Level 20 gear from legendary crate

BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
Does anyone get level 20 gear from legendary crate yet? My player level is at 56 and I just opened up the legendary crate but pulled level 19 gear! Why? Does your player level has to be at 57 to be able to pull level 20 gear? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
@Teeceezy, @Shteevie any input on this?

PS - So far I upgraded council and training ground only.
DeadBeat

Comments

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited October 2016
    @Japes87 got a level 20 from legendary crate yesterday. Not sure if he increased his player level beyond 55...don't think he did, but I didn't ask him.

Edit: just looked at his screenshot, and he was level 55.
    BorutoJapes87DeadBeat
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    edited October 2016
    There is speculation that the legendary gear crate level is tied to the level of your highest survivor (not the highest survivor of a class that can use a specific item). Meaning if you only have one lvl 20 survivor, let's say a bruiser, all of the gear you pull from a legendary crate (regardless of survivor class) will be level 20.

I can't confirm this because I can't play the game at work (ports blocked on our network) so don't shoot me if this isn't correct, but it's what I'm hearing. I would love to hear confirmation (or denial if this is wrong).
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

ggbatsBorutoMizTyNataNxy
    @Bill_ZRT - I think this has to be wrong for crates from the TG store as the example above was player level 55, so no level 20 survivors. It's probably still tied to player/camp level, but only level 20 leg gear isn't guaranteed until player level 58 (which may not be possible yet)
    BorutoJapes87
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Player level 53 here...got 3 legendary items level 20 yesterday.

Only pity is...I need level 19 stuff, because it will take some time to train my first survivor to level 20 :neutral:
    BorutoOneLessTitan
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    Thanks guys. I already have 2 level 20 survivors (shooter, hunter) before I opened up the leg crate. And the gear I pulled was level 19 shooter armor.
    Thanks @Boruto - seems that it can't be tied to the survivor level then since you had a shooter at 20 and the shooter armor you got was 19. Looking like @OneLessTitan must be right about it being tied to player (not survivor) level and that we're seeing some RNG here is terms of player level 53 people getting lvl 20 gear and player level 56 getting lvl 19 gear.

Unless they're some other unknown variable. @Teeceezy @Shteevie, can you clarify what determines whether a legendary crate purchased for Trade Goods will yield a level 19 or level 20 item? Thanks!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

Boruto
    Boruto said:

Thanks guys. I already have 2 level 20 survivors (shooter, hunter) before I opened up the leg crate. And the gear I pulled was level 19 shooter armor.

LOL...exactly what what I need...

We need a swopping option :smiley:
    BorutoMizTy
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Bill_ZRT said:

Thanks @Boruto - seems that it can't be tied to the survivor level then since you had a shooter at 20 and the shooter armor you got was 19. Looking like @OneLessTitan must be right about it being tied to player (not survivor) level and that we're seeing some RNG here is terms of player level 53 people getting lvl 20 gear and player level 56 getting lvl 19 gear.

Unless they're some other unknown variable. @Teeceezy @Shteevie, can you clarify what determines whether a legendary crate purchased for Trade Goods will yield a level 19 or level 20 item? Thanks!

-No change to the formulae or the tables for this feature. It should work exactly as it did before the update. Looks like other folks are getting Level 20 stuff from theirs, so I hope you do, too.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    BorutoDangerB
    There used to be a "formula" for determing equipment from the trade good crates.

The gear levels would increase every 3 player levels. Before they removed level 20 gear (a couple months ago, before they reintroduced level 20 gear back into challenge missions a month or two ago). Here's how the formula used to work:

Player level 52-54: level 19/20 gear in legendary crates
    Player level 49-51: level 18/19 gear in legendary crates

