Season 7 Mission, Episode 1: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Done! Lvl20 6* Shooter and Hunter. Only bruised the Shooter.
    Top8dog
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2016
    Finished the trials. Lvl 20 warrior and scout. Thanks for the phones and tokens.
    MizTyTop8dogSlowMo
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Finished using Rare lvl 19 Scout & Epic lvl 19 Assault with No Injuries 5/5 Missions :grimace:

That was fun!! When's the next one start? :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    MizTyTheLostOnesTop8dogInvader
  • SebiSebi Posts: 143
    Done too. 1 hunter 1 shooter both bruised.
  • GabinaGabina Member Posts: 40
    I played Normal. I played Hard. I played Trial Mission 1/5. Then it said I had to wait an hour. Came back in less than an hour to see and it says Trial Mission 1/5 as if I never finished that one. How am I supposed to get to 2/5 or 4/5 or eventually 5/5 if it resets during the Cooldown to 1/5 and I'm forced to the 1 hour Cooldown?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,150
    edited October 2016
    @Rocketman Bold move to not use any ranged survivors! I used some combination of a Hunter with a Shooter or Warrior.

Edit: @Gabina I think the 1/5 means you've completed 1 out of 5 trial missions. I was a bit confused about that at first.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    MizTyTop8dog
  • toby2b2toby2b2 Member Posts: 103
    It appears that they made the trial run impossible to complete for us lower level players. I am only able to complete 3 of the 5 trial missions with level 16 - 5 star survivors. My best 4 level 16 - 5 star survivors get smoked when attempting the 4th trial mission. Obviously this was set up so that only the long time veterans can complete it for the rewards. Very disappointing!
    exit_77maggiemooSlowMosoggybottoms
    @toby2b2 Were the zombies in the fourth trial level 17? You should certainly be able to handle zombies one level above your survivors if they're equipped properly and you're making smart choices in the trial...
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @toby2b2

Heya! Got level 15 survivors here. I completed the 4th trial with 5* leg Hunter & Shooter. Got lucky a few times with dodging walker attacks, still got injured, but it's very much possible.

Shooters do have 50% extra damage, which helped with the fatties. And try to move somewhere into a corner (keep those fatties on a distance), but close enough to the RV so you can open the door asap. But these two cleared trial 1-4:
    Top8dogMizTy
    I am unable to play the normal or hard modes....It appears that if you start with the trial mode first like I did, you automatically lose the ability to play the easier modes, since they are no longer available. Is this intentional, or is this a bug?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I am on 4/5 of the trail mode and both the initial missions are repayable as many times as you like.
    Top8dog
    @JayZ - No, they were level 18 with 2 of them being level 18 Tanks (heavy walkers) I assume that these two have a defense of around 4000.......with only 2 survivors, I can never get past this. Unfortunately, I can't go back and play the normal and hard modes, as they no longer exist once you start the trial levels. They just disappear! I thought that the trial levels were for practice, so I started with them.
    edited October 2016
    @toby2b2 I didn't think you could play trials until you had beaten normal/hard modes?

EDIT: @GreySeer I don't think Shooter bonus applies to missions. Only challenge/exploration maps.
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    Completed trial 5 on my second try. Used hunter/shooter. Hunter got bruised. Learned to try and stay near RV to make the quick getaway. Those fatties are tough.
    JayZ, no, I don't think so. I suppose it's possible though. I played it again and now it says 2/5. Hmmm... Anyone not played them? Does it start with 0/5?
  • GympirGympir Member Posts: 6
    5/5 done with warrior and assault. Piece of cake!
    Top8dog
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    My golden Shooter/Hunter duo just got me my 5/5. Did some risky running in the end, took some injuries, but it's certainly doable.

@JayZ You're right! Shooter bonus doesn't count in the S7 missions.
    Top8dog
    edited October 2016
    @GreySeer
    @ JayZ

After reading another post, I realized I was actually playing the 5th trial, not the 4th. It said 4/5, but that actually means 4 of 5 completed. I tried using a hunter and a shooter, both level 16, and 4 star/3 star survivors, respectively. That did the trick, but not without some severe injuries. But, even after completing the trial mode, I still do not have access to the normal and hard modes. I will try rebooting to see if that helps. Maybe the game thinks that I have completed normal and hard modes? I never even tried either of them......
    GreySeerTop8dog
    @NCDawgFan - They might be available on your game, but not on mine. I saw them when they first came out with the season 7 missions, but I started with the trial episodes, thinking that they were actually just a "trial" run. Now, they are not available on my game.....
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,828
    @toby2b2
    In your screen it shows you have the Negan tokens that you get in the normal and hard missions.
    And if you tap them you can still play them. Only you won't be getting the tokens a second time. For that you will need to wait for episode two.
    Top8dog
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,006
    edited October 2016
    I struggled hard to finish 4/5 but finally made it with my second best warrior (epic) and my best shooter and moving to the right to be able to
    a) stay close to the RV
    b) charge up my shooters special ability
    c) finish off the first fatty before the other one got close to me

That way it worked, not sure if it will work for 5/5 though... my gear might be too weak.

ETA: Worked with my legendary warrior for 5/5, too. Only had to kill one of the fatties that way.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Top8dogInvader
    @MadPuppy - Sorry.....I thought that was part of the trial episode......
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,828
    edited October 2016
    Nothing to be sorry for! It wasn't clear so you asked. That's the best way to go. Is it clear now though? @toby2b2
    Top8dog
    I'm on 3/5 which MAY be the 4th trial. Can't get past the level 17 tanks and then get mobbed. Tried all these combinations, all Epic: 16 Daryl & 16 Shooter; 16 Shooter & 16 Assault; 16 Shooter & 15 Shooter; 16 Assault & 15 Assault. Can't do the move to the right thing because I can't get past that tank that comes in on the right before I'm charged without getting hit by 3 walkers thus setting me up for struggle and sticking me in place, forcing my other person to save that one. That last combo ended with my 15 Assault being stunned by one tank. 16 Assault shot it but didn't take it down. So the 2nd tank got in on the action and struggled my poor, stunned 15 Assault. I quit at that point. There was no way my 16 wasn't going down before releasing him. At least this way, she's healthy. Been spending a lot in gold to heal folks to keep trying this. Going to be awhile before I can upgrade anyone to level 17. If the last mission is level 18 walkers or 19 walkers, with the same 2 tanks, I don' t think there's any way I can get these done.
    Tried once more 16 Legendary Warrior, 16 Epic Shooter. Got nowhere near the right. The first tank comes on the right after the first turn. I can't shoot two walkers in one turn with the shooter. And I have to position the warrior close to walkers to attack. If she had gone to the right, that 1st tank would have gotten her for sure. So I moved her down, away from the RV (not what I wanted but had to do). She got hit a few times (2 or 3) then was able to hit the tank twice. But it took the 2 shots from the shooter to kill it. So all those regular walkers were there. Well, 2nd tank stunned my shooter, and a walker (one of the many surrounding us by then) struggled my warrior. So I had to quit again. Won't be trying for awhile. I'm running out of gold.
  • BojunBojun Member Posts: 24
    Tried 4 times with different combination of classes and got smashed each time. Best result so far was with Daryl and strangely a bruiser. Got Daryl to the door but the bruiser got stunned then killed. My max survivor level is only 11. Need advice on best class combination.
    MizTy