Cry for pity: I lost 176 tokens and ended up with Defensive Stance

So this really isn't a new discussion, more a cry for attention and pity (where is @masmith93 's pity button when you need it?). So a fair warning: If you think grown men crying over tiny problems in a video game is pathetic, you should move on to another thread.

But here we go. I just pulled a legendary assault called Samantha. Now, that's the good part, not seeking pity for that.

But I has to choose.

Option #1 I could make Samantha my new No. 3 assault by retiring my current No. 3, Jill, who would give me 182 tokens (she was a fully upgraded epic just needing 250 tokens to turn legendary). Or option #2 I could retire Samantha and use the 256 tokens to promote Jill.

In terms of traits the only difference was that Samantha had defensive stance as the 5th:

I really don't like defensive stance, so I thought that I would go with option #2 even though the net effect would be 176 fewer assault tokens (182 tokens in the bank for option #1 vs 256-250 = 6 tokens for option #2).

Of course this happened:

I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
masmith93ggbatsInspTurbines[Deleted User]soggybottomsblynknzMizTyCaptainslayerDLichVerbaubp_herianMrSorrowWalkermanMarcantBorutoNataNxyBill_ZRT

Comments

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Let the Pity Party Begin!!!
    I'll bring the goodies!! :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    TheLostOnesInspTurbinesMrSorrow
  • IntersolarIntersolar Member Posts: 18
    Like a new player I want my ranged survivors with luck, dodge, marksman, sure shot and retaliate or iron skin. But now this door is closed for me cos one smartass decide these traits are overpowered when collected by one survivor. My builds obviously are weaker than an old school players have. For the reason to bring greater good in this world and become everyone equal NG will make improvements and rebalancing again. Do you feel fresh breeze of the next nerf?
    soggybottoms
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,135
    I would have thrashed Samantha. She is not a good girl.. Beware! :#
    Trust this rodent
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    InspTurbinesTheLostOnes
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Sam puts out when your you really need it. I would not loose faith. Remember gold is forever. Blue means your dead.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    Let me hijack this thread abit.
    The prettiest assault in my team got the worst 5th trait ever :(

Should have send Andrea for promotion first. So should i scrap my Tara ?
    TheLostOnesInspTurbines
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @KelvSG you are in almost exactly the same situation I was in -- I would retire Tara and gamble on a better 5th trait for the epic assault. But perhaps I'm the wrong guy to take advise from.
    I'm lost.

• LydiaLydia Member Posts: 167
    I feel your pain.. same happens to me every time, always defensive as 5th trait. I have saved 3 epic hunters that I feel are worth upgrading to legendary - half tempted to bin kait for tokens to use on jack or erica, but hard decision as will be gutted to get defensive trait yet again on the remaining two :( I'm possibly better off waiting it out, saving up and upgrading all 3 to increase chance of something decent
    TheLostOnes
  • LydiaLydia Member Posts: 167
    Unamused :persevere:
    image.png 1005.9K
    TheLostOnesp_herian
    @Lydia are you looking for bullet dodge? If not, then all your tries are useless. Bullet dodge, vigilant, D-stance, one or two or three of them have been added to every new survivor. Without exceptions. Just trust me, this is a cruel reality.
    @KelvSG please tell me when you got Amy: before or after last 3 traits came? If it's happens after, then accept my apologies @all, my POV is wrong. If your survivor came from the old times then I guess all traits are predetermined while survivor creating and I'm definitely right in my opinion.
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    @Intersolar after. In fact i also have another shooter who also happen to get lucky as 5th trait on the same day as my hunter. (Although i have 3 more getting defensive stance as 5th trait on the same week:()
    @KelvSG O.K. I believe you. My bad, so forgive me my categoric statement.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I just Upgraded this one @TheLostOnes .. blew through almost 800 Tokens!!!

I blame you :joy: :joy: :joy:
    :kissing_heart:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Nooooo! I'm so sorry, @rgerkman

Where's that pity button???
    I'm lost.

rgerkmanInspTurbinesmasmith93p_herian
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    @TheLostOnes , three of my leg assaults have the exact same traits just in different order and defensive stance is one of those traits. 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @zbot why have shitty traits at all? I don't think they all need to be super duper, but no trait should suck so hard that we say "4 out of 5 isn't bad"

Oops, I forgot, #DS4Life
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    mongo911[Deleted User]SgtSalamiTheLostOnes
    I don't know. It's not as if I never played with DS.

My two legendary scouts got it as fifth trait during the update and I also unlocked it for my main warrior.

Problem is that my overwatch tactic almost always is tied to interrupt which means I don't think I ever have benefitted from the trait, even though I often use these survivors.
    I'm lost.

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,673
    @masmith93 , it's RNG so there's successes and failures. My 3 legs all had DS when 1.9 update happened but I did get what I consider are perfect traits for a hunter and shooter so to me it evened out. Is DS a bad trait? It's workable in outpost. I just don't have gear to support 3 assaults in outposts defense so I haven't had a chance to use it. The game has changed so that it's possible for players to build your "Perfect Survivor" but it's still RNG, that's why I say 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
    mongo911
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    7 of my 8 promoted survivors got one of the new traits and that one scout that didn't would have been better of with vigilant instead of iron skin.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,135
    snafu said:

7 of my 8 promoted survivors got one of the new traits and that one scout that didn't would have been better of with vigilant instead of iron skin.

Snafu?? Are you the @snafu i suspect?
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    @capibara probably not, I'm above suspicion :smile:
    capibaraInspTurbinesmongo911
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    Even Maury knows what's coming!
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    psychwolfTheLostOnesInspTurbines
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited October 2016
    I upgraded a epic warrior and got viligant. Yay.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesBorutoSgtSalami