Out post imbalance

Please forgive me if I am repeating previous threads but I don't use the forum very often and am of that age whereby social media is a foreign topic.
I am finding outposts more and more imbalanced against my survivors. I use a shooter leg 19 with level 22 equipment, Hunter leg level 19 with 22 equipment and assault leg level 19 with 22 equipment. I take 3 hits and am dead yet I can shoot the defenders all day and nothing happens. It's costing me a fortune in buying gold to visit the bloody NHS. Other than booper what else can I Try?
I am only on gold tier 1 with about 4300 influence.
MizTy

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    I've always use my Assault & Bruiser to stun the defenders, if I can't stun all of them in the first turn then I just end the raid & search for another one to raid.
    Those Dodge & Bullet Dodge trigger too frequent makes you wonder if their % is way more than 60%-65%, it's like they actually are nearly 100%.
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Hussar Drop your inluence. Or use cover as defenders prolly do. And charge your assault and/or take bruiser, so you can stun those most annoying defenders(unless they have 75% stun resist and double 15% luck).
    I dont get you ppl. If you need influence for something, it is 3k(TG shop 30 tokens deals). Getting anywhere over that is IMO nonsense, as you get just extra 1k TGs(for 4k influence tier) and for raiding, you have much harder oponents. Not worthy doing that.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Go in and stun the defenders with assaults
    If if looks like the fight is going to go bad, hit the complete button and find another outpost to raid
  • HussarHussar Member Posts: 22
    I do try to stun but they are all stun resistant. They dodge everything, or sometimes keeps saying critical attack but nothing happens. I win less than 50% of raids. It wasn't too bad till I got to gold tier 1. My survivors have a couple of upgrades outstanding so perhaps that is the difference, I don't know.
    Thanks for the advise guys, cheers.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I don't attack the defenders
    I take the tg's and leave

Why do you need to attack the defenders?
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    The best advice you got was from gladi---drop your influence slightly and try again.

Don't forget your melee survivors.
    MizTy
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 385
    Not sure how outpost matchmaking is exactly working currently and how much dropping influence actually helps, as some fixes were made to it couple of weeks ago and it is no longer completely based on influence level.

19 lvl team with 22 lvl gear is only useful for raidjng higher level outposts when having proper traits as 2x golden luck, bullet dodge, bullet proof etc.

As adviced earlier in this thread, drop your influence, use scout to pick up tg chest and/or use assault to stun defenders and "complete" mission if they dodge or resist (before they get turn to shoot back). And get optimal traits.

Myself waiting for 2.2 before raiding again...
    MizTy
  • 8900rpm8900rpm Member Posts: 113
    You should also bring a scout and position him/her closest to the TG chest. Have another survivor open the door, dash in to get the TG and complete your mission. The defenders do not have overwatch on the first turn so the scout will not be hit. This all goes out the window on the double sandbag, rural field, map. Just complete and avoid getting hurt.
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2016
    Yep, there are a few buzz saws in gold tier 2. Ran into one that each defender had a purple star. I'm content to stay where I'm at because the hospital time doesn't justify what little trade goods I would get if I moved up a tier.

Now, if in the next release they do something to hospital times and cost...well that just might be horse of a different color. Like how about using trade goods in lieu of gold.
    MizTy
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    @Hussar
    I don't know if you've seen this in other threads, but there is currently a glitch with our survivors wearing Bulletproof gear. If you are wearing that, you have a MUCH higher chance of shooting bodyshots against your enemies. If that's happening to you a lot, check your gear setup. Otherwise, the rest of the advice here is good.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I flee about every fight that seems to possibly hurt me. And even then I still get hurt sometimes. In the process I have dropped a lot. Been anywhere from 300 inf to 2800 inf and all the same: some easy, some way stronger. So I guess influence doesn't matter in respect to hard/easy. There's a mix at all highly populated levels.