Super Cycle & Changes to Outposts Matchmaking - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @PowerUK, @Gindy

Your experiences in the game, whether or not they include Outpost play, are still very valid and I wouldn't call your play patterns or requests problematic or unreasonable.

We do want players to keep their Outposts even if they don't use them. You can't lose Trade Goods any more, and your Influence is of no matter to a non-Outpost player. So it's just some extra TG per hour for you, and that's fine with us.

Playing occasionally because you prefer the challenges or other modes is also fine. No one will be forced to play PvP if it's not their bag. Of course, we'd like to give you the chance and incentives to try now and again, which is where this line of events and game changes are coming from. I don't think we'll ever offer exclusive non-PvP-related rewards to PvP, so that everyone can use the TG Shop.

Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    PowerUK
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    My outpost has been wiped out twice without any loss of influence
  • @Shut_Up
    I don't have to prove anything. I want my IGN private. I posted that SS just to support my text. I'm not here to impress. I'm also here neither to be popular nor draw out lulz. I'm here to join others to make things better for all.

That was an honest-to-goodness statement. It may have been incorrectly expressed but I didn't mean any effect such as that I am insulting you. In the following lines, however, I mean everything including connotations and implications.

Why do you have to tag only to deliver sarcasm and suggesting that I may be lying or haughty? Is it to showcase your ability to be sarcastic? because you don't have to. You've already proven that in so many comments in so many threads.

One thing I notice about your posts though, is that most of the times, they are passionate criticisms but they are fueled by the wrong force which is anger. If your aim is to be an effective critic, you are not doing it right.

You are here but not here. You are trapped in a room somewhere that's full of anger. There are doors there and, the doors are not locked. You can always get out and you will become effective at what you do.
    Disaster
  • JesterRadicsJesterRadics Member Posts: 20
    @Shteevie unfortunately nothing is fixed. Most of the time i get enemies with 10 ip. This kills the event:(
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    I got a feeling they purposely set it at 10 influence per raid regardless of your opponent. I met lvl19 legendary with 19 walker and also lvl14 rare/epic with 15 walker. Both gave the same IP,only difference was the TG reward. But it okay. At least i can rotate my survivor with the event. Currently just farm 10k TG and 230 IP lolol
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    If NG were a Major League Baseball pitcher he'd be sent to the minors, or the sandlot with the junkyard dogs, because there are nothing but lowballs here.
    mongo911

• This is how I play Outpost now. I no longer play for IP. I take whatever match-up is given and if Z defense is formidable, I tap FLEE. If I can take the TG without attacking, I do. But defenders are intentionally placed to prevent that scenario like the Shooter in the second match-up. So I had to put him down.
    GrimGael
  • TricipitinusTricipitinus Member Posts: 1
    I was just matched against a player who seems to not ever having upgraded his outpost but placed lvl19 defender.
    what that meant was there were only like 4 lvl1 walkers to kill, so no charges for my attackers. this led to me failing the attack. this is completely broken since as a defender you fare better with not having invested a single tg crate into your outpost defenses compared to maxing it out. crazy..
    DeadBeat
  • icecakesicecakes Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    Is there a limit to how many times you can raid? The past two three days I've done 11 raids and all of a sudden the highest influence I get is 10?? The avg influence i got for the past raids were all between 60-74.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    No. Influence goes up and down, suppose it depends on certain characteristics of your opponent. I guess it depends on who's within your 'range'.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @Tricipitinus
    Thank you for this feedback.
    Next is aware of this.
    Merging this with the outpost discussion.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    So apparently if the opponents influence us more than 10 it's rural map. Kinda frustrating that the influence range was changed. I've been "skipping" any map that gives 10-12 influence and going for those that offer 40+ and ironically all of those are rural map 3.

So it seems if you want to move influence forward you're to do it nickel and dime. Literally. Because every outpost that gives 40+ influence is rural farm (unlike yesterday)

Did NG decide to minimalize influence and max out the harder ones for more influence? Seems the ones with high influence have rural farm 3 with omni dodgers.

Searched out 20 outposts; played 7 (ones 40+) every single one was rural farm map 3.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    I saw 0 maps giving 1-15 influence until this weekends event. @Shteevie was the influence changed due to the weekend event figuring people would play so wanted to "level the playing field" by offering low influence? Rural map 3 seems to be the high influence offerred outposts. Was this done deliberately?

• GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    While the "too few walkers" issue is a pain, it is not impossible. You're given a free wave of low level walkers to charge up the second you open the gate. For the new raiders coming in (like me) it's the only strategy availible. I'm raiding my brains out to upgrade my walkers but it doesn't happen immediately. It will still be days or weeks before the walkers I field will bother anyone. I don't care about defense right now, but if I did, that would be the only choice. It's just a different strategy that it appears will be eliminated. As will be the widely reviled rural map. So anyone taking bets on the second-best defense that will become the new most hated and only thing we see?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Well, we did fix the part that was giving people matches against defenders of 3+ levels above them. I haven't seen any report of that. This is largely due to the change in the matchmaking that we started with, so I'm glad people stuck with it enough to do what we wanted.

