Paid Advertisement didn't even recruit a single person after 24 hours. Is this NORMAL???

RemnantRemnant Member Posts: 29
Title pretty much says it all. Pretty disappointing for a PAID AD.

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,498
    Moved to bugs, @Remnant it should be working but please send a support request (click settings (gear icon), help, contact us).
  • lincsixlincsix Member Posts: 34
    we had 20 requests !!! All survivors were not online for 90 days...
    Remnant
  • RemnantRemnant Member Posts: 29
    Was just looking for some community input first, before determining if this was indeed a "bug".

Thanks for your response. I'll send in a ticket.
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 703
    You're not alone @Remnant. I started 2 guilds, FEAR, and had same issue with not getting any responses in a 24 hr period with both. Just opened up a 3rd guild, INTIMIDATION..... Got nothing my 1st 24 hrs. So I took my main account out of its guild to scout and left my mini in to accept requests, and paid for another 24 hrs. Again no responses. I'm now on my 4th attempt and still no responses. I spent 2 days with my main, closing the game, resetting, reopening..... I saw a TON of guilds from all kinds of regions in all kinds of languages, but not ONCE, did I see INTIMIDATION. I jumped in and out of guilds and one had posted only 15 min before I got there, and was already full with players that would have suited my guild just fine. Reading chats, I've found that others had also spent 300, 400 gold until they finally got a response. Something is just NOT right with however they have their ad system set up. I've got loads of screenshots and a very angry me, and will be sending in my own ticket. We're getting royally ripped off here.
    RemnantFester17
    edited October 2016
    That stinks @Silverhawk. I'm 10 hours into my 2nd 24 hours right now, still no activity. Hopefully, support will get back to me and we can figure something out. I'll let you know if I learn anything.
    Silverhawk
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,879
    @Matt123 and I have had the same issue, 2 guilds, 200 gold spent, zero applicants.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Beetle
    So, my 2nd advertisement did eventually bring in new members overnight, so that's great. Still out 100 gold on the first ad, that I am assuming wasn't even displayed during its 24 hour period. Not the end of the world, but still an unnecessary waste of limited resources.
    and I'm on my 5th ad..... So technically those members you acquired overnight @Remnant should have been mine..... so yeah, if you just want to send them over my way..... guild is..... :p
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    edited October 2016
    lincsix said:

we had 20 requests !!! All survivors were not online for 90 days...

I think that's a bug actually.
    Today someone left the guild inadvertently, and got back hours later.
    Now it says they have been inactive for 90 days which is just humbug.

Moral of the story, those 90 day inactive requesters could very well all of them actually be very active.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    @MadPuppy You are 100% correct on that assumption.. I did direct recruiting off of the forum and almost all of them said not active for 90 days and they are all indeed active since the beginning of the challenge and had been playing before joining!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    MadPuppy
  • lincsixlincsix Member Posts: 34
    we had a try with 5 of the new members who were inactive since 90 days and none of them answered in our chat or did go online :(
  • Wardens1972Wardens1972 Member Posts: 44
    I have had same problem. Spent 100 gold several times with no resquests to join. Something is seriously wrong.
  • stephaniieanne08stephaniieanne08 Member Posts: 134
    I paid for 24 hours of advertising for our guild, and filled it very quickly. When we filled it, we accepted @Silverhawk
    When you say you jumped in and out of guilds, you didn't mention you were trying to steal members from guilds who have worked hard to be where they are.
    I'm sorry you are having problems filling your guild, but trying to snipe from guild who are established with members, is unfair.
    Good luck in your future game play. Best wishes!
    Fester17
    @stephaniieanne08 I was wondering when that might come back to bite me in the derriere.

Initially, I was just watching to see how many guilds' ads showed up instead of mine.
    But after 300 gold spent, I was growing increasingly frustrated.
    So I started jumping in to ask questions and find out how many ads were new and filling and how many like me, were having problems.
    It's not really my style, and believe it or not, I took no pride in doing it, but at some point, I thought, "**** this!" and started dropping ads anyway as you mentioned.
    My justification was that because I was on my third maybe even fourth ad by that time, that those players should have been applying in my guild anyway.
    If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't a productive strategy.

