Extra XP on exploration missions

Is it just me or are we getting extra XP on exploration missions? I kill a walker and it seems to give me XP twice, once at the normal rate and once at the challenge rate.

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Are there 2 different rates?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Dale are you using Maggie or Glen?

Maggie gives bonus XP. Glen gives bonus supplies (although it shows as XP in game but is actually supplies at the end)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MizTy
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I don't have Maggie. and Glen is in the hospital. I was using regular survivors.

Would someone run a supplies exploration mission and see if this is happening? I'll see if I can get a video. (Not that I know how to do that.)
    No, you're right. Glen was in there. His bonus shows up at the end.

This was during the mission. The XP symbol with the number floats up after a walker is killed. Then it floats up again with a different number.

Took Glen out. it didn't happen. Put him back in. It did.

So Glen's bonus shows up as a second floating XP but it's really supplies?

DLich
    @Dale yes it's some kind of glitch or whatever. I thought the sane thing at first. Like "awesome I'm getting bonus XP". But sadly it's supplies.

Maggie is a hunter so she's useful as well as gives bonus XP. She's the only hero I want yet haven't gotten any tokens for her yet unfortunately.

Dale
    @all btw Glen is "technically" useless for anyone's camp that is maxed. If your level 55 with nothing to upgrade Glen is as useful as the dumpster he hides under. Except for "use 3 scouts" he doesn't get used.

I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious :)

I am currently in that dreadful period where I need to upgrade my survivors before they can play a story mission again but am upgrading the large boring stuff (supply storage and tents) so I can level everything up. I'm happy to have Glen. It takes forever to gather the supplies to upgrade the large boring stuff.

(Why am I upgrading the boring stuff? To get the building points. Building points determine the level of the equipment drops. Last time I upgraded the boring stuff, I got all sorts of excellent equipment. I'm hoping the same happens this time.)

Anyway, thanks for letting me know that it's not just me.
    DLichMizTyrgerkman
    I used Glen but he's Lvl 17 common while the other survivors I play exploration with are Lvl 19 legs.

Since I need more tokens (involves needing radios) to make his percentage better he's at 30%. When on unlimited gas I blow through exploration XP missions and Glen beings in like 2500. Although not much (it does add up over time) to me the fact of being down to 2 usable survivors for a 2500 boost in supplies doesn't warrant the reward.

I bang out explorations with 3 assaults in 45 seconds. When I swap out an assault for Glen it takes almost double (certain maps).

I'm Lvl 53. Only thing left to upgrade in my camp is supply storages. So I'm in no rush to get those done.

daeguni812many