Update 2.2 Discussion Thread (Combat Rebalancing)

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @Ovidmikel,
    But if I didn't have a dodge. I use to get 45%. If i didnt have a luck, I would have 45%.
    Not there is a massive difference of 34.5 to 19.5%.
  • FourthstormFourthstorm Member Posts: 25
    So here i am. all heroes with 100% interrupt weapons equipped.
    Doing XP missions on hard (ty NG, great alternative!).

hmm, my heroes getting hit by lvl23 walkers. And I see the text lighting up: interrupt avoided.
    Never noticed this before. New walker ability?
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @blynknz OH I totally agree a massive difference lol no argument there .
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,384
    @decado , thanks for the constructive feedback. There's a new trait, piercing: reduces the change that your attacks will result in body shots by X %. That may help with not getting body shots.

P.S. are you a David Gemmell fan?

@Fourthstorm OH no better they NERFED INTERUPT now you MIGHT interupt 30% of this time MIGHT
  • TheCrabTheCrab Member Posts: 88
    No, they just nerfed interrupt trait
    IGN : TheCrab
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : Mavericks NOC
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,384
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    So armored walkers can't be interrupted*. Even a level 1 armored walker can't not be interrupted (yes, they would be killed but still).
    Doesn't seem to make sense.

*Unless you use the piercing trait.
    And a question. Does the peircing trait only help against armored walkers, or is it against all walkers.
    And if it is against all walkers, what about those over Level +3
    mihaitopirceanupurfect247
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    @blynknz no one knows how the piercing trait works because it's not in the update notes. Maybe someone has found it on a useful piece of equipment that they upgraded and battle outpost armored with who can properly explain its function.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Shteevie said:

@BarcodeJ
    We want you to level up more than 1 or 2 teams worth of survivors - which you can do for free.
    We want you to experiment with different builds and not throw out any gear without one specific trait - which you can do for free.
    We want you to have to put thought into play, and not rely on guaranteed risk-free tactics to proceed - which you can do for free.

Nothing in this update or the last was made with the express purpose to somehow 'force' players to spend money.

OMG,.. Have you tried ever to upgrade a lvl 9 survivor from two stars to 6,.. Do the math,.. Ain't no way your doing that with the random token drops,.. Random calls and the fact it takes a mortgage to upgrade past 5 stars,...
    Bo y'all really believe your own bs?
    purfect247PowerUK
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    blynknz said:

I also don't like the additional nerfing of bruisers.
    Changing the concussion trait to only having a chance of working.
    It should have been +1 stun round, then an additional chance of stunning another round

Many of us bought Morgan's staff for that reason, now it's another thing that's a waste of money
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    Top8dogblynknzFragzie
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2016
    So Whats the offcial iinterupt rate that gold is supposed to give now then and does luck still influence it to as my small sample im getting like a 30 success which is bloody stupid.

If its going to be like this they seriously need to rebalance every single map with the amount of walkers they have as interupt was the only way to keep them off you, they just charge through now and decimate your team.

Im all for it not been 100% as nothing should be 100% but like i say around 30% makes it worthless.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    @DLich I agree that only counting luck from one source would have been so much better than this. You know what would have been a REALLY easy fix for NG instead of this percent of a percent crap? If they just nerfed luck in the traditional sense and straight up reduced the percentages without changing the mechanics.

Even if they nerfed luck and made it 1/3 as effective as it previously was (e.g., gold luck on a weapon dropped from 15% to 5% and level 5 luck on a survivor dropped from 15% to 5%), that still would have been significantly better than this...
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    RedEye52
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @nickc25 Did you notice Daryl now has 2 leadership traits? That might be why he interrupts more because of the second trait increased critical.
    nickc25jamminpurfect247RedEye52
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    blynknz said:

I also don't like the additional nerfing of bruisers.
    Changing the concussion trait to only having a chance of working.
    It should have been +1 stun round, then an additional chance of stunning another round

I agree with the changing of Concussion. I actually used Bruisers in certain situation because they could keep walkers off my team. Now...eh, who knows, throw up the RNG and hope it works.

The only reason I can gather based upon responses in the two 2.2 threads is that NG does not want to see a base 100% chance of anything occurring. That we, as players, must be slaves to the RNG. For some things, sure, I can see that. For everything, that isn't Luck adjusted, it makes me question why I would play a game in which a large majority of the abilities I wish to use are not guaranteed to work.

@Shteevie

To apply an analogy from a game you and I have in common, how would M:TG work if there was a RNG percent to tap for mana? You may get it, you may not. How about when one taps a creature to attack, there is only a possibility for it to do so, but you won't know till after you commit to the attack? How incredibly frustrating would either of these be? Or worse yet, both?

The weaker classes (bruisers and scouts) shouldn't have been adjusted, IMO, in an attempt to make them more viable and bring them more in line with the other classes.

I really don't care about the Interrupt nerf as I seldom used it. The Hunter Bore nerf I roll my eyes at, just like the range nerf a couple months ago. As I said back then, what makes Hunters overpowered is their ability to go through multiple walkers at the large damage amount. Adjust that, not the peripherals to bring Hunters back to the pack.

Overall, this update is much like the past three, a few good things, but much more disappointment.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    srmcn1031purfect247RedEye52
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    *mind blown*
    Top8dog
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    Gold stun resist is 75%. Having gold luck on a weapon and Lvl 3 10% (rare quality) survivor with luck was 100% chance to interrupt.

Now that same gold stun resist, gold luck and Lvl 3 10% luck on survivor nets 93.75%

Effectively to be 100% stun resistant now you'd need gold stun resistant, gold luck on a weapon and a 9 star survivor.

Lots of tokens to achieve the same effect.

Interrupt usbt quite as bad BUT it's no longer guaranteed which is frustrating when builds are made around it.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Top8dogpurfect247
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie

Does critical have any impact at all on body shots? I read about how critical can mitigate a dodge, turning it into a regular attack... but is there any impact on that critical has on body shots?
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

edited October 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 10/18/16 2:11 pm

@Ovidmikel , please read the rules found <a href="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16495/forum-rules-guidelines-amended-10-16">here</a>.

Don't Be Toxic. We will not tolerate rudeness, abuse, harassment or trolling of any kind and will take immediate action when necessary. Any abuse towards staff or moderators of this forum will absolutely not be tolerated.

Treat fellow forum members with respect. This means no:
    - Flaming
    No verbal attacking of other players
    - Trolling
    Don’t provoke your fellow forum users.

Keep your posts constructive. If you have a beef with the developers, don't be a jerk about it. Say your piece and move on.

This is a warning, further disregard for the rules will result in loss of forum privileges.