Changes to the Bruiser in update 1.5

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,478
    @TK-421, you are concerned about @BigOleTDs tone but allow trolling posts on this thread? Wow, You can't understand why if a customer spends money buying your product and the product gets changed why they would be upset? I haven't spent any money but have spent my time which I consider as valuable on this game since the beginning and I'm upset about the change. As some have mentioned this game is more about strategy than anything and being able to take on higher level walkers by fully utilizing everything is part of the game. We are trying to survive. So when something gets nerfed without notice of course there will be complaints. Yes, it's your game but it takes time to experience the game fully to figure out strategy. With these changes the game turns more into a grind as a survivor class is eliminated from being useful. Here's a better suggestion eliminate bruisers completely that way we have no worries about getting them so we can't use them. There's nothing worse than getting a legendary that's a bruiser.
    TexasGrimReaper[Deleted User]
  • thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    @TK-421 Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see whats in the pipes.
    Currently <51st in Global Top Players
    [Deleted User]Jen
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    I notice in your examples that your only using 3 levels difference, I think you and everyone else using bruisers know that you were stunning walkers at a significantly higher level difference than that. There have been many posts in forum threads with pictures with 20+ level difference. It's absurd to think that was intended, or that it would last.
    To use only this mechanism as a strategy, and solely rely on it is not being "knowledgeable" or being a great player, it's just exploiting the mechanism and necessitated it's removal before the whole game devolved into 3 bruiser teams. You all cant say you didn't realise that it needed to be changed or that with you all touting how "great" a player you were because you employed this strategy that it wouldn't be changed.
    You didn't spend that money cause you love the game?? But because you wanted what?? Notoriety and to be on top of a meaningless leaderboard where you paid to get there?
    Obviously you all did since there's been quite a few posts about spending so much money in the game and crying about just one character... Shame on you! Respect the whole community, the Devs and show a little class. Lose the inflated egos and as you've said in many other posts play the game wiithin the rules.
    thecolty[Deleted User]JenFelecia
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Necro the problem was on a few select maps, it's not like you do this this on every map of every challenge.

Changing a whole class based on problems created by a few poorly designed maps is just wrong.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    SenoiaSurvivor
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    zbot said:

@TK-421, you are concerned about @BigOleTDs tone but allow trolling posts on this thread?

One user has already been banned for trolling behaviour and while @BigOleTDs isn't banned, I have decided to let him have the weekend to cool down. We absolutely understand that many of you are pissed off about the changes and we will absolutely do our best to put this right, just as we have done on previous occasions and will continue to do in the future.

Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated on this forum, you will have fun here whether you like it or not.
    thecoltyStrikeForceTwoSenoiaSurvivor
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    There is one solution for people against the changes as it altered the dynamics and fun of this game in a dramatic way - refund. It's capitalism right? I am voting with my wallet plain and simple. If next games can take the swarm of refunds, more power to them. And by the way I am breaking 300 stars without bruisers so what next are you going to balance so that idiots can feel OK it's a lvl playing field than the use of intelligence and strategy?
    Flint007
  • JenJen Member Posts: 74
    @TK-421 Thank you for addressing balance in the game and for the apology for the lack of communication about the change. I would also suggest for better balance that you wait to integrate these updates until guild challenges are completed. Or, conversely, suspend guild play until the update is complete if delay in implementation is not possible.

To those who are continually spamming the forum with tantrums,

You've made your opinion clear. Continually spamming these forums is not helping or bettering the game. It was quite obvious that bruisers were not intended to function the way you were using them. Furthermore, NG clearly isn't going to change based on your opinion and your spamming is interfering with NG ability to get communication about actual bugs. Get over it, move on, or leave the game with a refund for your expenses.

Respectfully,
    The other thousands of people who play this game
    <b class="Bold">Jenny (Ullr)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]</b>

<blockquote class="Quote"><b class="Bold"> elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS </b></blockquote>
    thecolty[Deleted User]TransmuteJun
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Exactly if it was only a few maps each challenge than it should not have taken away that much from everyone's game - all these players saying it's ruined their whole game experience and team setup is outrageous for just a "couple" maps. And it wasn't just the maps, I'm sure it was never intended for a class to ALWAYS get a guaranteed stun on zombies 5+, 10+, 20+ their level. Every experienced player knows that this needed to be addressed, changed, and that it would be. Regardless of how it was handled it was due.

There's been way too much negative feedback from this change from just a FEW people. I'm in a top 10 guild and it affected us 0, if it's going to affect the rest of the top 10 that much then it definitely needed to be addressed.
    Jen
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    @Jen - thanks for the feedback! We will indeed consider these things for future releases. Unfortunately we can't release on the weekend (people have families!) and we try to keep disruption during events to an absolute minimum.
  • Jen said:

@TK-421 Thank you for addressing balance in the game and for the apology for the lack of communication about the change. I would also suggest for better balance that you wait to integrate these updates until guild challenges are completed. Or, conversely, suspend guild play until the update is complete if delay in implementation is not possible.

