Display gear and survivor traits during a mission

PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
edited September 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
As the game has made significant changes over the last few months I finally find myself using my entire team. I use all survivor types, rotate through all guys of one type.
This results into a constant change of gear between the team members, which then in turn results into not knowing which survivor has the interrupt weapon, which one the threat reduction, and so on.

I would suggest using the survivor pics on the left side during a mission to display this:
- a small overlay, three rows with the small icons of the traits
--- 5x survivor traits
--- 3x weapon traits
--- 3x armor traits
- the icons can be small, we all know what they look like and what they mean
- the survivor's pic is not really important, and the function of using the special ability stays the same
- if we wanted to get really fancy you could give us a function to display the 11 traits (5+3+3) in a bigger overlay window when we press longer on the survivor's pic.
If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
contact us via email at [email protected]
kryptonixAvalon8FeleciaMagee529MadPuppyMarkbubblesStayHumansligoemrgerkmanMystiqueLambaribergFLWill

Comments

• kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    seconded
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    +1 great idea! Much needed

Alternatively, I would be happy if I could just click the survivor & see which gear is currently equipped o:)

I do forget!
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    This is a must! Traits make a huge difference in game play. Trying to remember which survivor has the weapon and armor needed is way too cumbersome if you have several survivors. Great suggestion @Putchuco
    Felecia
    MizTyMadPuppyStayHumanDeeLHC
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Anyone else, or is this a useless idea?
  • StayHumanStayHuman Member Posts: 86
    +1111
    That is an awesome idea! I'd appreciate this very much!
    Knowing about the traits during the missions would help a lot @Putchuco
    MizTyPutchuco
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,355
    Great idea and it was suggested previously but there maybe a limitation on the UI.

Paging @Shteevie .
    MizTyPutchuco
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    This is a very interesting idea. I think the 'long press' suggestion is the most likely to happen, but it's not a small change. It could increase loading times, memory usage, or other functional issues that we are already 'up against the wall' with.

I'll add it to the backlog anyways and see if there is something that can be done. Can't happen for 2.2, but maybe afterwards.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTyrgerkmanMystiqueFLWill
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2016
    Don't know if it will help @Shteevie but you are more than welcome to stop the trees & grass from swaying for tablets & replace with this idea lol
    *If it will help any*
    Matter of fact.. you can go ahead & do that now & maybe.. Just maybe! my game will crash left often lol :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I love this idea - would love to see it actualize
    MizTy
    Thx all for the feedback!

@Shteevie , @Teeceezy , any chance for this rather small improvement?

I wouldn't mind if we would also get an improved gear-selection. Picking/swapping gear for 20+ survivors from 7x (classes) 2x (weapon/armor) 10 items is becoming time-consuming.
    One option could be to have a survivor class selector on top of the survivor list when going into a mission. Right now we have to scroll through all survivors of all classes.

Things like this could nicely improve playability.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I like the idea, but as I said above, it's actually not that small. Any change that affects the UI also by definition requires code support, and additionally needs rounds of approval that code and data changes usually don't.

It's already in the backlog as a suggestion item, but I can't promise anything about if or when it will be added.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Thx @Shteevie , the consideration is much appreciated.
    With ever-longer challenges, multiple swaps in team and gear are getting annoying. Anything streamlining this would be very good for the game.
    MizTy