When the guild leader goes missing....

2»

Comments

• drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    Sometime someone needs to quit for a while due to life circumstances and if you give guild leadership up unless you know who your giving it to will give it back your screwed. If you started a guild you don't get to start another later if you decide to join back. If you don't like how the leader is create a new name and start your own guild rather than complain about someone else s. Then when life kicks you in the ass everybody can complain about you for not making a game a priority. As far as I know creating a guild is a one shot deal, if you give it up you don't get to create another
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    I think we are talking about different things here. If you just have to not play for a bit, I am sure you can talk to your guild mates and explain the situation to them (unless you had an accident or something and simply can't).

It is not the same as stopping to play the game forever (and there are people quitting forever) and just keeping you guild members hanging in thin air.

Also, as I have said, it is not so easy to create a new guild and get everyone to move there, even if they want to. The guild search function is mediocre at best and people might not find you.

I never heard of not being able to create another guild after you gave one up so I don't know wether that is true or not. But if a guild leader was removed from a guild he should be able to create another one if he came back. That way he wouldn't have the need to keep a guild that would be empty if the others made a new one.

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Cherokee_RoseDLich
  • ShieldmaidenShieldmaiden Member Posts: 8
    Another solution would be to have more than one guild leader OR to give elders recruiting privileges.

Stop getting your panties in a twist, ladies. We're all here for one reason: to have fun killing walkers.
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    zbot said:

If you have an elder in the guild, you can do everything a leader can except the advertisement and changing/updating the description. Since the guild chat is limited, I would recommend using a separate chat program. Our guild uses Slack and it's the best one so far. We've tried, FB, Line, and Groupme but Slack has everything you need. It's not a solution but a good work around.

*looks up slack* :smile:

I can't figure out why guild leaders just up and quit playing without handing over leadership. I know I would if I wasn't going to play any more. That wasn't always an option in the game so I can understand why it happened before it was added, but why now? Every time you click on a players name it shows promote or if they are an elder promote to leader. It's not like you can miss it.

People die or get ill...
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    ggbats
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    edited February 2017
    nickc25 said:

zbot said:

If you have an elder in the guild, you can do everything a leader can except the advertisement and changing/updating the description. Since the guild chat is limited, I would recommend using a separate chat program. Our guild uses Slack and it's the best one so far. We've tried, FB, Line, and Groupme but Slack has everything you need. It's not a solution but a good work around.

*looks up slack* :smile:

I can't figure out why guild leaders just up and quit playing without handing over leadership. I know I would if I wasn't going to play any more. That wasn't always an option in the game so I can understand why it happened before it was added, but why now? Every time you click on a players name it shows promote or if they are an elder promote to leader. It's not like you can miss it.

People die or get ill...
    @nickc25 Yes I agree that is what happens in some situations, but I highly doubt all inactive guild leaders have resulted from death or illness.

*edit Slack is awesome :smile:
    1Ris[Deleted User]
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    Been helping, running a guild that's really old, as old as DTP.

Helpful tips:
    1) Have a alternative way to contact your guild members. A separate chat program if possible.
    2) Elders should be people you trust. Get to know them first, bounce ideas off and see if it's someone you are willing to work with.
    3) Communication is the key, if a member has RL, let the others know.
    4) If it's not he guild you signed up for, let the guild know and most of the times the leaders and elders have contacts with other guilds and can help you find the right place. I personally want all our guild members to be happy, even if it means going somewhere else. Our guild isn't super competitive in terms of stars but have consistent top star earners, if they told me they want more of a challenge, I can refer them to other top guilds. I would rather have happy players than unhappy guild members.
    5) Respect and support the leader. It's not an easy job but the guild as a whole can make the role easier with communication and feedback.

Tip 1) is important since you can use that to coordinate if your leader has disappeared, you can start a new guild and transition.

Slack is really great, just play with it to get the settings right.
    Cherokee_RoseWalkerballz[Deleted User]Shieldmaiden
  • christpuncherchristpuncher Member Posts: 12
    We are in the same boat... Very frustrating!
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    edited February 2017
    Bump and merged
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 19
    Has anything changed on this? Our leader logs in every 7 days to get the rewards then goes offline for 7 days. Been going on 6 weeks now and she won’t reply.

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 132
    @RiotZappa you guys communicate other places? Like messenger or something. You guys should all Get together and just make a new guild. Leave her to her guild alone so when she logs In, she’s by herself lol. Least she could do is respond
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 19

@RiotZappa you guys communicate other places? Like messenger or something. You guys should all Get together and just make a new guild. Leave her to her guild alone so when she logs In, she’s by herself lol. Least she could do is respond

Yep we have done now, all got Group Me and we're starting a fresh one, annoying because she's logging in just being incredibly ignorant.

We get 2nd in Aus and about 12th in UK.

I know pal the not responding is so frustrating, cheers.