Changes to the Bruiser in update 1.5

TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
Hi everyone,

First off, all of us at Next Games would like to apologise for the lack of communication regarding the changes made to Bruisers. We dropped the ball on this and we’re sorry.

Secondly, although we constantly read the forums and consider your feedback, sometimes changes need to be made that affect the broader view of the game - even if it upsets some of you. In this case, the changes were necessary to maintain the overall balance of the game. We’re working on some great new features, and the current balance of the Bruisers simply couldn’t stay.

Again, we’re sorry this happened in the way it did.

In the future when we need to make some changes to the balancing we’ll communicate as early as we possibly can so that you aren’t taken by surprise.

Aside from this, we communicated some things that weren’t in the update:

- Full gas in the free bundle (this was in fact the full supplies)
- Scrap button - in fact this is coming in 1.6

Please use this thread to ask us any questions you need the answers to regarding these changes.

IMPORTANT EDIT: We have noticed that some of you are reporting no stun on walkers that are the same level as your survivor. THIS IS A BUG. If you have experienced this please immediately send a ticket to our support with the hashtag #TWDBruiserBug somewhere in the message. Thanks!

Comments

• TexasGrimReaperTexasGrimReaper Member Posts: 51
    Not happy. That's all I need to say.
    Taurick
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2016
    Many of us have noticed a huge increase of body shots from all class of survivor vs walkers at same level or within 2 lv of the survivor, this is another undocumented change that we hate.
    faith10101
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2016
    About balancing the Bruisers 100% auto stun within 3 level instead of removing it ?

If you keep the Bruiser like it is now, how about a way in the game to exchange our bruiser and bruiser gear for another class ?
    Taurickfaith10101
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    Lance said:

Many of us have noticed a huge increase of body shots from all class of survivor vs walkers at same level or within 2 lv of the survivor, this is another undocumented change that we hate.

There has been no changes to any other class of survivor. Only the Bruiser.
    faith10101
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Lance said:

The only change to body shot probabilities is that they now apply to the Bruiser's stun ability, as well.

The increased chances of body shots kick in at walkers +3 levels to your survivor. This applies to all classes and weapons.
  • falloutfallout Member Posts: 11
    thank you for fixing this stuff. It shows that you are more concerned about fixing a game, making an even playing field then just abusing the mentally weak who are dumb enough to give you unlimited access to their credit cards. A huge moral victory for TWD NML
    irishmobLanceTexasGrimReaperTaurickDanDuckw
  • irishmobirishmob Member Posts: 482
    @fallout I totally agree that it makes a more level playing field. Makes it more about strategy and not how much money you have.
    Taurick
    what is sad is that these top guilds have spent more money on this game in such a short time then most drug addicts spend on drugs. It's extremely sad.
    TexasGrimReaperTaurickBeastmode[Deleted User]
    @BigOleTDs I couldn't have said it better myself.
    faith10101
    edited January 2016
    oh stop it. The only people complaining are top guild players who abused using gold to get stars. Get over it, the rest of us have. The biggest problem is you guys. Had you kept doing what you're doing, the rest of the community will just dump the game and move on to the next one. I think they would rather lose you couple of losers willing to spend 1000$ to abuse star producution then have the other 100k + players leave because you made the playing field completely uneven and sucked the fun out of the game.

Hopefully now, soco disbands and the rest of us can go on with our lives. WastedDan's ego takes a massive blow. We are all winners here except for soco. I think the community can get over the fact you guys won't be playing/abusing the game anymore.
    TexasGrimReaperTaurickWeasel007irishmob[Deleted User]Jen
    @BigOleTDs to be frank, that door has always been open and will always be open. We aren't going to randomly start nerfing the game for no reason. You can be pretty sure that whenever we make changes to the game that we have considered a lot more variables than most players can see, and we don't act out of greed but the long term health of the game.
    Taurickirishmob[Deleted User]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    @TK-421 thank you for the explanations. And i hope that you will do what you said about telling us ahead of time if there is some changes that will happen and not as a surprise. Apology accepted if you do what you said..

• SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    @TK-421
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/8637#Comment_8637

Since y'all knowingly alienated your biggest spenders for the sake of balance, I withdraw my assumption that it was all about $$$.

I'm not at that top level so I don't really have an opinion if it was right or wrong, but it's certainly not the greedy move
    [Deleted User]
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @fallout , this is wrong on so many levels.

And before you put me in the same corner as the players you apparently dispise so much, I run a small guild somewhere down below in the rankings, but I take pride that I am high-ranking nationally, and without any exploits or money-dumping.

And I still don't like the changes that were made.

So, pls stop your childish generalizations, you are making a fool of yourself.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    @TK-421 is the comment above yours here from @fallout appropriate for these forums? Just wondering if you have time to address that issue. Comments like that are a detriment to this community.
    [Deleted User]

@TK-421 is the comment above yours here from @fallout appropriate for these forums? Just wondering if you have time to address that issue. Comments like that are a detriment to this community.

lol your tears are so salty. Go outside for a little bit and get back to grips with reality.
    DanDuckw
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Ok let's think about this what was just posted, if I'm reading it right they were nerfed to balance them for what's coming in the future, PVP maybe?

So if we go down that route in PVP yes bruisers would be OP but in most games (usually the better ones) you have two sets of code one for PVE & PVP it's nigh on impossible to have one system that balances for both of them.

