Pro Tip: Survivor map order coincides with 'Select Your Team' order.

zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
edited January 2016 in Strategy Discussion
So, when you are picking your team consider the order left to right. This is the same as the hospital.

If the map starts with your team horizontal, the order is also left to right. So the person in the leftmost spot in the 'Select Your Team' screen will be the survivor that starts on the left.

If the map starts with your team horizontal, the order is top to bottom. So the person in the leftmost spot in the 'Select Your Team' screen will be the survivor that starts on the top.

I've found the second instance very useful for the Cellar of Doom. As I take two ranged and one melee. Placing the melee in the leftmost spot guarantees he's in line with the door, allowing the melee survivor to make it through the door in 1AP.

Edit: Some new maps have the order reversed, but the order is still always consistent. For example, Lost Bunker and Trainwreck are both reversed.
NecroboogieunduzzzzzSolokaiRhondaHonda

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Yeah I play with the placement of survivors on a lot of missions.
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    Thanks @zoson. This will be very helpful in missions.
    Felecia
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    Yup, same goes for healing order.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    edited January 2016
    @zozon: Was this a suggestion for future implementation or how it works now? If the latter I suppose it would make more sense to move the post into "strategy section" (i.e. Tips & tricks)?

EDIT: Seems to be in the right section now. Thanks whoever! :)

PS. Thanks for the info.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    For the record, I noticed that in weekly challenge today (Forest challenge) both "Lost bunker" and "Train wreck"
    starts horizontal BUT right to left!

Still consistent, so if you fail due to non-optimal placement of Survivors you can change next try.
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    They should really implement a deployment zone and you can then manually place your survivors.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    FizzyPinot
  • OwlkapwnOwlkapwn Member Posts: 168
    @zoson When you look at the screen in games do you just see binary code like Neo cuz your insight is consistently and disturbingly helpful
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    edited January 2016
    Isn't it reverse on Lost Bunker?

I see Jag already mentioned it... My bad...
    Currently <51st in Global Top Players
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Yeah, I've noticed a few maps have the order reversed now. It's still always consistent though, so once you're aware it's backwards, you can adjust.
  • unduzzzzzunduzzzzz Member Posts: 10
    Excellent tip, thank you.
  • XenicideXenicide Member Posts: 1
    Is there any general tips on how to place them or is it more map specific?
    The same goes for healing but i guess that for another thread.

Quite often for me the second and third member switch places, but i haven't played long so it could a specific mission.
    (Would that count as a bug? Seems to small to bother.)
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Some maps have the order not 1-2-3. But, those maps the order is always the same.
    It seems many maps from burning forest are 3-2-1.

The order you choose very much depends on your squad. But, for example, it is very advantageous on Cellar of Doom to put any melee character you take in the leftmost spot, so they spawn on the top and can get through the door in 1AP, revealing shooting lines for your other two survivors.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Poppy said:

They should really implement a deployment zone and you can then manually place your survivors.

Now that's what I call a top thought for improvement of gameplay @poppy
    o:)
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
This discussion has been closed.