The math behind the farm

13»

Comments

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Everyone has the same goal. Get level 15 survivors, as it is the largest benefit to being able to succeed in game. The fastest path to level 15 survivors is with level 7 farms. It's not a small difference, it's a difference of months. There's no debate over this, and anyone pretending otherwise is doing just that - pretending.

Everyone knows who the real sources of good information on the forums are. All this thread does is strengthen that information, and weaken the credibility of anyone saying otherwise.
  • EricSEricS Member Posts: 23
    Dread said:

@EricS

Dread said:

In the longest of long runs, it will pay off and make you more, but when you need to upgrade other things to progress, you will be setting yourself back a long long time.

I said this, which means i wasn't misleading anything.

You agree that it pays off, but you make it sound like it takes a lot longer to pay off multiple farms than it actually would, and that's what I'm taking issue with. The only time you discuss how long it takes to recover from building multiple farms is exactly what I quoted, so that isn't exactly cherry picking. You state that it's two months per farm. For the first farm, you're right, but when multiple farms are involved, the paying back/catching up happens concurrently.
    Dread said:

You also aren't counting all the time it would take to generate the mass amounts of supplies to upgrade all farms.
    if you spend all this on farms instead of upgrades to your survivors via the training grounds/workshop/council, you will be setting yourself back so far that it is practically never a good investment at that point.

The first row in that table says "You start saving up for your first upgrade. At 5500 supplies per hour, 430000 supplies will take 78.18 hours." So, no, I'm not failing to count that time.

As for all the other things that you could have been doing, well yeah, that's my point, you'll be doing them 17 days later (ok, 21 days later if you line it up with the challenges cycle) at worst. In other words, if one day you start getting more stars/supplies/xp from challenges/missions due to upgrading something other than the farms, 17 days later someone that upgraded the farm could be upgrading the same thing and gaining the same benefit.

I'm not saying that this is the best way to play, or even a good idea. I'm just stating that you're overstating how far behind this gets you.
  • EricSEricS Member Posts: 23
    Ah, bugger, blew the editing *snicker*
  • TWDTWD Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2016
    zoson said:

Everyone has the same goal. Get level 15 survivors, as it is the largest benefit to being able to succeed in game. The fastest path to level 15 survivors is with level 7 farms. It's not a small difference, it's a difference of months. There's no debate over this, and anyone pretending otherwise is doing just that - pretending.

Everyone knows who the real sources of good information on the forums are. All this thread does is strengthen that information, and weaken the credibility of anyone saying otherwise.

Again, "fastest way" is relative to a person's playing frequency and mission choice. The same "2 months" argument keeps coming up but no one ever mentions about whether or not they actually get to level 15 survivors within 2 months. That is because everyone plays at a different pace and makes the statement only valid if it applies to each individual case.

I've said it multiple times, if you take longer to reach that goal than it takes for your investment to catch up, then the investment is worth it. If you are faster than that, then it isn't.

This isn't about "winning" an argument, but a simple discussion to analyze different scenarios. If you're not mature enough to participate in one, you can keep ignoring and pretend that you are right.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Guys! This thread needs to stop! Everyone of you has a point. Evryone has his own way of doing things. If they want to follow you or not, its their own decision. Likewise, if you dont want to follow someone's suggestion, then dont. As simple as that. Fastest way, slow playing, or casual playing, its not for you to dictate others how they want to play or tell them they are wrong and should do this. With the way this game progress, in the end, we will all hit the wall of max cap. Others do it faster, while others do it slower. You may think they make bad strategies and they may think otherwise. But you all said everything you wanted to say. Suggested what you want to suggest. So let us stop this thread now. And respect each others views and decisions on these things.

Lawdog
This discussion has been closed.