When the guild leader goes missing....

It would be really nice if the officers could vote on removing the leader. We have a full guild, but the leader hasn't been around in months. It would be nice to have the option to remove them, rather than create an entirely new guild. Maybe even the option of a coleader that can remove an absent leader.
christpuncherblack_nines

Comments

• WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
    yhea would be nice, but only afther 3 weeks of inactivity or so, otherwise guilds could also vote to remove the current leader even if he is active.
  • WalkerballzWalkerballz Member Posts: 1,896
    One of you needs to start a guild and let your guildies know via in game chat so you can all leave the current guild and join the new one. That way you get to stay together
    Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, if you get bitten , just hate the bite! ....... Sly Stone
    Please join us
  • FedaraFedara Member Posts: 8
    I know that starting a new guild is an option, but not really the point. Being able to remove an inactive leader solves a problem, where recreating just bypasses it.
  • TBRaidersTBRaiders Member Posts: 22
    and the game already tracks last active time. If a leader isn't active for 2 weeks it should default leadership to someone else in the guild.
    SmuckymalcolmchristpuncherDanski_46
  • jeep277jeep277 Member Posts: 5
    I contacted the developers directly about this last month....was told to start a new Guild
  • WerewolfWerewolf Member Posts: 0
    I noticed suggestion has appeared before, but I didn't see anyone from Next Games saying "Yes what a lovely idea, let me put that on the roadmap right now" or "That's stupid bullcrap, it will never be implement no matter what, stop asking for it", so I'm setting up a whole thread.

I've joined and left several guilds recently, where the guild leader is long gone. Guildies will say the leader hasnt't been seen in months, and sometimes this is verified by the member page showing someone inactive for 100+ days, and the guild leader is listed below this person (so been inactive longer).

Perhaps there should be a mechanism for replacing a guild leader when they're obviously not around anymore (heck, someone in one of the threads suggested that maybe there should be a way to vote a GL out of power just whenever, but that's another discussion). Some games out there have a mechanism where there is a rank called "Champion" or something above Elder, and that guy can promote themselves to guild leader if the GL is inactive for 30 days or whatever. Obviously, in case the guild leader just up and quits without appointing a Champion, there should be a mechanism for Elders to pick a Champion. In other words, the guild rank system should be built so that no one person can deadlock the guild just by quitting. On the other hand, nobody wants to see guild coup d'etats, so maybe these mechanisms should be based on 2/3 majority or certain periods of inactivity or other mandatory "wait periods".
  • WolfhawkWolfhawk Member Posts: 19
    Vote up.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

Easy solution. Everyone leave guild and start another one.

in theory yes it's easy BUT for guildies that only communicate via the in game chat feature won't be able to find it. Imagine saying "I'm going to start a guild called Kill the Dead so once I leave search for it in 5 minutes and join"; then people can't find it because there's 100+ guilds with the same name so people get frustrated and join a random guild.

But for guilds that do use other non NML related apps to communicate, I agree leaving the guild and starting a new one is the way to go about this.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GovernatorRedEye52AudaciousCapybara69Gindy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    but an even easier solution is if the leader has been inactive for a month (or 2 weeks or something) there can be a mutiny (guild member vote via the game itself) to overwrite the leader.

Or just make it so an elder can kick a leader from the guild.

Having a guild build up of all those stars is frustrating to have to walk away from because the leader decided to go awol or retire w/o announcement before handing over the reigns of the guild.

Although leave the guild and start a new one is the only viable answer it shouldn't be one at all; there should be other ways to do this without this even being a though :(

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JayZCoOpGirl
  • Survivor6ixSurvivor6ix Member Posts: 131
    We had a similar issue. Thankfully our founding member bowed out like an adult and assigned a new leader. It's a shame others wouldn't respect peoples time put in.
    gespuerJadenRoosCoOpGirl
  • kongjiekongjie Member Posts: 13
    DLich said:

Easy solution. Everyone leave guild and start another one.

in theory yes it's easy BUT for guildies that only communicate via the in game chat feature won't be able to find it. Imagine saying "I'm going to start a guild called Kill the Dead so once I leave search for it in 5 minutes and join"; then people can't find it because there's 100+ guilds with the same name so people get frustrated and join a random guild.

