Player Priorities for the remainder of 2016

Comments

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,396
    Since interupt isn't going to revisited, can you please buff up the pierce trait up by 10 so at least then it gives us a 50/50 shot (with 30 luck) of getting an interupt that isn't too much to ask
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @Bill_ZRT
    Thanks for the well-thought out and we'll-stated post. I think you will be happy, as some of your thoughts align directly with things I'm hoping to do, and I hope you'll let me know how well we hit that mark.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTy[Deleted User]Top8dog
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2016
    Mod edit: totally unreasonable and uncalled for. Mind the rules. No need to be a jerk.
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Interesting reply @Shteevie

That means our window of opportunity for influencing the upcoming update is now closed? And the target date for finishing this update is when?

The timing of what I'm calling "2.2b" is extremely important to LabRat906546. Combat, as it is right now (post nerf, pre-buff), is not balanced. I can accept some change; I really am an adaptable LabRat, but as the traits stand now, the Fun Factor has been diminished.

What I'm saying is: I can accept the new maze as it stands for maybe a week (and that's bc the rest of 2.2 was so excellent!) but I can't wait a month to know which gear to upgrade or which survivor to keep.

I'm trying to be cool about waiting for your fancy reports to become available so you can make the adjustments needed to bring the proc rates back in line with what was intended. Really, i am... But I was thinking a week or two; certainly not a month! I don't think I have the ability to "focus on the positive" of 2.2 that long.

If you want us to accept that the combat balancing was a 2-part play, the intermission can't be very long. I can't live with these proc rates and body shots, Shteevie.

So when are the adjustments you mentioned going to be made & do they require an update?
    Top8dog
    @MizTy
    The suggestion box is always open. There isn't much time left in the year, if you factor in approvals time and the App Store lockdowns.

So it's nearing the end of our planning period, but we're not yet done with all I want to do, so there will be more work done and improvements made if I can help it.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    @Bill_ZRT In regards to your Quality of Life Changes #3, you can click the green "(i)" icon in the top right corner of each survivor to see their info (gear, traits, etc.) in the team selection screen. I actually just discovered this and it helps with double checking if certain survivors have certain traits.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Top8dogDarkZero
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 513
    @Shteevie Yes, I've read the other threads on Walker / Overwatch AI adjustments. I asked you to expand on it here because I wanted to make sure you weren't talking about making freemen more powerful on overwatch or some other adjustment that would make the impact of the the newest nerfs even more severe.

I cared more about not being able to target human enemies before walkers on overwatch before the latest changes, although using melee interrupters was a great work around that. Now that my A team rarely manages to interrupt anything, I'd put this fix at the bottom of my priorities. Maybe I'll feel differently as I adjust my gear to deal with the latest updates.
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    Top8dog
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,242
    Shteevie said:

As stated in the Challenge Rework thread, time is running out in 2016. Given the needs for testing and approvals, there is precious little time to add or adjust No Man's Land by the end of the year. This is an incomplete list of the ideas, suggestions, and topics that have been brought up in the office and here on the forums. I'd like forums users to give their opinions as to the most and least desired items on this list, so that we can use that information as we finalize our plans for 2.3 and the months that follow.

1) New ways to earn rewards, tied to existing game modes [such as allowing players to repeat Hard and Nightmare Story Missions]
    2) The Challenge Rework as described and discussed in the other thread posted here.
    3) Edits to the matchmaking and rewards systems for Outpost
    4) New / revamped / Improved Traits
    5) New / more Heroes
    6) Adjustments to Walker / Overwatch AI
    7) New Live Events for weekends and special occasions
    8) "Quality of Life" adjustments [giving more than the usual amount of time to tracking down hard-to-isolate bugs]

It should be said that all of these are things that the team wants to do, but we're asking here for the player's opinion on priorities. For example, every patch includes time devoted to rounding up bugs or the little pieces of features that got the cut in past deadlines, but we could use the time that would otherwise be spent on a feature to do other things. Issues like ad availability, memory use, desyncs, and leaderboard accuracy will be addressed as much as possible regardless of whatever else we take on with these next few updates.

Please add your opinion here, and feel free to link to a thread that describes a suggestion that you haven't seen me weigh in on. Thanks as always for your time and consideration.

@Shteevie Item #3 is a Biggy (pun) concern. As I climb the tiers is getting harder and harder to earn my trade goods... Increasing the temptation to drop back down. Scaling the Trade Goods earned on each raid to reflect the difficulty/tier of the raid to the rewards earned would fix this I think. And flat rewards would be better than the % capped system. Something like this:

Bronze Tier raid --> 200 Trade Goods
    Silver Tier raid -----> 300 Trade Goods
    Gold 3 Tier raid ---> 400 Trade Goods
    Gold 2 Tier raid ---> 500 Trade Goods
    Gold 1 Tier raid ---> 600 Trade Goods
    Platm 3 Tier raid -> 700 Trade Goods
    Platm 2 Tier raid -> 800 Trade Goods
    Platm 1 Tier raid -> 900 Trade Goods
    Master Tier raid --> 1000 Trade Goods

