Low level legendary equipment

ErranttroopErranttroop Member Posts: 16
edited October 2016 in Strategy Discussion
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the game and had a couple questions about gear. Is it worth it to hold on to low level legendary gear? I have a legendary knife and gun but they are both starting to lack in damage compared to even common and uncommon higher level weapons. Is it time to ditch the low level legendary?

Thanks!

Edit: The skills on the legendary weapons are whats causing me to hold on to them. Two gold skills and a lucky on one. I originally thought you could just continuously level up weapons to keep them with you but its looking now like they get capped.

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    It depends on the traits and your style of play. Pre-update, gold dodge worked just as well with a level 9 survivor as it did with a level 19 survivor. To be honest, no one really has a clue what constitutes a good trait now that NG has screwed to pooch. Pre-update I would have been happy to have this new armor. Now I just don't know. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.
    Top8dogblynknz
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,252
    Before the update yes. Now, maybe not so. It's to hard to tell. Just hold on to it for now. I use to be able to equip a lover level gear for the trait and it would work 100% example legendary shooter level 9 with gold interrupt on my level 19 fighter and it would work all day every day. Them were the good old days.
    Top8dog
  • ErranttroopErranttroop Member Posts: 16
    Gotcha, thanks for the posts guys. I guess I will wait and see after the update about how much the skills affect everything. It seems though that higher HP and DMG on armor and weapons respectively should be just as important as some skills so you can outright kill them before needing skills like interrupter and dodge.
    maggiemoo
  • chefin3chefin3 Member Posts: 284
    pre update or post update common and uncommon equipment has little to no value..... its not worth keeping regardless of the update...
    "Once more into the fray. into the last good fight I'll ever know. live and day on this day live and day on this day." The Grey
    Guild:The Kingdom Com
    Guild: The Kingdom Com
    Top8dogZiva
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I would include all rare gear in that statement too @chefin3.
    Top8dogZiva
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @NCDawgFan Some time ago, when my hunters were at lvl15/16 my best rifles(with wide bore trait) were fully upgraded at lvl14/15. Due to lack of better rifles, I upgraded two rare rifles with silver wide bore and it worked for me. Now I can say no more rare stuff, but you never know. Though, I prefer epic/leg equip, for not maxed ppl rare can work as well.
    MizTymaggiemoo
  • ErranttroopErranttroop Member Posts: 16
    I guess at my low level I should just worry about upgrading the troops and not worry too much about the weapons until I start getting stuck, since I will get better ones soon enough. Thanks for the tips, all.
    MizTyRedEye52Top8dog
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Gladi said:

@NCDawgFan Some time ago, when my hunters were at lvl15/16 my best rifles(with wide bore trait) were fully upgraded at lvl14/15. Due to lack of better rifles, I upgraded two rare rifles with silver wide bore and it worked for me. Now I can say no more rare stuff, but you never know. Though, I prefer epic/leg equip, for not maxed ppl rare can work as well.

That's how o had to go on till I found the right legend or epics,.. Sometimes it can be worth it,.. I seemed to go forever without a decent shooter weapon,. Had to use greens for weeks
    MizTy
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    As soon as you find better gear, trade up until you get into your late teens in levels. Only invest xp in well-traited gear and the rest should balance out.

I wouldn't scoff at green gear outright until you hit endgame.

Holding onto gear for its color well past relevance will hold you back.
    Ziva
  • MaebalzurakinMaebalzurakin Member Posts: 50
    Keep pushing farms, council and training center. Save your XP to level up your characters when you get the next training center upgrade.

I have leveled up a lot of legendary weapons in the past only to see them become immediately obsolete when I get a higher level weapon. You do get a little XP back when you scrap them, but it isnt worth it.

Extra damage from character level, plus extra damage from the new weapon level you can equip will be MUCH greater than the increase you get from upgrading the old legendary.

I have decided I am not going to bother upgrading weapons until all of my characters are level 20 and then I will only spend the XP on level 20 legendary. The only way I would deviate from my plan is if my XP was capped and I didnt have a character to level upgrade, however, I have never seen this happen.
    psychwolfMizTy
  • WallStreetWallStreet Member Posts: 29
    I read somewhere awhile ago that they would remove caps on equipment like they did survivor level. Is there anymore talk of this?
    If so, I'd definitely hold on to old gear that has good traits.

I know I lost several really good legendary survivors by retiring them too early not knowing about the cap removals in advance. Still kicking myself. Would hate to have same thing happen to equipment.
  • hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    That is precisely what they want to happen , they want us to scrap high star trash right before they remove the level cap

Withthe way they do pre-token characters they have made it clear that they simply do not care about the costs equaling the benefit