Token Upgrade

After I upgrade all my traits for an epic survivor, at 120 each. Why does it then cost 250 tokens to promote them to legendary, when the trait system first started it was only 120 tokens to promote to legendary.
Japes87MizTyDeadBeat

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Yes, that's an annoying change.

To be fair, those 120 tokens got you A LOT as you got the extra health and damage from moving to legendary plus a new trait at level 4.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Japes87
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    I think the better question is why does it cost 500 tokens to upgrade to 6 star when you don't get a new trait. That's crazy to me
    MarkVudnik
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    It doubles at every level too. I believe it's 1,000 tokens for every trait once you hit 6 star to get 1% more, not exactly a good value for token proposition.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 253
    edited September 2016
    I will know shortly...but my hunch is for every pink star is a 500 token scale. Right now it's 1000 for 2 pink and it may double or up by 500 (to 1500). If the latter then 45,000 tokens needed to fully upgrade to 6 stars...

Maybe that will be explained in the "help" section of the game, as game notes.
    edited September 2016
    @Japes87 I totally agree on this... User has to collect an addition set of tokens just to fill in the star!!!! Comeon ... @Shteevie lol what's the thought process on that? Please tell me that the designer was playing Leisure Suit Larry, while coding that one...lol
    Japes87
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 861
    The next rarity/star "Promote" button will be reflective of what the cost of next sequence of trait upgrade will be. It's not just a +500 scale. 7-star is 1,000 token each, 8-star is 2,000 token each. I don't have 9-star yet so don't know what the cost is yet but I hope to find out. Probably 4k each trait if it turns out to just be a "double" system from the previous cost level. If so, I will be quite disappointed.
    MizTyMark
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 401
    ....someone ask one of the russians with the suspended accounts...
    MusatTop8dogSurvivor6ix
    edited September 2016
    @Movado goodness! Thanks for sharing; I'm almost at 8, but that is insane 2K per trait upgrade......we will need a larger source of obtaining class specific tokens! Current offerings in bundles are puny when looking at it from a long distance; the big picture.
    MizTy
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    edited September 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 9/14/16 7:01 am
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    What??
    Seems like my post got modified,... Guess the Global leader cannot be spoken about
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

edited September 2016
    Edit

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 988
    Where are you guys getting all these tokens?!
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,342
    $$$$$$
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    It's ALL about revenue, not fairness or consideration.
    SgtSalami
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    I think the better question is why does it cost 1000 tokens to upgrade to 7 star when you don't get a new trait. That's crazy to me.
    MizTyJapes87
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2016
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Vudnik said:

It's ALL about revenue, not fairness or consideration.

-Keep it constructive, please. I find myself saying this to you quite a lot.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    As for the cost for upgrades, yes: it is a metric boatload of tokens to get to the very top. This was on purpose, and it was done with the long-term lifespan of the game in mind.

We chose to start the system up, with a minimal token income, and then increase the income rate over time. We've already started to do that by launching the focused 4th calls, tokens from TG shop, etc. More is already planned, and will be accessible to payers and non-payers alike. [In fact, the current plans for one of the biggest income paths doesn't even have an option to pay into it to make it better].

The alternative might have involved more price increases over time, which we also don't want to do.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTy
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2016
    Giving us option to promote survivors is a one of the biggest change in the game.
    Also no lvl cap is a huge thing!! Previously every council update forced us to getting more survivors with higher lvl. Which was so painful.... ICELS was necessary.
    I'm really surprised that NG changed it.
    Long way to promote our survivors to pink stars is fully understood for me.
    My gratitude for NG...
    sligoemMizTygespuer