Turn off auto center camera !

Comments

• DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    @JAG
    I am talking about all auto screen animations, both auto zoom and auto center.
    I am not suggesting the touch screen go dead, i am suggesting that they remove the possibility of moving/attacking with your survivors while the screen is moving all over the place on it's own.

this wouldn't slow anything any more than it already is, it would just prevent accidental actions.

if the screen insists on moving around on it's own, then ffs, don't allow controls based on movement to react during this time.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • DrehoDreho Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2016
    Have to agree, autocenter has caused me to run into walker packs many times, when I meant to shoot.
  • Woot! Another +1 For killing the kill shot :)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    What is it going to take to get the developers to give us the ability to turn off the totally unnecessary and completely useless auto center function? I know this is not a new topic on the forum, but how hard can it really be to make irratating functionality disappear? On missions like the last one this weeks challenge where your survivors can be really spread out, it is extremely frustrating to have to deal with the game automatically jumping huge distances between hits. I can't believe even one player actually likes or needs the screen to auto center. Come on NG, fix this for us please. Thank you in advance for your support.
  • DrPsychedelicDrPsychedelic Member Posts: 137
    Please do this
    Divus101
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Yea, please fix it. I play with x2 speed option and go fast. That damn auto-center sometimes causes my survivors to run in ridiculous positions like a chicken with its head cut off.... I know that's mainly my user-error (I should slow down), but there is no real benefit to auto-centering.
    DaleJadenDivus101
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I've been playing so long it doesn't really phase me anymore...plus it's been an issue for so long my money is not on them fixing it at this point!

But because @NCDawgFan is my PIC I will support anything that he asks for to make the game better!! And if @masmith93 wants it too then I better agree darn quick :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    masmith93Ovidmikel
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Omg it's especially aggravating doing the Iinto the woods challenge
    DonCoqui
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Ovidmikel

Yeah that one is the perfect example of the problem with this!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikel
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I agree: it's a pain. and sometimes results in them going off in weird directions if I don't slow down.
    Divus101
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Sometimes the "auto-center" feature is nice if your team is spread out and spawn generate in unexpected places and the screen snaps over to the scene to let you know whats going on so that you can defend. But the close-up of some of the kills that drags the screen completely away from what you want to focus on is a total pain in the a$$.
    SlickRickDonCoqui
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    + 1
    Divus101
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @darkfae You can always get the screen to center on any of your survivors by tapping their character card while on a mission. Also, nobody is talking about turning off auto centering on the walker turn, just your own. So you would still have the effect you describe.
    Auto centering during your own turn is a feature for teaching newbies how to play in the battle layer. "Here, pay attention to this now, you need to do something!" None of us experienced players need that cue.
    Divus101
    edited May 2016
    @zoson

Thanks I did not know about the taping the picture thing. I thought we were talking about the up close fatal shots and wasn't sure if the two different character auto centering features were related from a coding aspect meaning if they do away with one both effects would be lost.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    @DarkFae -- The close up of the kill shots goes away if you tap the "Fast Fwd" button in the lower right of your screen...or at least it does for me.
    zoson
    @OneLessTitan

Thanks I generally just tap any part of the screen when it starts and that snaps it back.
    zosonJaden
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    @DarkFae -- Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my previous post. If you tap the Fast Fwd button when you first start your mission, that will prevent the close up kill cam from ever happening.
    @OneLessTitan

Really? I will definitely do that when I get more gas! Thank you so much :)
  • kapaootweetskapaootweets Member Posts: 64
    @NCDawgFan Thank you for this post ! I lost a few stars in challenges because of this. I think we all wait for this auto center to be removed or at least become optional. Let's hope it will be done soon.
    More than 200 No Man's Land walkthrough videos HERE on my Youtube Channel
    masmith93
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    That "forward" button literally is a x2 speed button, so even the walkers move faster, and everything is quicker inbetween turns. So I always keep it on. But, yea, the best part is it prevents the close-up.
  • reisodreisod Member Posts: 20
    I imagine the auto-centering feature was implemented because someone imagined it might be useful. However, I think I'm not alone in finding it to be a complete nuisance. Most times the auto-centering jumps my view away from where I want it, and in worst cases it causes me to accidentally move my Survivor somewhere I didn't intend to. Can you please, please, please give us an option in settings to turn this off?
  • GhastlyPleasuresGhastlyPleasures Member Posts: 26
    Seconded!
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,860
    I agree - at least make it optional. It really is a PITA...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
  • solventsolvent Member Posts: 83
    Thirded.
    My thoughts & experience exactly.
    1. >500K walkers
    2. >24.5K survivors
    3. because it was either them or me
    #BBG #1000000stars #killemall #happyhunting
    (can we have our in-game kill stats back soon pls?)
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 544
    +1 auto center is totally annoying. Please kill it.
  • personlllpersonlll Member Posts: 79
    Please get rid of auto-center.
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    The worst map is Into Woods from Forest Challenge. Many times I made bad move which cost me stars because of auto centering
    SgtSalamiAvalon8