Need to choose a few to retire from (Assault) and (Scout)

Finally I decided to burn through my radios. I'm getting more of them than before, and frankly, I just wanna have some survivors too. Done with waiting. I've gotten my first legendary survivors today (yay me!), although the traits don't look all that splendid to me. Not even averse to booting a legendary if that means using the tokens to promote an epic with better traits to legendary.

I do not have any more slots left, but still a bunch of radio's I'm burning through.
Now I need some feedback to help me through the dilemma of which are my worst survivors.
This is a tough choice to make. Well for me at least. I've not given much attention to traits yet thus far because I didn't have anything to choose from.
I'm trimming down on the scouts and assaults because those two I have way more of than the other classes.

@TheLostOnes @Illbrainer @lioncheeter @CarolWannabe @zbot

Special thanks to zbot for helping me through the bummer of loosing a whole lot of awesomeness tonight.
I'm getting over it already, although I've now spent double the radio's and got less than half the hero tokens.

TheLostOnes

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    Mara: she does lack retaliate for a melee character but luck, dodge, and bullet dodge are solid.
    Dan, Debbie, and Warren: candidates for scrapping.
    Paula: candidate for promotion, if you get luck would be better than Mara as she has retaliate.

HB, WS: Keep for promotion: just need to unlock a decent 5th trait.
    Amber, Zachary: candidates for scrapping.
    A1: promote if you get luck, keep, if not will need to evaluate

Pros of bullet dodge, useful trait to have but depends on the missions, if there are no range attackers or outpost raids it's a wasted trait but I like to have versatile survivors.
    MizTymcbkhicksMadPuppyhorrormathers
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @MadPuppy Hi my friend! Since you tagged me, will also chip in even though I'm under the influence

If you want to keep 3 of each (which I guess you do), scrap the scouts called Debbie and Warren and the warriors Amber and , dare I say it, Zachary.

Disclaimer: I'm old school and suspecios of the new traits.

Good luck whatever you do!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    MadPuppy
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I like all those scouts, but the assault HB has no reason to stay. All same traits as WS but defensive stance so...
    Good luck, dumbass
    MadPuppy
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    Warren and Dan are throwable though
    Good luck, dumbass
    MadPuppy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Thanks all for the feedback. I could find myself in all your advice. And indeed, you confirmed my suspicion that Zachary was not a keeper. You may say whatever you think @TheLostOnes that's what I asked for. Thanks!

In further calls I got an assault with Dodge, Bullet Dodge, Luck and Iron skin. I used the tokens to get that one legendary, the last trait was Marksman. That one will likely stay for a long while. Along with what's left, I have space for now.

In the scouts I kept Mara and Paula, and with Glenn that team is up to three. I got a new one that is scrappable, but is sitting there for now.

In the other classes there is not much to choose, either it's good or just 2 or 3.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 561
    @MadPuppy I think that HairyBalls and WillSwallow are the two best (interesting that no one will refer to them by name). Something about the WillSwallow one makes me instinctively want to keep her, (or is it a him...full name Will Swallow) regardless of the traits.

Seems like Debbie, Warren, Amber ,and Zach are ones to dump.

PS I am also curious are HairyBalls and WillSwallow the full given names of these toons (Hairy Balls and Will Swallow) or just the nicknames they got in camp from the other survivors, and 2, did you just post this thread to show these toons to us? A1 is also an interesting name...wonder how she got that?
    Thanks for the feedback @SgtSalami

As for the names, I actually forgot them until I had to figure out what those two letter capitalized codes where that ppl were using in their replies.

Those names were meant to taunt my raiders, as those toons were my defenders. Gonna think of something new though, I'm bored with those names now.
  • lioncheeterlioncheeter Member Posts: 71
    Will swallow hairy balls,what the fuck,mad?i really don't know shit about who to keep or retire,but dude,those names are pretty screwed up,seriously,though,i always keep retaliation for melee,bullet dodge is good to have,lot more humans in challenges l8ly,luck and dodge always good,i would keep as many 4 and 5 star possible, traits are good to have interchangeable people for different enemy types,my thoughts?open more slots if you can and keep as many assault as possible to rotate for hospital visits
    More survivors? I've now got like 15 toons to upgrade 10 levels each. Plus gear to be found and upgraded. This will take a good while. I'm a happy camper really. I agree with the keeping it varied. I haven't booted everyone. I just needed to decide who to boot if new nice survivors come from radio calls. Just now starting to tap into trait considerations, now that I have choice in them.

First things first, getting my first 3 legendary team trained and equipped.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,098
    In scouts, I would keep Mara and Paula as Mara has luck and dodge while Paula has dodge and retaliate.

In Assault, you should keep the Hairy Balls and Will Swallow to yourself as all the traits are great i.e. luck, dodge, iron skin. As far as Zachary is concerned, despite burning so many radios I have not been able to net a single epic or legendary assault. Looking at the Legendary Assault, I would say keep him. But looking at his traits, I would say kick him out and upgrade your Hairy Balls and Will Swallow.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    @zeeblack
    I kicked Zachary.
    In another radio call I got an assault that looked even nicer than the ones I already had, and upgraded them to legendary with the tokens.
    zeeblack