Update 2.2 Discussion Thread (Combat Rebalancing)

Comments

• SebiSebi Posts: 146
    edited October 2016
    Mod edit: look at the rules; "say your piece, don't be a jerk about it".

Keep it constructive. Threats, really?
    OvidmikelGrimGael
    Lol.That was no threat. Just saying that most will realize what you've done and react.just said it în a colorful way.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @srmcn1031
    I do believe it's intended to help with stopping Repeatable Maps in Challenges!!
    & I Think they're just trying to make gameplay fair for everyone...
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    GrimGaelPapacasDrBOBblynknzFragzie[Deleted User]MizTy
    Yep.Conquer forever.
    By the way.Guild and challange dont work. Good job!
    1Ris
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @rgerkman well that isvagain levelling players per inferiors limits, wouldn't you say? I do not think it addresses fairness but that's my view
    Top8dog
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Great, my lvl 19 team is bodyshotting lvl 3 walkers. Luckily 800+ damage is enough to take them down.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    edited October 2016
    [mod edit] Unfounded assumptions & accusations, just trying to bash the developers. Check the rules if you need a refresher. Totally not constructive.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Thanks @OneLessTitan :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    TheLostOnes
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Thanks @Shteevie , so basically Piercing is now the only weapon trait that has a chance of working in every potential scenario?

Sorry @rgerkman ... had to do it on your last post...lol!!
    rgerkmanTheSittingDuck
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,548
    edited October 2016
    I read in this thread that @Shteevie said crit chance doesn't increase the potential to not get body shots. But somewhere else on the forum a few weeks ago you wrote something about we should be on the lookout for gear that had crit chance.

If crit chance doesn't have anything to do with body shots then what was the point of that post a few weeks ago?

It was cryptic at the time I can I can find it if I search hard enough but trying to figure out the correlation between your past statement since it's got nothing to do with interrupt and body shots. The comment can be found here : http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/132036#Comment_132036

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    OneLessTitan
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Crit chance negates the effect of bullet dodge, only helpful in outposts.
    jimmorrison369
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited October 2016
    snafu said:

Crit chance negates the effect of bullet dodge, only helpful in outposts.

And normal dodge, too.
    It then becomes a non-critical hit!
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @DLich
    I was alluding to the new interaction between crits and dodge. Crit chance will help against dodgy defenders in Outpost. It will also help take down walkers when you don't get a body shot.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,548
    @Shteevie OIC...

So if i do a non critical hit on a person whom dodges then they dodge it

and if I do a critical hit on a person whom dodges then they don't dodge it but rather it gets a regular non critical hit damage to them.

This strategy is ideally meant for outposts, because walkers can't dodge and neither can saviors (I think).

Still stinks that 15% crit and 15% luck on survivor and 15% luck on weapon no longer give 45% crit chance but rather only 19.5% now but that's for a different discussion.

I'll have to look out when I play outposts if I see that take place (where it says critical hit and shows a regular amount of damage)

Thanks for the clarification shteevie!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    @DLich
    You are quite welcome.
    I don't have the numbers in front of me, but survivors have an innate crit rate that changes based on the target's level relative to your own. Traits that increase crit are added to that base crit chance. So the final crit rate is higher than you state above.

Hope that helps.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    OneLessTitan
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Shteevie - once the Walker level is 4 levels above your survivor, is the innate crit chance something like -50%?? Since body shots are 100% at this level difference for 5 star survivors or below (I haven't tested this with my only 6 star), this seems to be the case as it can't be 0% or we would still get an occasional critical shot against walkers 4 or more levels above our survivors with gold Accurate weapon trait. Thanks!!
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    DLich said:

@Shteevie OIC...
    Still stinks that 15% crit and 15% luck on survivor and 15% luck on weapon no longer give 45% crit chance but rather only 19.5% now but that's for a different discussion.

It actually is the same discussion imo.
    Critical hits have been nerfed.

Now there is less dodge and less critical hits.
    So it isn't really a good idea to suggest investing in critical hits.
    DLich
    @OneLessTitan
    Once you are fighting level+4 walkers, you are meant to be having a hard time. 100% body shots would equate to no chance for crits. We won't be releasing the full algorithm, but your assumption is not far from the practical reality.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Null. See, I can't even anymore.
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 374
    Just a thought. With all the balancing going on I think consideration should be focused on balancing out the frequency of those high level walker body shots. It was hard before to take on a +5 level fattie. Now I feel it's been made near impossible when my survivors are doing a fraction of damage they should. The walkers attack doesn't get nerfed when you are five levels above them. A level one fattie can stun you no matter what level you are yet we can't in return and its not like they are lacking health vs level. Balance works both ways.
    SebiRedEye52
    @boosh
    Thanks for the thoughts. This is something have been thinking of using, if we see that it is needed. It's hard to know how well the new balance is achieved if we change both sides of the test at once. Seeking balance does mean a mix of changes, and we are always going to look to make things better in the long run.
    booshRedEye52
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 374
    @Shteevie Thanks your for your acknowledgement. I know there has been a lot of negativity so soon surrounding these changes but personally I'm rationalizing in hopes they will end with a greater good. Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights definitely makes a left.. Hopefully soon we will all end up on the same page.
    DLichRedEye52Verbaub