Official NG Clarifications and Information

Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388

Official NG Clarifications and Information

Intent behind this post - This post is intended to be a resource for the community where players can find all of the official answers to issues, updates, traits, etc.

I’m starting with some of the most important, recent posts and will focus on updating any new information posted. I’ll do my best to keep this as current as possible, but I have a job, a life and a family, so please feel free to send me a message with any new information I may have missed.

Last Updated on 10/12/2016

Current Statements/Comments

I hear the challenge schedule is changing. What will the new schedule be?
Teeceezy said:As of next week (starting 10/19), challenges will be starting on Wednesdays at 15:00 PM UTC and ending on Mondays at 15:00 PM UTC.

Whats up with all these bodyshots my survivors are having on enemies?
Teeceezy said:Good catch @Intersolar and thanks for bringing this up in a constructive manner. :) There is indeed a bug in gear with the Bulletproof trait that causes its owners attacks to result in body shots more often. This will be fixed in the next update.

Will there be another ‘Increased chance of Epic/Legendary Survivor’ (ICEELS) event?

Shteevie said:The only reason we son't say 'never' is because we don't want to lie. In the rough planning for the next 6 months that we have done so far, we have come up with lots of things that are more interesting and more stimulating to the game economy than the ICELS event. It is my intention that we never do the event again, specifically because of this hoarding issue. If it does happen again, it will be more than half a year away and the decision will be made over my head. We even considered it as a one-day birthday event and I shot the idea down because I don't like eating hats. I would sell Michonne for a dollar before I suggested this event.

Spend your radios if you see a good deal.

When will we see another Trade Goods for Supplies event?
Shteevie said:The Supplies for TG exchange is only going to come back in those times between updates that give you something to do with supplies. It's not going to be either permanent, or weekly. Maybe every few months. We have mid-to-long term plans to give you something else to do with supplies at top levels, so those will get more priority as more players make it to max level.

Also...

Shteevie said:-The supplies -> TG will be something we use when the gaps between council upgrades are very long. We have one coming in not too long now, so it's not as necessary. If we need it again, I'm sure you will see it.

Limiting Repeatable Challenges
Shteevie said:We'll see more of the old challenges back after we have the chance to do the rework that is planned for the time just after 2.2. Until then, the repeatable challenges make those mission sets frustrating for some players who feel pressure to play them hundreds of times. I don't select the challenge sets, but I do know we look at the recent calendar to try not to make too many repeats

2.2 Statements/Comments

What can you tell us about 2.2 at this time?
Teeceezy said:
Coming in 2.2

*   New ways to get Hero tokens
   *   Council level 19 along with upgrades to multiple buildings
   *   Improved rewards for challenges
   *   Economy improvements including gas costs, XP tent production and high-level equipment upgrade times
   *   All-new Mission Hub where you find all the content & rewards you’re looking for
   *   Combat and trait rebalancing
   *   Improvements to Outposts maps and healing times
   *   Heroes with high unlock costs now unlock at a higher rarity
        - Players who have previously unlocked these heroes will get them upgraded to the new starting rarirty and any tokens used for pre-update upgrades
   *   Numerous under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes.

New hero in 2.2
Shteevie said:Is it too early to spoil a 2.2 feature?
There will be one new hero whom I think will make a big impact on the community, who will be unlocked through gameplay and not radios. We specifically selected them due to importance to the show and also so we could put in a leader trait that new and veteran players would find useful. Hopefully player opinion matches our hopes at least a little.
Oh, and I have an idea for boosting the value of the Radio Tower. I can't say what it is, but hopefully you will be more glad that you upgraded it once we get that modification in.

Wasted Gas
Shteevie said:You should never see a wasted gas reward after 2.2, so we have you covered there.

Luck and Dodge in 2.2
Shteevie said: We'll have more information as we near the launch of 2.2, but some things have already been said here. Luck and Dodge will be changed so that the 'super ninja Neo' strategy is not head and shoulders better than other possible strategies. We aren't changing the numbers on the traits, or the way that they stack if you have both a survivor and a weapon with the same trait, but the formulas in the game engine will change to bring the power level more in line with other possible strategies. Other changes and improvements are planned to be released at the same time, so there may be a period of figuring out how the new overall balance of different combinations.

It's our goal to make dodge and luck still great and worthwhile, but not to be the only setup that is as powerful as they are.

Building Upgrades
Shteevie said:Correct that the next council level won't include a TG or workshop upgrade.
In this context TG = Training Grounds (not Trade Goods). Also...

Shteevie said:As for council level stuff, I think the plan is to do 19 with 2.2 unless there is an issue there, but we won't do two at once. We have an opportunity to do more with 20+, partly because of the roundness of the number, and partly because of the amount of content that was originally designed when the game launched. I'd like to see more than just +1s for everything. I should probably start a thread for it and get suggestions and opinions from you all.

Stunned defenders in raid missions able to dodge ranged and melee attacks
Shteevie said:Yes, this change is coming in 2.2.
Teeceezy said:This is getting fixed in the next update @Eastwood2305.
Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

avelardezMizTymasmith93InspTurbinesggbatsMystiquergerkmanDLichhorrormatherskryptonixWahooDawgdeb1hdsoggybottomsJackBauerTeeceezyIntersolarLoewe1968MrsScattercushionAvalon8AndreaTheLostOnesDuckMadiKARAZIPKALIHopeless_wendy_SteeboonzosonJapes87NataNxyblynknzAngieMathesonPR0DJIllbrainerGovernatorCapletonJerryDixonJayZDaletembelFacooKillersZIvoSgtSalamiInvaderSlickRickDeadBeat[Deleted User]antSTODSYPowerUKBuckzzMarkreferee4MrSorrowFLWillAnimesh101xyzgespuer

Comments

• Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388
    Placeholder comment #1 as it turns out, each message only allows a certain number of characters and my original post is at that limit.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

Placeholder comment #2

Placeholder comment #3

Placeholder comment #4

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Comments on this post are not permitted. As such, any and all extra comments will be deleted.
    mongo911General_Painp_herianTop8dogpurfect247AllyssonClayton