Confession Box for Outpost Raids

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    GrimGael said:

No tradegoods are lost by the defender.

@GrimGael, thanks for the response. I had no idea that tradegoods aren't lost by the defenders in an encounter. I think not knowing that might be the case for the vast majority of folks.

Let me dig a little further into this. In the future if I come in and scoop up some trade goods that aren't being defended, how do I end the encounter at that point? Do I hit the flee button? Do I just back off and kill walkers until the timer on the encounter expires?

Also, I have seen in this thread where people talk about being sure that people bring a scout to get to the trade goods. That seems at first glance a little goofy. Can't the defenders engineer it so that the trade goods are as close to the door as possible, and their survivors are tucked around a corner out of the sight line? I know that some outpost maps are better suited for that kind of a setup. If you need the raiders to have a scout in order to get the trade goods, it sounds like you're expecting that scout to soak up some potentially lethal strikes from the defenders since there isn't an option for the defender AI to be passive if they see a raider.

Appreciate your insights!

DodkongGrimGael
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    @tabernac So a few of your assumptions are a bit off, but here's the lowdown.

At any point after you retrieve the flag in the first section, you can end the raid and it will be a draw. I believe the "Flee" button changes to "End" or "Quit" or something, but don't quote me on this. Either way, don't be scared to press it as it brings up another prompt screen with more details before any action is actually taken.

So the main goal, especially with a Scout, is to open the door to the last section with another survivor, run and grab the TG crate with the Scout (if properly positioned), and end the raid. The match will say that it ended in a "Draw," you will receive the complete TG payout that the Outpost was rated for, and zero influence will be gained/lost by either the attacker or defender. Note that on the turn that you open the gate, the defenders do not react to you (aside from being alerted to your presence if you come within their line of sight). So unlike running past a Walker, the defenders will NOT be in Overwatch on this turn. You're free to run past them or do whatever without them reacting (aside from traits such as Retaliate if you attack them). As long as you end the raid after you grab the TGs with the Scout and before using your last survivors action (thus ending your turn) you won't really have to worry about the defenders.

Hope that clarifies. For a much more in-depth explanation, this website has a wealth of information: https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/outposts-raiding-tips/
    Courtesy of @OneLessTitan
    GrimGael
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    @TJCart Many thanks for this post. Your post and the link you provided are very informative.

It seems to me if we want this culture to spread, the defenders should engineer their maps similar to what I mentioned earlier so that scouts aren't necessary at all. Tradegoods as close to the door as possible, and defenders situated around a corner, and out of line of sight. I would post a screenshot of this kind of a setup, but unfortunately I'm among the list souls that had their progress wiped out.
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    JackBauer said:

Blocking TG is a bad idea @WeekOne

Looks like I got a couple of yours too @JackBauer :D

I sincerely hope you had fun. I don't mind losing TG as long as my Outpost isn't boring.

Enjoy!
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @WeekOne I lost only two because Daryl was unbelievable dodging two times in a row !
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    The button goes to complete. After pulling the flag, if you leave w/out tg, it is a draw. If you leave with tg, it is a win. If you leave with tg after killing all 3 defenders, you get influence too.
    I have the setup you described, somewhat. Take the tg, you don't need a scout, and hit the button immediately to complete=free tg. Stick around and it's on. People who stick around are shooting or stabbing your defenders, it's just what toons do. Hiding doesn't really help defenders, it allows the attacker complete initiative to attack 3 on 3 instead of 2 on 3. The setups that allow any toon, not just scouts, to snatch the tg are generally regarded as inferior defensively. So if someone has chosen one they are likely making the first move toward peaceful trading. Peaceful raiders bring scouts, they are regarded as inferior attackers (not very durable) I love grabbing tg with a scout that any toon can reach. It means we both made the first move, lol
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @GrimGael I would hardly argue that Scouts are inferior in Outpost. While it may be true that Scouts can weather fewer hits, Scouts can do some serious damage. I have an arsenal of survivors, so I don't mind some hospital time for my Scout if it allows me to kill a set of TG blockers.

