Turn off auto center camera !

LanceLance Member Posts: 568
By default.

And put an option to turn it on in the config.

This has been asked many times, it is really annoying, and lead to survivors death due to unwanted movements.
[Deleted User]DanDuckwJAZZZMANSmileyDivus101

Comments

• Smokin_Joe_BlowSmokin_Joe_Blow Member Posts: 97
    Agreed
    SmileyTootaa2009
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    Agreed.

Thought I was losing my mind when doing a quick move and using both AP points until it happened several times.
    JenSmiley
  • facemanakfacemanak Member Posts: 117
    Agreed
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    Smiley
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    I've passed on your guys suggestion regarding this, hopefully we can implement something like this in a future update!
    JenTUCOTeanut
  • JenJen Member Posts: 74
    @Teeceezy Great! This has happened to me too!
    Jenny (Ullr)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]

elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Teeceezy said:

I've passed on your guys suggestion regarding this, hopefully we can implement something like this in a future update!

We hope so..

• LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    Any chance it is in next update?
  • _sheilador_sheilador Member Posts: 26
    I'm all for this as well.
    Currently a member of Cowabunga guild -- recruiting active members, no minimum lvl/star count
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    You can see me having problems related to the auto centering camera in several of my youtube videos. If we want to center on a specific character we can always tap their portrait while on a mission.

@Teeceezy I also feel like - on the same vein as disabling auto camera centering - a lot of us would like a way to disable the zoom effect on critical kills.
    NailSvy
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    We all want this.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    Turn auto center off. It has been getting me lately also.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    The worst part about it is when the camera shifts WHILE you have your finger on the display. Lift the finger just a tad, and you are possibly royally scr...d.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    I hear ya guys. However the way the update cycle works, I can categorically rule it out for 1.6.
  • Teeceezy said:

I hear ya guys. However the way the update cycle works, I can categorically rule it out for 1.6.

Then it's settled, 1.7 it is!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    Yea we have a deal 1.7. If you not able to do it, just send us an outfit or some gold to play with while we wait. :wink:
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    @Lance - I am with you on that! Gold for everyone! We have all been bruised,burnt, bitten and killed because of that darn camera. :s
    Felecia
    ggbats
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    @zoson. Well said. Although my 4 y/o grandson even knows who, and how, to choose his player to avoid the zombie smack.
    Felecia
    That why it should be a config option, and we can keep it on by default for new players. It should have it's on config.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    @zoson I mostly agree with your analysis, I'm actually quite impressed with how well the game flow taught me how to play and increasingly introduce new topics. But even as a novice chess player I would be very confused if the game zoomed in on a random pawn. The team needs to work as a team and have a strategy. Beginners will have to learn that too. I think they understands that it's supposed to be a setting.

OFF TOPIC: @Felecia you have a grandson? Would never have guessed, you look so young in the picture! :)
    edited January 2016
    Hahah cheeky @Lance @Felecia :p

Nice write-up @zoson!
  • DanaDana Member Posts: 115
    YES PLEASE TURN THIS FEATURE OFF OR MAKE IT SELECTABLE! Many-a survivor has gone in the wrong direction because of a subtle finger swipe...and the camera moves unexpectedly...creating unwanted damage. I feel like a checkers/chess player not taking my finger off the pieces for want of an incorrect movement!
    Stonewall Guild/Six Shooter Posse
  • derylderyl Member Posts: 27
    Quoto!!!
  • JendersJenders Member Posts: 1
    THX!
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    +1. At minimum don't move camera after I've already pressed my player, that would avoid moving to wrong spots.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I think the animation would be just fine if it would simply not allow any movement at all before the animation, during the animation, and for a second after.
    can we just get a block to touch controls during this time to prevent accidental walker feedings?

kthx!
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    edited January 2016
    Good thing and bad thing..
    Good thing is, i get used to it. Im careful now when trying to move my survivors and not letting go of them quickly just to make sure that the camera will not move and jeopardizw my strategy.
    But the bad thing is, i dont want to get used to it!

• JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    @Dread I assume you talk about the kill-animation, not the focus-on-survivor. If touch blocking is implemented I MUST turn it off. That would slow things even more... I "always" do the next move before last one is finished, both for zoom-in-animation and normal walk-and-shoot-animation.

The zoom-in can also be stopped by a tap on the screen. Blocking touch would do away that possibility.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    I'm so glad there is a thread on this subject, agree with all the above, but worse still I almost had to delete the game as the constant zooming and page movement gave me the mother of migraines and wiped me out for 12 hours. I now play by looking away from the screen once I play a move which slows my game playing right down. Not the best way forward, but I'm hooked already. Love you all FizzyP
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!