If we turn back to PVE and look at this change and this isn't my opinion it is fact, you have created a ceiling on how far you can progress in the weekly challanges. You have removed the only strategic element from the game when tackling +4 and greater missions. You can't fight these with melee as one shot will kill you, you can't fight them with range as they take 3+ shots each and the resulting respawn of +4 walkers will get you. You have created a situation where all top players will reach this ceiling and there total stars per week will all be very similar to one another, you actually nerfed competition.

You've also taken the only fun aspect out of the weekly challanges as it takes an age to trudge through the low level mission to get to the challenging interesting fun part but now it's over in a couple of missions due to the ceiling you just put in place.

I would also like you tell us what your definition of the bruiser is now and how they are useful as why would you stun a equal to low lvl walker leaving it to come back and bite you in the arse when any of the other classes would kill it.

In fact I would like a clear definition of the whole melee system as melee is serious bad in this game which is odd for one main reason. In the walking dead universes both Comic and TV melee is the way to survive in the universes.

The way you would have us believe is that melee is strong vs armoured walkers but it's not your still better taking them down with ranged. Brian shot should kill a walker at any level for crying out loud it's a brain shot! Melee vs Fattys not possible as they stun, so then you go and introduce the games 1st new walker type to marginalise melee even more with the burners and now the bruiser change I mean seriously guys. I mean burners should also have a dice roll to check if you take burning damage not have it as 100%.

Changing subject to the body shots, there is defiantly a change across the board with all classes so it looks like whatever code you've introduced to bruisers is conflicting with other classes. Your coding appears pretty basic when it determines body shots, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't belive it takes into account distance or angles or anything it's simply based on a % roll.

End of the day it's your game and you can do what you want with it but remember a games only a game if people are playing it and I've seen games go down this route before and it doesn't end well I'm afraid.

Thanks for listening.

banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    TexasGrimReaperHeadhunterlunaran
    Putchuco said:

@fallout , this is wrong on so many levels.

And before you put me in the same corner as the players you apparently dispise so much, I run a small guild somewhere down below in the rankings, but I take pride that I am high-ranking nationally, and without any exploits or money-dumping.

And I still don't like the changes that were made.

So, pls stop your childish generalizations, you are making a fool of yourself.

thats my choice, please block me and ignore me, you have a choice not to listen and respond to what I write.
    TexasGrimReaper
    BigOleTDs said:

@TK-421 then why should any of us play it much less put our own $ into it? I have a handful of weapons and armor right now I'd like to upgrade as well as people? How do I know you're not going to significantly alter the playing field yet again by either reducing or improving another character class because you think its more "fair"?

This is what i'm trying to explain: balancing changes are not only likely, they will happen in the future. We are going to continue adding features to the game and balancing will occur. It's not going to happen every week, or even every month, but it will happen eventually. The one thing that will definitely improve is how we communicate these changes ahead of time. I can totally understand that you feel let down by this and all I can do is assure you that there will be no more surprises in the future.
    Jen
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @TK-421

I think it is silly to call the change a "balance" change when the game is a single player game. Did the Walkers complain it wasn't fair and they didn't have a chance at winning or something?

So what where you balancing exactly? You wanted to cap the number of stars people were getting?

You made a big change, didn't tell anyone, and in the same thread you also said there is a bug... It is impossible to know what are bugs and what is intentional.

This game might have jumped the shark with how poorly this was handled.

TexasGrimReaperHeadhunter
    TK-421 said:

We’re working on some great new features, and the current balance of the Bruisers simply couldn’t stay.

@Helio

• Weasel007Weasel007 Member Posts: 177
    edited January 2016
    It's not meant for you to go beyond 2-3 lvls past ur own lvl don't you guys understand that. Quit complaining you are only to get how high ur lvl is and that's that. Great balance to game, you spend at ur own choice and you all will continue to. so quit complaining and threatening when surely you will be back on tomorrow playing again.
    Quick question, @BigOleTDs - why so aggressive? You know, this one thing aside I think we've been more than open about changes in the past and we've consistently revealed information about upcoming features on a time scale way ahead of time. We've reacted very quickly to bugs every time there has been one. On this occasion we've dropped the ball, we've apologised and I think it's time for you to accept it or move on.

Please go and familiarise yourself with the guidelines of this forum. I would strongly suggest you take notice of them.
    irishmob[Deleted User]Lawdog
  • irishmobirishmob Member Posts: 482
    @TK-421 thanks for the bundle. Thanks for making the game competitive across the board. That aside you mentioned you guys dropped the ball on letting us know about upcoming updates. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. But please a heads up next time. Thanks again for making this game fun again.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    @TK-421 and @OldGoth Keep up the good work. Some people were surprised by the change. We just need to practice and learn how to use our bruisers. No big deal as far as I am concerned and will definitely level the playing field.

I call this "Learning Curb"!!! :smiley:

I love this game and think you are doing an amazing job.

Thank you!!!

Tammy (WeekOne)

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

[Deleted User]Jenirishmob
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Have to agree with Big, it's poor exploitable map design that is the issue not the bruisers. Easy out was to nerf bruisers instead of the long haul which was fix the maps.

TBH you could easily fix the exploit by just having the piles spawn more walkers so they can't all be stunned, it's not the best Soultion but is better than the cop out that was chosen.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    TexasGrimReaper[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.