Among the reasons I like using Scouts:
    - Enemy defenders that are in cover, stationary, and stun resistant take forever to kill with ranged survivors. Scouts deal high damage and can usually get any defender from green to red in one charge attack (which can't be dodged).
    - Scouts with Retaliate are especially potent against stationary survivors. After my Scout takes a defender to red on turn 1, Retaliate might sometimes kill them, or at least soften them up enough that even a body shot from my Assault will do the job.
    - Swift Strike and Charging can give your Scout several extra undodgeable and strong attacks (if you're lucky - I don't like to count on it, but it's nice when it happens).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    GrimGael
    Indeed.
    If you look carefully, I said "regarded as"
    Every outpost kill I've gotten had a scout on the team. Every tg blocker gets a stab in the face by way of hello. But many murder crews are 3 shooters, like @capibara or some similar combo. When you see me coast in with a scout, I'm trying _not_ to kill anyone, lol.
    JayZcapibaraPig
    Sounds like bullet dodge needs nerfed again, @JackBauer
    You should start a thread.
    JackBauer
  • AndreaAndrea Member Posts: 1,009
    edited March 2017
    I did a lot of raid but one block a tg and i dance of his survivors! Sorry Mani! >:)
    ....same end for AAA ....
    Friendly: Zn30 , Dan , Specky , Vany , Rambro , Manolo , Lost Highway , The landlord , yyi , asdas .
    The scout is important for more setup ;)
    Enjoy!
    Thank you @DLich ! Nice beer for my survivors... AAA you r.i.p. two times :D
    ....i'm alone in outpost???
    DLich
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I had a nice stay in @JackBauer outpost. Nice crew there. :)
    Maybe you can rename the one defender, cause hospital time is down to 1:15 I think. ;)
    AndreaJackBauerGrimGael
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Just an ethical question: is it bad for my karma when I raid using 3 Bruisers?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    SCBMAGrimGaeljester
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    JackBauer said:

Just an ethical question: is it bad for my karma when I raid using 3 Bruisers?

All is fair in love and war.

JackBauer
    There's no way you can screw over players the most, @JackBauer Top spot is already taken. Just spread the suffering.
    Grogor I visited your outpost and came in peace. Even with your LLS I don't wanted to fight only grab TG and go.
    Why do you force me to kill your crew?
    Andrea
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    He probably wants to lower his level. Kill away
    SCBMAAndrea
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I don't understand how Grogor is forcing you to kill all his defenders. With @David_H79's first pic, I would run Carol ahead two spaces so as to keep her hidden from the bruiser. I would use the Shooter to double tap the defending Shooter. Then end turn and take a body shot from the defending Hunter. Next turn, I would run Carol around the crates, snag the TGs and complete the raid.

This is all under the assumption that you are trying to avoid gaining influence. I try my damnedest to avoid gaining influence when doing raids, so if I can only kill one defender and get the TGs, I do.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    TheLostOnes
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,530
    SCBMA said:

I'm not killing all of his defenders. Just the 2 low level he has in there to draw the bruiser out so I can get to the TG. I don't want his influence but it looks like he is trying to lower his.

There are easier ways to let your influence drop. I just go on a raid and wait for the system to reconnect and when you come back, you lost. Works like a charm. :smirk:
    SCBMAGrimGael
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 684
    i doubt Grogor's LLS can cause any bruises to lvl 20 survivors. Just go for the TG and let his minions have some fun poking around. o:)
    David_H79
  • TweetyBirdTweetyBird Member Posts: 157
    @movado paid me a visit and killed my people but not for much influence
    Movado
    @Dodkong I have no problem to win influence. But my Outpost fighting days are over. I now play outpost casual: grab TG and go. And everyone is happy.
    But if the defender thinks to block TG is a good idea, I have no problem with killing them.
    My attacker teams are well equipped for a fight and I have sweet nurses in my hospital tent.
    :)
    Kafir
    Lol, @TweetyBird didn't you see? Movado gave himself license to kill anyone and everyone in outposts because people were rude to his defenders for a few weeks. He was very hurt and lost faith, now only blood will soothe his tortured soul.
    MovadoGovernatorSCBMACaptainslayer
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    edited March 2017
    @TweetyBird Hello! I don't remember your outpost, but either it wasn't very accommodating, or your Bruiser tried to molest me, or I didn't like the way your guys looked at me. Had to be some reason. Not gunning for Influence, which is why I'm nowhere on cycle-leaderboard.

Currently, just want to stockpile TG's to buy legend-crates. Trying to avoid killing if possible. "Stun & run" is quicker. I might even have @GrimGael 's stamp-of-approval on my recent raids (see log).

Peace for now. Violence comes later...
    GrimGaelSCBMA
    Experiment failed...again... :(
    Movado