This will give people extra incentive to climb I promise.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    MizTyCaptainslayerMarkszgerg77
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I have lots of opinions and I agree with a lot of the above which I might expound on later but my #1 priority is gas costs. All I wanna do is play the game and you need Gas for that. 10 minutes for 1 gallon is a bitch. So perhaps halve that or even drop to 7 minutes or reduce the cost for missions. Ive been spending a little money lately and might be more inclined to spend more if I had the gas to play. The problem with an all-day full tank purchase is that it is limited to one day. And who with any type of life can commit more than a few hours to playing? Provide a weekend or weekly pass perhaps.
    MizTy
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    edited October 2016
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Bring back Epic crates in the trade shop!
    I only seem to get legendary rewards from the little challenges or I save all my TGs for a random Legendary crate and usually its armour. Getting a decent weapon is so HARD!!!

I have level 16 epic outpost and also worked my butt off to get to 3000 gold tier, I was holding my own until the update and now I am attacked at least twice a day by level 19 players and am losing my ass. I checked my map right after the update and it hadnt changed much, i adjusted. No explanation why i cant log on without seeing ive lost twice since the day before. I'm really unhappy about it. I have a walker level of 60 as well and upgrading them is out of the question since i hoard my TGs for crates.

Since epic crates are GONE, all of my tg's r going to leg. crates!!! Something has to change!!!!
    MizTy
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    @Shteevie I have been thinking alot about this thread and here are my player priorities/suggestions for 2016:

1) Not allow low-level survivors to enter into high level (this can be a certain level is required to enter into map).. there are plenty of games that have such a criteria to enter into dungeons.
    2) This may be controversial; but have the leaderboard restart much like the outpost leaderboards (could have a lifetime score tally but the global top 50 leaderboard would follow a 14 days and wiped cleaned strategdy similar to outpost).
    3) The weapon box in TG store for 12.5K should show the traits your buying for.
    4) For the love of God please give us a RPG for Daryl
    5) More interactive or puzzles within maps for challenges (I really liked those maps where we had to finish under 7 turns), but would like to see interactive items within the challenge maps.
    6) Token bundles, meaty amount of tokens for set dollar amount.
    7) Booster for radios!! (much like for XP)

Suggestion: Ok one idea I've been thinking about is to have trait boosters enhanced. For example: You choose your team of survivors to bring into challenge or mission, and you are given an option to choose a trait booster for all or a survivor you choose at a gold cost - this can be for a extra 10% damage, or 10% critical, or assault stun is for 2 rounds, or does an extra bonus attack not counting against your AP.... bring in revenue for NG and gives us more options to go APE crazy if you really wanted to -- BITCHNUTZ

Thanks!
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,042
    edited November 2016
    1) New ways to earn rewards, tied to existing game modes [such as allowing players to repeat Hard and Nightmare Story Missions]: Yes. I really love to play the missions again and again. I have requested for it so many times
    4) New / revamped / Improved Traits: For the NEW my response would be NO. For the existing, please do improve them as the nerfing had made some rather weak.
    5) New / more Heroes. No, as it is too difficult to upgrade them with the current radio calls system and the goods in the store
    7) New Live Events for weekends and special occasions: Yes
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • HershelsheadHershelshead Member Posts: 126
    I have one easy suggestion. When a new challenge starts, make it a smooth beginning instead of so many having issues. Lets fix what we have before we juggle anything new.
    MizTy
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    @Stheevie give us the chance to trade special equipment (i.e. the ones for sell of Morgan and Ezekziel) for a certain amount of TG ; include missions where we can earn tokens.

I think the above topics are the most wanted.

;)
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Shteevie said:

As stated in the Challenge Rework thread, time is running out in 2016. Given the needs for testing and approvals, there is precious little time to add or adjust No Man's Land by the end of the year. This is an incomplete list of the ideas, suggestions, and topics that have been brought up in the office and here on the forums. I'd like forums users to give their opinions as to the most and least desired items on this list, so that we can use that information as we finalize our plans for 2.3 and the months that follow.

1) New ways to earn rewards, tied to existing game modes [such as allowing players to repeat Hard and Nightmare Story Missions]
    2) The Challenge Rework as described and discussed in the other thread posted here.
    3) Edits to the matchmaking and rewards systems for Outpost
    4) New / revamped / Improved Traits
    5) New / more Heroes
    6) Adjustments to Walker / Overwatch AI
    7) New Live Events for weekends and special occasions
    8) "Quality of Life" adjustments [giving more than the usual amount of time to tracking down hard-to-isolate bugs]

It should be said that all of these are things that the team wants to do, but we're asking here for the player's opinion on priorities. For example, every patch includes time devoted to rounding up bugs or the little pieces of features that got the cut in past deadlines, but we could use the time that would otherwise be spent on a feature to do other things. Issues like ad availability, memory use, desyncs, and leaderboard accuracy will be addressed as much as possible regardless of whatever else we take on with these next few updates.