To those who are continually spamming the forum with tantrums,

You've made your opinion clear. Continually spamming these forums is not helping or bettering the game. It was quite obvious that bruisers were not intended to function the way you were using them. Furthermore, NG clearly isn't going to change based on your opinion and your spamming is interfering with NG ability to get communication about actual bugs. Get over it, move on, or leave the game with a refund for your expenses.

Respectfully,

The other thousands of people who play this game

Well said @Jen ... I am one of the thousands who love to play this game!!! <3

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

• TK-421 said:

TK-421 said:

We’re working on some great new features, and the current balance of the Bruisers simply couldn’t stay.

It may be a good idea to take a wait and see approach to this whole matter. We have no idea what the promised new features are and since we have all so thourally enjoyed the game thus far it only seems reasonable to give the creative minds that created it for us another chance to make a favorable impression. Okay so now the bruiser stun trait can no longer be exploited, this doesn't mean that the bruiser class will not ever be useful, it just means player strategies invovling them must change and that game interaction concerning them has the potential to become more hospitable in the future. Everyone complaining about the changes made that prevents this exploit is losing track of the fact the stagnation will kill this game even faster. And I'm sorry but imho dumping more spawn in rooms so that there are too many to stun is not a viable solution because it will punish all the players who were not playing the game in the same fashion and ruin most players chances of clearing a room successfully instead of challenging the few who found and used the exploit to come up with different strategies. So why not just put the bruisers on the back burners and develope other A-teams that do not include them for now and move forward from there?
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    TK-421 said:

@Jen - thanks for the feedback! We will indeed consider these things for future releases. Unfortunately we can't release on the weekend (people have families!) and we try to keep disruption during events to an absolute minimum.

Change the challenge so it doesn't run weekend to weekend then again another simple solution.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    TexasGrimReaper
    @Poppy I like your idea. I personally would prefer the challenge to include the entire weekend and maybe take Monday or Tuesday off instead. @TK-421 This might help with your "weekend work" problem and allow everyone to be back in the office for implementation, plus you'd have a whole week of full-staff to fix issues and bugs from the update.

<blockquote class="Quote"><b class="Bold"> elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS </b></blockquote>
    TexasGrimReaper
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    What is the definition of a great player? Number of body shots is random, so is critical and dodge. Luck is the big factor not strategy. You can have whatever strategy it means nothing without lucky moves. Is the greatest player also the luckiest?
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    TexasGrimReaper
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    It makes a lot of sense to have the 'down' day be Monday.
    Challenge runs through the weekend.
    Dev's get to release at the beginning of the work week.
    New content available at the start of the week DURING the down day.
    Entire work week to iron stuff out.
    TexasGrimReaperJen
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    To drown out dissent and differing opinions is undemocratic to the discourse. Use of effective bruiser stuns by higher lvl people can be viewed negatively or positively. To each his own. To nerf the bruisers this way, makes them a useless class right now. Sorry for the people who have invested time and gold to upgrade gear and bruisers. What next? Do you expect them to take this and ask for more? There is also perhaps a large economic incentive for ng, bruisers can't hold chokepoints anymore to farm so that people will be more apt to spend money for upgrades. Yes I do see your viewpoint. Excellent balancing.
    TexasGrimReaperFlint007
  • TRoseTRose Member Posts: 19
    @TK-421 Well done sir!

As you well know, for every BigOleBaby on here whining more than my little sister, there are thousands of very happy players excited about the changes coming! I appreciate the explanation, and all your hard work! A BIG Thank You to the entire NG team! ❤️
    [Deleted User]TexasGrimReaperJenTransmuteJunKeepGen
  • TRose said:

@TK-421 Well done sir!

there are thousands of very happy players excited about the changes coming! I appreciate the explanation, and all your hard work! A BIG Thank You to the entire NG team! ❤️

I couldn't agree with you more!!! <3

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

TRose
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    edited January 2016
    @TK-421 , @OldGoth quick question. I see you edited the initial post about bruiser stun on same level walkers being a bug.

For clarity, and hopefully a bit of reason as oldgoth comments further down about body shots etc, can you confirm, that a bruiser will only start getting body shots and thus no stun, on walkers +4 from their level, anything under that they should not ever get a body shot? so a lev 13 bruiser should always be able to stun a normal level 16 Walker, but not a level 17? Or if it something different please confirm.

Wanted to be clear as may help stop some the hostilities if we can be clear how it should be working and thus can correctly report as bug as requested.

I know you guys are taking a lot heat here, and I appreciate you've acknowledged the issue, you really tried to do something good here with the bundle very appreciated, it was just let down by the communication, so thank you for taking the time to answer the questions I hope you will answer mine above.

All I ask is for betterwarning and advanced communication on how things will happen and when, of course if your balancing something in next release as much notice as possible even if you don't have fulldetails, but advance notice of when your next maintenance will be would be great.

Even better would be if you can pop up a splash screen in game like you do for the bundles offers, saying maintenance next sat 16th at 8-12 get.

Everyone makes mistakes, and it's just important in lifetime put your hands up and learn from them.