In theory, player level 55-57 would contain level 20 or 21 gear, but it makes sense to not have level 21 gear yet. But it seems that level 55 should only contain level 20 gear, but it seems they are deviating from the existing "formula".
    BorutoDeadBeat
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I have pulled three 7500 TG chests since yesterday. I got a level 20 warrior armor (I had a level 20 warrior), a level 20 pistol (I had a level 20 shooter), and a level 19 bruiser weapon (my best bruiser is a 19). Not sure if this will hold true 100% of the time, but I plan to spend 7500 of my 175k TG every time a 7500 chest if offered to improve my armory for my level 20 survivors.
    Boruto
    Glad to see the 5k boxes are being used! Great pull!
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    InvaderJackBauerMizTy
    So it sounds like RNG thing. I'll try one more later and report back here.
    Oops my bad. I just checked the gear I pulled earlier and it was assault armor and my highest assault is still 19. Sorry about that.
    @NCDawgFan
    Thanks for the info.
    Shteevie said:

Glad to see the 5k boxes are being used! Great pull!

If I just could use it...looking for such a great weapon since ages and I´m far away from level 20 :neutral:

Therefor a double supplies event would had been great :wink:
    @Invader

Can I borrow your luck? ;)
    Boruto said:

@Invader

Can I borrow your luck? ;)

As I said before...a swop-shop would be nice :smile:

I´m in need for level 19 gear :wink:

For me it will take some time to earn the supplies I need for upgrading buildings...
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 682
    Just got this one:

Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Borutozoson
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie Can you please comment on this.
    Well than something seems to be wrong, I am a level 56 and I have level 20 survivors and just paid 5000 tg for this. I do not need level 19 gear anymore, any shot you can take this back and give me my 5000 tg back until it's fixed. This is useless to me now.
    ggbats
  • stolenstolen Member Posts: 46
    Well. Just pulled this 20 level nice scout weapon from 5000 tg crate. I'm still level 55. Didn't rushed my building upgrade with gold so it's still upgrading . So it's definitely rng now. BTW, feel lucky with getting no luck or interrupt on this one... Tear drop:(
    Shteevie said:

-No change to the formulae or the tables for this feature. It should work exactly as it did before the update. Looks like other folks are getting Level 20 stuff from theirs, so I hope you do, too.

@Shteevie

But something did change... level 20 gear was introduced to legendary Trade Good crates, correct? That means there absolutely was a change to how this worked before the update when level 19 gear was the max. I'd just like to know what factors go into determining whether a lvl 19 or 20 piece of gear is pulled. Is it a coin flip that determines what level gear is produced? 80% that it's lvl 20 and 20% that it's 19? etc...

srmcn1031DeadBeatjester
    @Bill_ZRT something had to have changed there is no reason for me to get level 19 gear anymore
    srmcn1031 said:

@Teeceezy @Shteevie Can you please comment on this.

Well than something seems to be wrong, I am a level 56 and I have level 20 survivors and just paid 5000 tg for this. I do not need level 19 gear anymore, any shot you can take this back and give me my 5000 tg back until it's fixed. This is useless to me now.

-Update 2.2 had no changes to the legendary gear drops. They work the same now as they did before the patch. There is some randomness to what you get from these.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Shteevie I'm not seeing a 5000 TG legendary option in my shop. Once my current 7500 is finished restocking, will it appear? Thanks
    NCDawgFan said:

@Shteevie I'm not seeing a 5000 TG legendary option in my shop. Once my current 7500 is finished restocking, will it appear? Thanks

-Looks like your previous Restock happened before today's database update. You should get the 5k option just like everyone else.
    @Shteevie Why would I want to use level 19 gear when I have it already, maxed out, and my survivors are 20. Who would want that? That doesn't make sense to sell legendary crates for not your max level. But I will roll over and take it cause what else can I do. Getting used to it.
    JackBauerMizTy
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    Is 5000 permanent or something we need to stock up on now and will be removed?
    Invader
    @srmcn1031

Can I ask you what your highest shooter level is?
    Bryan18 said:

Is 5000 permanent or something we need to stock up on now and will be removed?

-One of the main features of the new TG shop as introduced in 2.1 is that the things we offer can change and be randomized. In this case, the reduced-cost crates are probably only staying until the end of the weekend event. They might be back later, or we might have a new set of deals for you later on.
    Invader[Deleted User]