Please add your opinion here, and feel free to link to a thread that describes a suggestion that you haven't seen me weigh in on. Thanks as always for your time and consideration.

@Shteevie This is order of importance in my point of view. Only 2), 1), 8) and 3) are really important for me, other 4 can wait.
    My add to 2) is in proper thread.
    1)Replayable story missions...will be really appreciated.
    8) and 3) comes bit together in my mind.
    For outposts, repair broken positioning of fatties and armored.
    Outpost matchmaking more or solely on influence. Bit greedy here, but If one want to have high influence, he/she have to bear the pressure.
    Repair bug with 4 walkers in outposts, supposed to be 6, but still are not.
    Tweak all outpost maps so TGs can be reached with scout range. As far as I remember, NG have no problem with TG grab and leave.
    GET RID OF AUTOCENTRE.

7)Give us roadmap of events, so we can prepare for ´em
    5)You will add them, we will(maybe one day) get them. Dunno what else to say on this topic.
    6)Be careful with this. It can be really tricky. I would prefer to attack(in ovewatch) closest possible threat(and if succesfully interrupted, pass to another one), but dunno if it can be programmed in such way. And even if it will be like this, many ppl will complain, thats for sure.
    4)Again. Be careful. Improving is not an issue(if understanding " to improve" is common enough). Revamping for those traits that are not so powerful apreciated, "nerfing" those you believe are overpowered not. :smiley: New traits can be introduced, but I prefer to be only gear traits. Adding more traits to survivors will bring us down as even now it is pretty hard to get one with desired traits and it will be even harder.

• JumboSharkJumboShark Member Posts: 7
    Well, since interrupt is not getting "fixed"... I would really like to see something (be that new trait, buffing an existing one, new weapon, really, anything!) That would make use of overwatch for melee classes. I forgot the last time I used melee guys for anything but H&R by scouts :)
    edited November 2016
    I agree- I would really like to work in more special things that only melee classes can do, and make sure that they are balanced over all of the content in the game. This is a big priority for me in coming updates.
    Fragzie
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    edited November 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 11/9/16 7:00 pm

@Top8dog

Warning issued, further disregard for the rules will result in permanent loss of forum privileges.
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    soggybottoms
    Top8dog said:

Mod edit: zbot 11/9/16 7:00 pm

@Top8dog

Warning issued, further disregard for the rules will result in permanent loss of forum privileges.

Are you serious zbot? Talk about power hungry,... I know you lot are looking for a reason to ban anybody from forums that has a opinion different to you mods way of thinking but your action today is a complete joke,.. And yes in calling you directly out on this one,,,
    How does telling shtevie that nerfing the Melee classes only to later say he now wants to buff them back in any way shape or form warrant a warning,.. There's a clear difference between being toxic and stating plain facts son shine
    Go ahead ban me,.. If you make a decision to take something away to only then try and make out your gonna buff them back up to look good you can expect a comment from me or any normal minded person,...
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Easy @Top8dog. The comment for which you were warned was over the top and justified a warning. If you'd like to talk more, you know where to find me. Cheers.
    Teeceezy said:

Easy @Top8dog. The comment for which you were warned was over the top and justified a warning. If you'd like to talk more, you know where to find me. Cheers.

It would have helped if he'd told me what I said,.. He's sent a link that just shows me the edited post,. I make many posts ain't a clue what it is that's said wrong?.

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    I'll PM you it if you'd like. But let's keep this thread on track.
    Teeceezy said:

I'll PM you it if you'd like. But let's keep this thread on track.

Nope it's good thank you,... Zbot messaged me and I see why it may have been removed,.. But thank you for the offer,.. It's dealt with and moved on :smiley:

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

rgerkman
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie

Hey man, was trying to find this post again to comment on the Challenge week... Took a bit...

My thoughts (if someone has said it already, my bad, I don't read everything in here, or even half of everything) regarding challenge improvement...

This week you are rewarding hero tokens, which is cool. I prefer radios, but I honestly like the changeup to keep it fresh. Thumbs up... But...

When the Challenge revamp happens (soon I hope) I personally feel that the Individual and Guild rewards isn't the Number one problem... Not for me anyway.

What is the deal maker or breaker for me is rewards per stage, meaning:

# of supplies gained per challenge mission
    # of XP gained per challenge mission
    # and level of gear gained per challenge mission
    # of challenge missions per tank of gas

Phones, crates, and tokens are very nice, but if I can't get decent amounts of the stuff I need... Chances are challenges will always be unattractive to me.

Suggestion?

* put a difficulty button (like scavenge) on challenge missions.
    * make all challenges a flat rate 2 or 3 gas per mission

If you do this, challenges will be WELL worth it and a very attractive option.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    MizTy
    Amend... Understanding that the difficulty needs to increase with each mission, the button could be simple a button that makes the difficulty equal to your max survivor level... And once you've beaten enough missions for the base difficulty to equal or surpass your max survivor level, then the button is gone or simply does nothing.
    MizTy