But whatever. Done is done.
    I do apologize to you and all out there for dropping my ads in your guilds.
    Maybe if you're ever in town, you'll let me try and make it up to you....?
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,036
    I paid for advertising last night. It's been 12 hours, and still not one request. Is there something we can do to extend the advertising period if we get no requests?
    Remnant
    @TransmuteJun only thing I can suggest is send in a ticket to support for your gold back. And stop advertising in game. I spent 500 gold and as you can see, if you read above, even resorted to dirty tactics, and still, all the survivors that I've acquired have come from my forum ad. The response I got from support was that they're looking into it, but until they have an update that specifically says they have fixed this issue, I would suggest placing an ad on the forums in guild recruiting, rather than spend more gold and risk losing out.

@TransmuteJun only thing I can suggest is send in a ticket to support for your gold back. And stop advertising in game. I spent 500 gold and as you can see, if you read above, even resorted to dirty tactics, and still, all the survivors that I've acquired have come from my forum ad. The response I got from support was that they're looking into it, but until they have an update that specifically says they have fixed this issue, I would suggest placing an ad on the forums in guild recruiting, rather than spend more gold and risk losing out.

Thanks for the advice. It is appreciated. I did open a support ticket. The reason I advertised was because there are now so many guilds advertising on this forum that an ad gets buried fast and the last few times I have tried haven't garnered any responses. I have heard about people having great success with the in-game advertising, and so I timed it to coincide with the premiere last night.

Hopefully they can work this out and support can give me some more advertising time... time that works!
    So, support still hasn't responded to my ticket. New challenge about to start, was thinking of posting another ad.... I want to, but I'm not rich (in-game, or irl) and can't be paying for ads that won't even actually be shown as paid for.

Sorry to see so many people having problems. It's not right, and either needs to be fixed, or the rules for how long an ad will last, or a minimum new recruit number, before the ad expires, policy needs to be implemented.

Good luck friends.
    What really bugs me is when you're looking to join a guild, only ONE paid ad shows up at a time. Yet there's 10 other guilds showing below, that aren't even advertising. And they're all either closed, or have too many requests for you to request. THAT, is wrong. Those spots should be filled with guilds who ARE advertising. I'm still working on my formal letter to Next Games. But I have plenty of screenshots from last week to hopefully convince them to do a complete overhaul of their advertising system. Lots of guilds/Leaders are getting ripped off. Send in a ticket though. I sent in a ticket before I spent 300 more gold (to no avail) and got the 200 I spent earlier back. It may take them awhile to respond, but they will.
    Remnant
  • MrgrumpyMrgrumpy Member Posts: 24
    One thing nobody has mentioned, is the fact that just because you have an ad there does not mean you will get members. The people looking to join a guild still have to choose which one to apply to.
    I understand your frustration. I too tried to start a guild and had trouble getting any interest, except for a guy who messaged me with an offer to join his guild...lol. Which I did, and am very happy there. But my point is that players still have to choose your guild, regardless of how much you advertise it. People are drawn to something that feels familiar...try that approach, maybe?
    I don't know, I didn't have success, lol
    Good luck to you all
    Yep, no response to my support ticket either, but then my last ticket took 3+ weeks for a response. I'm expecting that much again. Sigh...
    Remnant
    Just wanted to add that someone else reported this problem. However, I eventually heard back from support and got my gold refunded. Support also advised me not to advertise again until they fix this issue.
    @MrGrumpy you do have a semi valid point. However I have noticed there are always low level players starting the game that are willing to jump into the first guild that pops up. So that isn't the issue. The issue is that guild ads are simply not showing up. I have 2 accounts. With one account I ran an ad and waited. The other account I took out of the guild and floated. Monitored. PLENTY of paid ads showed up in that 24 hour period, but mine did not. There were a few guilds that I joined briefly that were almost full and filling fast who said their ads had only been running about 15 mins while my ad had been running for hours already or almost reached the 24 hr period. That is where the problem lies, and what needs to be fixed.
    Lismore
  • XanhallaXanhalla Member Posts: 30
    I paid gold to advertise for guild recruitment the day before the challenge and did not even get a nibble. That has NEVER happened before and I do it monthly. Anyone else reporting problems? Don't want to do it again and waste the gold.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    So unfortunate! I was hopin to advertise ,not nymore I guess!
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,498
  • warwar Member Posts: 451
    Well maybe nobody likes your guild idk sorry man natural selection and stuff