But for guilds that do use other non NML related apps to communicate, I agree leaving the guild and starting a new one is the way to go about this.
    Yes, this is exactly what happened to my previous guild. We all agreed to leave and then presumably no one could find the newly formed guild--at least I couldn't, and so had to join another.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,577
    If NG could come up with a unique guild identifier, then finding the new guild would be easy. You just need someone to stay and communicate that because you have to leave the guild to start a new one. Currently, there's nothing convenient about starting up a new guild with your current guildies.
    WalkerballzReapers
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    If you have an elder in the guild, you can do everything a leader can except the advertisement and changing/updating the description. Since the guild chat is limited, I would recommend using a separate chat program. Our guild uses Slack and it's the best one so far. We've tried, FB, Line, and Groupme but Slack has everything you need. It's not a solution but a good work around.
    DLichnickc25WalkerballzT_12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    When we were about to start a new guild (because of an inactive guild leader) I made a new account and joined the old guild with that. Would be one way to help others find the new guild - will obiviously only work if you can find the old guild and if there is a free slot. So not ideal at all.

There should be another solution for that.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I agree that there should be a remove the leader option.
    It could be either
    - after a set period of inactivity the button becomes available. Maybe elders can select to be the leader, and if there are no elders, then anyone can
    - the button is always there and if a guild member presses it, the leader has to login with a set time (3 days?), and if not they will be removed from being the leader.
    CoOpGirlGindy
  • bucko69bucko69 Member Posts: 44
    Iam a guild leader and find it hard just to keep people playing got my same guys/gals playin top 10 bottom 10 just leachin it is frustrating as aleader
    Maverick1969Reapers
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    @bucko69 , if you are the leader and people are not performing. Give them the boot and start recruiting new players.
    Reapers
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    I would rather see people leave and start their own instead of high jacking someone else's guild.
    DLichReapersAeshur005
  • ShieldmaidenShieldmaiden Member Posts: 8
    I contacted the support team about this issue. They got back to me within 24 hours.

What do y'all think? What's the best and most realistic solution?

Here's what I said:

"We need to demote our inactive guild leader and replace him with an active elder to recruit more members. There are currently no easy workarounds and it's a recurring issue for guilds throughout the game. Can you solve this dilemma in a patch? See this thread on the conversation for some user ideas on fixes: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/21336/guild-leader-has-left-the-game"

Here's what they said: [COPY + PASTE]

"Hi Shieldmaiden,

"Thanks for reaching out to us!

"I'm sorry to hear that your guild leader isn't active in the game anymore. Unfortunately at the moment only the guild leader can promote another member to the leader position. For now you will either have to keep running your guild with an inactive leader or create a new guild and ask your members to move there.

"However, I understand that this causes some inconvenience and it would be useful to switch leadership in these situations. I directed your feedback to the development team so they can take it under consideration when planning future updates.

"Stay safe out there!"
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I agree with @DLich

We had a similar situation in my guild. Guild leader MIA for months. We finally decided to start a new guild and half the members never found us. The search function for guilds is just terrible. We even put some very specific info in the guild description. Unfortunately, it is the only option right now, but it's hardly viable. There really needs to be some way to fix it so many other players don't get screwed like we did.
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 160
    Our guild leader is inactive as well, would be nice to do a vote-kick.
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 160
    If a guild leader is inactive for 20-30 days they should automatically leave the group.
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    I can't figure out why guild leaders just up and quit playing without handing over leadership. I know I would if I wasn't going to play any more. That wasn't always an option in the game so I can understand why it happened before it was added, but why now? Every time you click on a players name it shows promote or if they are an elder promote to leader. It's not like you can miss it.
    1Ris
  • ReapersReapers Member Posts: 14
    I am a guild leader and think the simple solution would be to have a automatic demotion of leader if they are inactive after any challenge cycle and appoint the new leader on highest points after the challenge. That way even if the person made leader didn't want to be they can then nominate.
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    I'm a guild leader from day 1. I work a full time 50 hr week job and almost full time student at night. It can be very easy for time and life circumstances to cause you not to play. I've stepped down as leader and passed to a friend in my guild. When I had time he gave leader back. Unfortunately if I did not have a friend to give it to that I knew would give it back I don't think I would step down. I started the guild and did the legwork recruiting and if people are that unhappy they need to start their own guild. Just my opinion
    1Ris
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 575
    You want to run a guild?!? Then go start your own.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    If someone completely leaves the game and abandons his guild mates then he's not leading the guild anymore.

No one is talking about taking the leadership from someone who is still active.

But why force up to 19 people to start a new guild together (which due to the guild search function which is not good can be quite troublesome) instead of having the option to remove a dead account from the leader position?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    GindyCherokee_RoseWalkerballz