much easier..
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    [Deleted User]
  • I did what @nickc25 did. The higher lvl farms produce more making it easier to upgrade everything sooner
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Based on farm production. For long term results it is much better to upgrade your farms earlier.

But taking everything into account, it's probably better to leave the later levels to last. Because higher survivor levels will mean more challenge rewards, and being able to defeat higher exploration missions which add up.
    [Deleted User]
  • ViciousSquirrelViciousSquirrel Member Posts: 4
    Upgrade the farm first , In the long run this is the best choice
    [Deleted User]
  • Gunslingr420Gunslingr420 Member Posts: 22
    I am 7 BP from lvl 47 and am also upgrading all farms before my jump to council 18, patience being rewarded later.

I am 7 BP from lvl 47 and am also upgrading all farms before my jump to council 18, patience being rewarded later.

Same here. I have just gone to level 48, but will update council 18 later
  • WraithWraith Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2016
    Personally I think leveling past 7 for farms is a poor idea. A lot of people upgrade thinking it nets them more faster, but that's only true after the payback. Here's an example

Going from farm level 7 to level 8 will net you +400 more tomatoes per hour at a cost of 430k. If you divide that out. 430,000/400 = 1075 hours = 44.7916666666 days.

So that means it will take it 45 days of constant farm production to get back what you invested into upgrading to level 8. It only gets worse at the last 2 levels. Your better off investing that 430k of tomatoes towards anything else and leave farms till you reach max level on all other items. It's true worth is in the BP it provides to get you to higher player levels (52+) so you can get better drops off of gold crates.

Others may say to upgrade now, but I don't like the math. So I've upgraded to council 18 with all my farms at level 7. My best way to get tomatoes is to max the supplies storage and then hit the ($2.99) fresh survivor button (max supplies bonus) for 17.29m tomatoes. Good enough to upgrade my training grounds, workshop, radio tent, and tents to max. I'll pay for the knockout bundle ($7.99)for another max supplies and finish upgrading hospital and all my farms. I agree that patience is the key to being rewarded. Grinding 3.75m tomatoes for supplies level 10 4x is a pain, but I will hit max base much faster with that combo. 34.5m tomatoes off those two packages will get me to near max on council 18 and switch me over to the XP grind that is TWD:NML. But at least my base will be max....

-W
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    If you do t upgrade them.you will be pulling under lvl weapons because of lower player lvl .you're gonna have to lvl them anyway to be able to progress so putting g it off is just prolonging the inevitable .but I agree council training grounds then everything else because of being able.to lvl survivors and get higher rsl mission witch equals more supply's and xp
  • @Wraith you method only works if you can still purchase bundles with full supplies or if you even purchase bundles which F2P players don't. I used my full supply bundles many moons ago so I was forced to upgrade plots as soon as possible. My storage is my last piece of work as I've just recently gotten the ability to hold around 6 million in supplies
    @Ovidmikel I know that I'm slightly under leveled on farm plots, but I didn't feel that my drops were all that much worse. Plus I'm saving all my challenge TG awards for when I hit PL 52+. I don't care about weapons 12-17 honestly. I will pick one or two rare's that have the perfect attributes to level, but survivor levels is a bigger driver till end-game. I look at leveling farms as opportunity cost and I'd rather have my tomatoes go to council, training grounds, workshop, and supply storage.

@bgbelden Yes, my method does require that you are willing to spend a little cash ($10) and the patience to use it at it's peak benefit, but the math still tells me that as a F2P player I can do something else rather than farm plots. Tents are another example of something I'd rather invest in than farm plots, I need XP for the next 3 years where I'll need tomatoes for the next 3-6 months...

To each his own, but I just wanted to offer a reasonable option for the @hiplnsdrftr original question. I don't advocate this as the one-and-only way, but a more optimal path than what most people choose.

-W
    @Wraith , that's why it depends if you are going for short term or long term.

For me a week ago (before I upgrade 2 farms to max). Long term, it would cut my time to max by 2 months. Thats quite significant.
    [Deleted User]
    @blynknz Sure, understood, but when is anyone seriously looking at short term only if they are asking this question in a strategy discussion? Strategy by definition should be a longer play, not just what works now. Again, just an opinion, not saying this strat is for everyone, just my 2 cents. :smile:

-W