Survivors in the dark?

GoNorthGoNorth Member Posts: 5
For a couple of weeks now my survivors appear much darker, as if they are standing in a shadow. This issue is observed when choosing survivors for a mission, and when the survivors are standing at the ready to start a mission. When I click on an individual survivor to see their stats and characteristics, they appear to be in full color, but still dark. The same issue is seen when I make radio calls and the survivors appear. I've logged out of the game and back in, but this didn't resolve the issue. I have not gone to the next step to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the app would resolve the issue.

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2016
    Do your survivors look like this? http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/13932/weird-shading-and-highlights

If so, make sure your game is linked via game center (iOS) or Google Play (Android) then uninstall and reinstall the game.
  • GoNorthGoNorth Member Posts: 5
    Close but not quite. My players don't have any of the strange lines I'm seeing in the image from the other post. I've attached an image this time to compare. I'm going to go ahead and uninstall and reinstall to see if that resolves the issue. I'm running the game on a Samsung S7 with the latest version of the Android OS.
  • GoNorthGoNorth Member Posts: 5
    The uninstall and reinstall worked! Thanks for your help.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,168
    @GoNorth , you are welcome, special shout out to @eetu !
    FunGamingTrash
  • ravenyzeravenyze Member Posts: 27
    It must have been the android update cause mine did the same thing. Thanks for the fix
  • ShoogShoog Member Posts: 18
    This is the same issue I had posted a thread about earlier in the year, plus had posted to another thread where someone had the same issue. It happened to me twice, once at the start of the year and then again a few months later. Sadly, at the time I had never figured out how to fix the issue but did eventually figure out that Andriod OS updates were causing it. Yesterday I was doing some maintenance on my phone. After clearing the "cached data" earlier in the day, I opened the game to play later that evening and to my surprise the dark visual issue that I've had for months and most of the year had cleared up. Next time the issue appears I'll try clearing the cache again to see if that fixes it again or not. Anyway, thought I would post this in case anyone else has the same issue and see if it helps them or not. :)
  • CalChiefsFanCalChiefsFan Member Posts: 15
    Clearing the cache worked for me. Thanks, Shoog.
  • BoofBoof Member Posts: 11
    Thank you Shoog!

Went to settings->app manager->walking dead

Cleared the cache, all portraits are back to normal after a few months of darkness.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    After updating to Android 7.0 I'm now getting the dark survivor portraits as well. Clearing the cache did not fix it for me. I suppose I should reinstall. Nexus 6p.

Tech note; additive pass of portrait shader is probably not run. I don't remember what was the way we tackled this category of bugs, I'd probably start by fiddling around with the number and types of lights in the portrait render prefab to get a better idea of whether that is the cause.
    Teeceezyzbot
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @eetu What if you re-install the game and recover your game from Google Play - does the problem persist?
    zbot
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Yeah, that fixed it, thanks for the reminder ;)
    zbot