C is a lie! (not cake, but choice)

Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
I've noticed that it doesn't matter what box you open:

I had 15/17 gas left and I've just finished mission, and a wild "pick three crates out of nine, you'll probably make a mistake" screen appeared.
After a second or so - the minute counter by the gas disappeared.
I've then opened three random crates, and guess why!
I've found 2 gas crate that made my total gas 17/17 (which would remove the time counter).

Is my game reading my mind, or maybe it's CHEATING?!?!

Why give us "choice" when it's fixed already (so they can lure you with 2 gold crates you'll find "last").

Comments

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    The crates are just a graphic. The three choices have already been determined by the so-called random number generation.

Ever notice how walkers show damage before they approach a survivor? Same thing. program is run, then the graphic shows up.
    DLichMizTyla_ll64
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Part of that is a visual bug I believe. When you are on the open reward crates screen the timer and the amount of gas you have can be off if the timer runs out while on this screen. You probably should have ended up with 18 gas when you went to the camp screen.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I always pick the three on the right column since it doesn't actually matter which boxes I click, the rewards will be the same regardless of the boxes

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Scorpio_CRO found the link to a thread you might find interesting here!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • Scorpio_CROScorpio_CRO Member Posts: 73
    @DLich thanks!
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I make fancy patterns when I open boxes :smile:

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    rgerkman
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Me too @tammy lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I think its borderline pointless. Just change it so the 3 appear. IF you get more, then they just appear.

I find it completely pointless in the cinema, where you only get 1. So might as welldo the same there
  • Rewards for completing a mission successfully are predetermined. You are right more crates are presented to give the illusion of choice and to give you a reason to view cinema and spend gold opening more than 3 crates.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Surely this constitutes fraud? While i understood that each of the nine crates would be fixed, not that any choice i made would deliver the same result? That simlly means that if you didnt get the gold crate etc it wasnt because you chose wrong crate but that they are trying to force you to watch ad or spend gold. Considering that most of the time extra boxes don't equal the gold spent to open them this system is just designed to fleece us of real money? Where does it stop with these people?
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    Melaniex[Deleted User]BadLuckChuck
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited August 2016
    yup ive noticed the radios increase sometime before i open box.... but im a day 1 player & only twice this has happened.. game disconnects on 9 crate screen rite after i choose my 3 crates & when back on it usually opens the 3 i just picked but twice ive gotten to choose 3 diff crates for 3 diff rewards.

wow someone disagreed with me
    Ghostrooper