Thank you.
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I don't play the stars part much and haven't noticed any difference, but I'm a F2P player.
    The only thing that disappointed me (so far) on the update was that my food storage was nearly maxed - collecting for training ground upgrade - so I gained hardly any of the food gift.
    If I'd have known it was coming, I'd have emptied my storage out by upgrading something else first.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • StrikeForceTwoStrikeForceTwo Member Posts: 37
    @TK-421 "behavior will not be tolerated on this forum, you will have fun here whether you like it or not."

LOL , I cracked up when I read that. Touch of humor is good, everyone needs to smile more.

I do completely understand why people are upset. They feel like something they paid for with money, or time staring at videos of Arnold Schwarzenegger, had their value significantly reduced without warning. They have a right to be a bit put off by this. And they have the right to be upset by the failure in communication by Next Games, no doubt.

They have apologized for this failure and had promised much better communication ahead of time in the future. I personally accept that and am moving on.

Even though I understand completely why people feel like the value of something they paid for was decreased, I personally don't think it greatly affects my game or my ability to use my bruisers. I just completed a mission with level 18 walkers and didn't have a single body shot. One with level 19 walkers and only had 1 body shot. I'm guessing the odds go up significantly at level 20 and that is the range it will have the greatest affect on the bruiser's body shot percentage. If that's the case I'm cool with it.

I'm okay with this even though I have 3 Legendary level 15 trained bruisers with fully trained weapons and armor for each. I'm also okay with this even though I've broken my game twice from scoring so many stars on a mission while using 3 bruisers against level 20 zombies. Twice they said that they were sorry, that I hit levels they never anticipated being reached at this time, and twice they worked to fix my account immediately. Even contacting people off on the weekends to help address it. Safe to say that I have spent a fair amount on my team, that I have use this trait to earn more stars than anyone in the game, and that this might affect my team and my style of play more than a lot of players. With all of that, I'm still okay with it. I don't feel cheated or wronged by Next Games in any way.

I love the game. Want it to be around for a long time and want them to not be scared to make decisions they feel will help keep it around for a long time. All I would like is more communication ahead of time next time. We had a few players loose survivors in a deadly mission because they were unaware the trait changed after update and got a body shot at the wrong time. The staff has guaranteed better communication regarding changes ahead of time in the future so I'm satisfied. Until they develop a pattern of poor communication surrounding changes I personally am not going to get up in arms about it. People and businesses make mistakes sometimes. I think if someone or a business can admit their fault and work to fix the mistake in the future then they deserve to be given a break.

Just all my own personal opinion though. I don't think anyone is wrong for having negative feelings about it or for having a different opinion than I do about it.

I want less dialogue about this from the game and some more clues about what this "Outpost" is gonna be.
    TexasGrimReaper[Deleted User]thecolty
  • TexasGrimReaperTexasGrimReaper Member Posts: 51
    @TK-421 @OldGoth @Teeceezy can you find out if using a baseball bat with a bruiser is an automatic stun? I only ask because when loading the game I always see the tip : Using a baseball bat stuns walkers. If that's not the case, you all might want to address that loading tip so there is no confusion also. Thanks
    KeepGen
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,478
    @TK-421, is this fix because you will be fixing the silver and gold trait for concussion? If it is this makes some sense.
    TexasGrimReaper
  • RavenDKRavenDK Member Posts: 12
    The fact that so few people decide to rage because of this small decision, only makes the decision even more justified - because that only justifies the change even more.
    Just because a very small fragment of the entire community has found a way to exploit a feature the game, it doesnt makes it right since its not intended when only so few people are aware of it.

The game is about learning tactics, using each classes abilities to its fullest and mix those classes to make an A-team. Not finding one ability and abuse to a point where it becomes an exploit that gives an edge over those who play the game in the it is meant to be played

TexasGrimReaperJen[Deleted User]
    @TWD2
    You say you score 300+ without using the bruiser exploit. To that I would respond with a quote from William Shakespeare.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

thecolty
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    @Jen Thank you, made my day.

And I doubt 300* and the refund...don't feed the troll ;)
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    Jen
  • schmulsschmuls Member Posts: 46
    I didnt read all posts here but i guess we will get some kind of PvP soon. Thats why they nerfed the bruiser. Otherwise a team with 3 bruiser would rock every PvP match...
    Jen
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    @TK-421
    My big respect for keeping so cool! This aggressive way of communicating is annoying.
    Iam very happy with your work. And i love how you react on feedback.
    Think my guild mates are happy too, please continue your great work.
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
  • ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    @TK-421
    Thanks for the apology and for recognising this.

May it however be an idea like @zoson said to have the updates on monday? May not be ideal, but by that time no one Will have his maximum amount of stars and the nerf Will affect everyone at an equal level. Instead of only the people who aren't done with the Challenge yet.
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    Jen
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I agree with a shift of the timetable for the weekly challenge, ending Sunday, effectively turning Monday into the day off. That would allow for updates early on during the challenge, love it. Good idea.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    Jen
This discussion has been closed.