Interrupt Trait

Could one of you nice people please explain to me what exactly the interrupt trait does on a weapon? I'm not sure I've ever seen it in action, but I know everyone loves it. Thanks!

Comments

• KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    I would also appreciate a more detailed explanation. I have 3 weapons with this trait and still don't really understand.

"Has an 80% chance of interrupting the enemy after an overwatch attack". What does interrupt mean - kill or stop in their tracks? After overwatch - is that after my survivor has completed a round of overwatch?

I've never noticed the word "interrupt" pop up like "lucky" so I can tell when this trait is being used.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2016
    Shteevie said:

-Interrupt means when you attack a target in overwatch, it stops and doesn't finish it's action. For walkers, this ends their turn.

Thread can be found here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/131591#Comment_131591
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

RedEye52
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Thanks! So it appears that this only works when you don't kill the walker with your Overwatch attack. I got it now. :smile:
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 219
    edited September 2016
    Just remember that you need more than one space between you and the walker for interrupt to work. If the walker doesn't have to move to attack you, the ranged interrupt does no good. That is why you end up doing a funny dance when you are facing upper lvl walkers. You are trying to keep one space between you and the walker but stay in overwatch so that it works to give you the multiple attacks you need to take them down.

If you are doing it right with, e.g., three survivors with 100% interrupt, you can move them in a group so that can get 2 shots off and keep the 3rd one in overwatch to protect the group. You also have to be careful when more than one walker is within range because the AI doesn't necessarily know that it should use interrupt shots on multiple walkers. You could have two ranged survivors in overwatch and they will both shoot the same target which leaves the 2nd walker a free path to attack. Once you get the hang of it, it is pretty straight forward and it is one of the only ways to defeat higher lvl walkers.

I assume meelee interrupt is the same but can't speak from experience on that one.
    psychwolfRedEye52Intersolar
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    edited October 2016
    I value interrupt on shooter and scout weapons over any other trait. Scouts make great interrupters because you have far greater control over your target (especially on maps that mix up walkers and freemen.)

Interrupt is largely worthless against enemy hunters though. You're just gonna have to kill/stun them.

Interrupt is about the safest way to bring down a higher level tank. Also, about the safest way to bring down any target 3+ levels above your survivors' levels.

Interrupt tactics require lots of patience and time. The threat ticker will catch up to you unless you run survivors with lots of vigilance. Speaking of which...

Interrupt stacks well with vigilance (increases ow dmg) and defensive stance (increases dmg resistance during ow.) In the case that you have silver interrupt (80%) on a weapon, gold luck (15%) will get you effectively the rest of the way there.
    RedEye52psychwolf
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    RedEye52 said:

Could one of you nice people please explain to me what exactly the interrupt trait does on a weapon? I'm not sure I've ever seen it in action, but I know everyone loves it. Thanks!

Hi

I did a video showing how it works, hope this is helpful :)

Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    MizTyRedEye52
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    DCNats said:

Just remember that you need more than one space between you and the walker for interrupt to work. If the walker doesn't have to move to attack you, the ranged interrupt does no good.

Which I think is stupid. Any action by a walker should allow for an interrupt

MizTy
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Thanks @nickc25!
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    You need to remember that interrupt on overwatch can be risky since ranged survivors will all shoot the first thing that moves, almost always a walker and not a raider, and if you use melee survivors to interrupt they can stab the same walker leaving you exposed to an adjacent walker approaching. As mentioned above, interrupt is your very best weapon against high level walkers, especially fatties. Good luck.
    MizTy