The influence reward bit was an unexpected side effect that took me by surprise. Some things are more deeply interconnected than I first realized. Matches with better influence rewards are still available, and everyone should be able to make it to 3k this weekend if they want to put in the effort. [In my personal opinion, that is.] Not ideal, though, and I'll be the first to admit that.

There is no connection to the map and the influence reward. Rather, the rural farm is the last to unlock, meaning that many players will move to it when they unlock it [whether or not they read the forums], and the highest level players therefore congregate on that map. We'll have more work to adjust the rewards now that matchmaking is much closer to where we want it soon, and the second half of the cycle will be pretty lucrative for rewards.

Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    DLichMizTyGrimGaelMarsOne
  • MarsOneMarsOne Member Posts: 65
    @Shteevie I am starting to see fairer opponents now, after facing players 2-3 levels higher than me since the changes.
    My biggest gripe is still with the broken dodge/stunned retaliate mechanics.
    It will be nice when they are fixed.
    MizTy
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    <quote> @Shteevie said: Well, we did fix the part that was giving people matches against defenders of 3+ levels above them. I haven't seen any report of that. This is largely due to the change in the matchmaking that we started with, so I'm glad people stuck with it enough to do what we wanted. </quote>

So does this mean that if I'm a L25 player, I'll never face any other player > L28 while Outposting? That would make for an interesting leaderboard mashup... maybe it's time to dust off my old Alt :o
    MizTy
    Something is creating these 90+ influence outposts I'm seeing and @Shteevie if you're saying "higher level players" is the reason for that and I can't determine what level my opponent is I have to assume I'm already matched with opponents that are high level because I'm high level (55).

I'm noticing outposts opponents that have rare and below are low influence. Around 10-20. Opponents with all legendary opponents seem to be 50 range influence and some are 90 (those that have rural 3)

So I accept the answer it's not tied to the particular outpost they've set up but they all have legendary defenders and those with purple/pink stars (which I can't see until I enter the outpost) seem to offer 90 influence.

I guess what I'm asking is where did 10 influence outposts come from? They weren't here from 2.1 to yesterday. They showed up today. Something was tweaked. It seems to be based on defender types then if it's not based on outposts.

Saying that the "highest level players conglomerate on that map" would imply that higher level players offer more influence. Is there some counter in the game that determines people's number of outposts defended? These outposts that offer 90 influence seem to be well equipped with strong defenses. Has the game seen how many times they successfully defended their outposts and determined they are worth more influence?

Something changed. Just trying to figure out what it was. 10 influence opponents and 90 influence opponents weren't here yesterday.

MizTy
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    I'm confused. If we all (can) get to 3000 influence, how is it different than us all being 2000 influence, other than you give us better goodies?

@Shteevie

Also, matchmaking seems to be getting better. I'm able to do more than one raid at the end of my play time before being hospitalized. Good job!
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

MizTy
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Is this weekend a write off then or are you guys going to fix it?
    ggbats
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    Poppy said:

Is this weekend a write off then or are you guys going to fix it?

@Poppy , the 1 inf has been fixed, not sure what else you are referring to but so far the events a go, I've done about 50 raids and so far so good.
  • Brookiebaby1984Brookiebaby1984 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2016
    Is the walker pit upgrade supposed to be decreased? Mine is still the same. Also how do you "capture" walkers for your pit? I am on level 44 and still don't understand how to do that! Lol! @Teeceezy
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    @Brookiebaby1984 , not the upgrade for the walker pit but the walker capture and upgrade. You do this by clicking on the walker pit, click the zombie hand icon and you can upgrade your normal walker, capture normal, armored, tank walkers.
    Brookiebaby1984
  • @zbot thanks for the help!!
    zbot
  • KermytKermyt Member Posts: 37
    Add my two cents, as it were. You can typically guess who you're gonna battle based on crates and gold influence thingy (GIT for short). If GIT is high then player is stronger and vice versa. Crates I'm kinda, at present, relating to walker level....not proven yet but it's my theory. You not like the match them press X and try again.

My only gripe is the level 14 2* survivor taking two hits to kill similar to a 19 5*. Be nice to get the odd one hit kill, kaboooooooom!
    MizTy
  • KevinalfaroKevinalfaro Member Posts: 25
    I got 10 influence in a raid with lvl 13 epic opponents and lvl 13 walkers, i think is pretty little cuz yesterday i got around 40 in easier raids
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    Confused.... Hit 2000 IP and the IP rewards went from approx 60 IP per outpost to 10 IP. So the higher u go the ip reward goes lower???? Just wondering
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @soggybottoms
    I'm currently on 3178 and have had anything from 10 to 92 shown up in the last couple of hours.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Kermyt
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    Thanks @Neil_J I am now getting some bigger #'s mixed in with the 10's. Not bad ie 175, 150 I can live with them. I like the quick healing too, lol.