No Man's Land 2.2 Changes - My Opinion regarding Repeatables and the Leaderboard

I understand the reasoning for the recent changes with traits. I understand there is some need to get rid of repeatables. Players only focusing on one trait can get tedious and boring. But the players that focus on these certain traits are the ones that have been playing this game for a very long time. No matter what game it is, the veterans will always find the best way to maximize their gameplay.

Every single week we get a new challenge map. But these maps, in itself, are tedious and repetitive. The only thing that made it challenging was to find out ways to get the highest star possible. What would we benefit from reaching level 25 recommended walkers then coming to a dead stop? When you implement the change where we do not have to repeat the lower levels, then what happens? We play 2 or 3 rounds then what?

I feel like the ones that the Devs have been listening to do not represent the entire community. I understand having too many repeating maps can be too much to handle…but for whom? The ones that may complain about them are the ones that are trying to maintain their rank on the leaderboard. They feel as though they are forced to repeat challenges in order to maintain their rank. But isn’t that an option? Shouldn’t repeating a challenge be an option and not a task? If you do not want to repeat, the answer is simple….don’t repeat. Pretty sure you have this thing called “freedom of choice” where you can make up your mind about what you want and what you do not want to do.

Making these changes to prevent repeating maps only benefits the veterans who want to sustain their throne on the leaderboard. The leaderboard becomes stagnant and there will be no way for the newer players to ever catch up. I am #1 on that leaderboard, so I should want these game changes, right? No, I don’t. I want players to be able to reach their goal. I want these hard working individuals who actually stayed up late nights trying to fight for that top spot to get what they earned. People that have the time and the tenacity to repeat a challenge to their hearts content, should have the chance to get to #1.

These trait nerfs (especially interrupt) completely blindsided us. It’s one thing to nerf the percentage, but now you introduce a new trait (piercing) that we would have to combine with all our gear to make any of our traits half decent. So if you didn’t want us to focus on just luck and dodge….then why bring in piercing shot? We spent so much gold and so much time trying to get interrupt on our gear, awaiting the nerf, but then it gets completely derailed by a new trait we now have to spend more resources on? What happens if it becomes too powerful and it causes repeatable challenges, will you take it away again? This is the only game I have played so far where vast changes have taken place that completely reverses and negates everything I have worked for. I know it sounds dramatic, but I feel like everything I have invested on just got stomped on.

As a veteran player, I had to speak up about how I feel about the new changes. It did question whether or not I want to continue with the game. I just wish NG listened to the entire community instead of listening to just 1% of the entire player base that had their own agenda for what they want changed. Our human nature will make us look for loopholes to beat the game. There will always be a way to repeat a map. There was no need to make these nerfs. The only thing it did was waste our time and our money….and now we will end up wasting more time and more money with the new changes only to find the next loophole, which will inevitably get crushed again. I am hoping that was not the intent.

Need some visual stimulation?
Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
Join the EH family and party with me!
OneLessTitanAvalon8JulialiciousFragziergerkmanAleixKaOzzSlickRickEl_Pollo_LocoLambariSebiharudsgnSekushiOvidmikelEire1916NataNxyInspTurbinesTheLostOnesDLich_wendy_KillersZKaiserKARAZIPKALIjimmydawiseAmazaynwalker_say_whatblynknzjesterBorutobunConan1976ATLAS-Zmasmith93R2runfastant[Deleted User]BuckzzCaptainslayerPapacasTop8dogJapes87Fester17DevkillswalkersZeenaSlowMoPerdtinScorchHaiyanJadenGindyNecroboogiesligoemBeeSgtSalamiavelardezPigtammyshakhidGreySeerPowerUKMrSorrowggbats淡水地鼠Loewe1968DIbliscrambert_nec

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,500
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    @Julialicious Thank you, sweet stuff ;)

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    JulialiciousBorutotammy[Deleted User]
  • Well said @kryptonix

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

[Deleted User]LambariInspTurbinesDevkillswalkersHaiyantammyNecroboogie
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    Sorry @Julialicious I'm not really interested in the 'it' at this time, were two days into testing, and as such I have no opinion on the matter at this time. If you would like to give yours, that's your right, but I suggest some further play time is required.

I'll let my opinion on other matters stand, and see how far down that rabbit hole we can go.

[Deleted User]
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I miss back alley already lol.
    Papacas
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    Success rate on Back Alley was >75% at RSL 30. If you wanted to there, a lvl 9 could be taken in as well to get the right zombie set up so that all of the work was done for you, and the rest of the work was done with interrupt. I believe there are many videos available on this forum to show you how this was possible.
    [Deleted User]Degreaser
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    Last version of BA was improved. Ar least that is what I felt. AI agresivity seemd increased towards my survivors.The 2 upper were charging concomitent so I prefered not using my lvl 8 and opted for 3 legendary 19 for more firepower. As I could do it this way in almost any combination .But I didnt 3star every time. Maybe 50%.10% 1 star as I do like to finish what I start.With good programming and even clever setup this could have been a 30% success. Enough for the joy of playing it.
    Top8dog
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    kryptonix said:

Success rate on Back Alley was >75% at RSL 30. If you wanted to there, a lvl 9 could be taken in as well to get the right zombie set up so that all of the work was done for you, and the rest of the work was done with interrupt. I believe there are many videos available on this forum to show you how this was possible.

I would love to see what Back Alley will be like now. Even at RSL 20
    I bet there will be a far greater fail rate with this.