Legendary Gear

Where is the legendary gear at? I was in a gas booster for 24 hours and did not get 1 legendary item. I played well over 300 missions and made sure that I opened up every gold crate just in case that happened to be the one. It seems like either I have no luck or the only way to get legendary gear is to buy with tg.
hiplnsdrftrpsychwolfRedEye52

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
    Legendary gear through gold crates has been über rare to me for a very long time now.
    When I want it I alway get the 7500tg crate.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,090
    @Tapatio75 I wish I could click the "Agree" button ten more times. I'm glad it's not just me.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Tapatio75Duck
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    I have been getting unusable legendary gear in the crates quite a bit the last month or so

But, the level is too low to use
    Sort of a wasted system in my opinion?
    srmcn1031gespuerInvader
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    Yes I have gotten low level legendary weapons while doing the challenges but I am talking about over 300 exploration missions in a 24 hr period and nadda.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,272
    If you were playing explore missions (food and XP), there is a note from NG (I think in the in game help, in the what's new in 2.1 section). It mentions that a higher % of gold crates in the specific missions hold rewards of that specific missions. I have no data on this, but maybe they took all gear out of those gold crates, and you can only get gear from gold crates in equipment explore missions and guild challenges. Maybe you got very unlucky, but thanks for pointing this out, and sorry you may have been the Guinea pig, but it's something for us to track.
    MizTyJapes87
    @JayZ -- I completely agree. Now if it turns out @srmcn1031 was just unlucky, and only rare gear drops were removed from XP/food missions, but legendary/epic equip drops haven't been changed (previously around 10-15% of gold crates I got were epic/leg equip).

@Shteevie - any info you have on the new drop rates in food/XP missions, specifically the gold crates. Can we still get epic and legendary equipment in gold crates? Or are equipment and guild missions the only place left for epic/leg gear?? Thanks for an info!!
    JayZ
    So it seems like I can only get level 19 legendary gear in high challenge missions or by buying them with either $$$ or 7500 tg.
    Here's the info from in game support. Sorry couldn't upload the pic to display automatically, on my phone.
    JayZ1Rissligoem
    @OneLessTitan thanks for the info
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    I've actually had some luck with the 'Better chance of gear' exploration missions. I've been able to pull some level 19 legendary items from these crates. (Although, the traits haven't always been desirable.)
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    Fester17
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    Since I hit level 30 and started doing the repeatables on this challenge I have received 5 level 20 legendary items...2 were bruiser weapons, 1 was shooter armor, 1 was a warrior weapon, and 1 was a shooter weapon

Scrapped 1 and kept 4
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    OneLessTitan
    @SlickRick Don't know what you mean by repeatables on the challenge?
    @SlickRick -- did you get all of them at RSL 30+ or did you notice if any of those came at earlier RSLs like 20 or 21??
    SlickRick
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,090
    @OneLessTitan Kind of a bummer that I'll have to play equipment missions for epic/legendary equipment. However, I will say that on the plus side, I can now pass up gold crates in my supply/xp runs that I otherwise would spend gold on for fear of missing out on legendary equipment. My 72 remaining gold will be happy to know this.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    OneLessTitan
    @srmcn1031

Basically maps on the challenge that you can take to level 30 and repeat over and over

They usually just require a combination of gold, time, luck, dodge, and interrupt...patience and a top notch team help also
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    @OneLessTitan

I got all 5 at RSL 30...I did get some okay stuff before that between levels 19-29 but I really only paid detailed attention at RSL 30...I like to see how repeatables help me in the gear department if that make sense...yes I'm warped
    @SlickRick Whenever you get a chance post a screenshot of what you are talking about. Still not following, do you mean in the weekly challenge?
    @srmcn1031 - "repeatables" are maps on guild challenges that you can beat way beyond the "recommended survivor level" (RSL) of your own survivors, using different battle techniques like pitting the raiders vs the walkers, manipulating walkers with interrupt, and getting hella lucky with dodge. Typically, a person with level 19 survivors can only beat a map about 3-4 RSL levels above their own survivors (so about 23 RSL). Some maps are beatable to RSL 30, at which point the walkers don't get harder and they are able to be played repeatedly.
    SlickRickrgerkmanMark
    @srmcn1031

Here are a couple...I'm only doing Deadly Boneyard and Left Behind...and yes @OneLessTitan nailed it :)

rgerkman
    @JayZ

Much more succinctly put :)
    Wow now that is some serious playing. Not at that level yet but hope to be sometime soon. I can get to about walker level 26. Then I get crushed.
    SlickRick
    @SlickRick
    @OneLessTitan
    Guys thanks for the info, now I just need to learn how to get to that level. I just really started paying attention to my crew and need to start over on some of my guys since their traits suck. I think that is why I am joining a new guild in order to get advice on ways to play.
    SlickRick
    @srmcn1031

Reapeatables are going away soon anyways...or at the very worst should be much much harder...well that's the hope at least

Good luck on your journey!! If you can get to level 26 I would say you're doing great!! :)
    MadPuppy
    Has anyone received level 20 legendary gear yet?
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @srmcn1031
    I read someone got a Leg Bruiser Armor in this Thread:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15756/level-20-gear#latest
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    I used to get an ok supply of low level legendary gear, some usable epic. I purged my gear recently for x2 XP and since then my new stash is almost completely green and brown and grey.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
    FLWill
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    @srmcn1031 I received this scout armour after a RSL 30 challenge mission. Not the best traits but base level 20 legendary just the same.
    gespuer