Season 7 Mission, Episode 1: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    I breezed through the first 3 trials pretty well. That 4th trial is a dead stop for me. I have tried hunter and shooter, assault and shooter and 100% interrupt scout and bruiser (everyone else was injured).
    My dudes are all level 19, the mission rec is 20. I think my limiting factor is my vastly outdated gear. (fully upgraded mix of lvl 16-18)

Any magic class combos found yet for this mission?
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Bojun show us what you have to work with & we'll help you out!
    InvaderKARAZIPKALI
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    Do you have any armor with gold stun resistance to help with the fatties?
    Top8dogmcbkhicks
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 581
    Has anyone completed all of the missions?
    @sborg
    They're locked. 1 per week B)
    So everyone can only do episode (mission) 1 this week.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    3/5 is done...with level 19 legendary hunter and assault...looks like a hard mission to finish 5/5 :p
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    edited October 2016
    I hope people dont think that u need to lvl ur survivor to have a chance against that particular mission. Because it will be alway -2, -1, same, +1, +2 of ur current highest survivor lvl.

So if u think u can win lvl14 fatties with your lvl12 survivor, and thinking to upgrade to 13, then good luck dealing with lvl15 fatties later on
    InvaderMizTyjimmorrison369MrSorrowMadPuppyTheLostOnesConan1976
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    @Neil_J did you eney meny miny mo it? Lol
    MizTy
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738

I breezed through the first 3 trials pretty well. That 4th trial is a dead stop for me. I have tried hunter and shooter, assault and shooter and 100% interrupt scout and bruiser (everyone else was injured).

My dudes are all level 19, the mission rec is 20. I think my limiting factor is my vastly outdated gear. (fully upgraded mix of lvl 16-18)

Any magic class combos found yet for this mission?

Do you have abe? Was wondering if his leader trait can give you enough extra power on top to scrape thru?
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    @JayZ I charged the warrior and scout on normal walkers keeping my distance from the fatties, once charged I chopped them down to size quickly.
    MizTygespuer
  • BojunBojun Member Posts: 24
    @MizTy here are my survivors
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited October 2016
    @Rocketman I did, but under forum spoiler rules, I can't tell you which one of the Ricks was "it"..... ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    RocketmanTop8dog
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    yea i used 2 hunters & 1 or both had gold stun resist thats a must for those fatties but either that or shooter with gun that has gold extra charge thing & gold grid if possible & any armor with gold stun resist helps
  • El_Pollo_LocoEl_Pollo_Loco Member Posts: 75
    Keep in mind that gold interrupt is no longer 100% effective
  • P0rchDickP0rchDick Member Posts: 1
    I used a legendary shooter (lvl 20) and a legendary warrior (lvl 20) and breezed through it both perfect, no injuries. Recommend survivor lvl for me was 22. Just ashamed you can't replay the trial after completing all 5.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2016
    I really like this new addition to the game, and I've completed the trial - thanks for the great rewards.

However I have a question - Episode 1 and Episode 1-Hard are both playing at level 10 for me - that's not right is it?

@Teeceezy @Shteevie
    R2runfastTop8dog
    edited October 2016
    @Bojun
    Your situation does not have a quick answer. I sent you a direct message with additional questions.

Alternatively you can start your own thread in the Strategies section asking for advice. Be sure & include screen shots of both your survivor & equipment.

Don't worry. There's lots of smart people around here to help you through it. :blush:

PS you have some awesome survivors! The RNG gods have favored you ;)
    KARAZIPKALITop8dog
    MizTy said:

@sborg

They're locked. 1 per week B)

So everyone can only do episode (mission) 1 this week.

I meant the mission that came out today.

Top8dog
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,742
    One of the unintentional positive side effects of these new trials that are scaled to your survivor level is that is slows the game down. A lot of people prioritize leveling their survivors up without leveling gear up along the way. I've always made sure that my survivors sported maxed out epic/leg gear that's 1-3 levels higher than they are, which made these trials easy for me (only bruised on the last trial).
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    MizTyKARAZIPKALIBuckzzTop8dogFLWillTheCrab
    Spot on @JayZ
    JayZTop8dog
    I just finished 3/5 with a legendary hunter and shooter. Both were bruised, but we got through.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • warwar Member Posts: 454
    I used Epic Abraham and Legendary shooter (both level 16) for my missions. My requirement was level 18.
    Top8dogweirdguyal
    Finished 4 and 5/5 with a legendary hunter and shooter also. Barely.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Shooter/hunter was my team. My gear isn't great so on the last couple I got bruises and maybe injuries, but never a struggle or heavy injury.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MizTyKARAZIPKALITop8dog
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Trial 3 with 2 Epic lvl 13 hunters, you can see their traits, and gear in vid.
    Top8dog
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    I really love these new missions.

But I think the main reason I had some trouble going through the trial is because I'm not used to dealing with fatties, unlike more highlevel players. So I wonder if the trial could be made repeatable as well, I'd love to get more training and developing strategy against them.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited October 2016
    We will reopen the Trials from time to time, but we want to have only one Trial spotlit at once so that players are able to 'keep up' with the game the way they are with the show. Of course, if a player comes in late or doesn't finish one trial before the next is unlocked, we don't take the missions away - we just move where the 5/5 trial bonus is. I think there will be a point down the road where all the Trials are always unlocked [hopefully this goes for the Story Missions, too!].

Edited for clarity
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GreySeerdocfinzenburgrgerkmanTop8dogMrsScattercushion[Deleted User]
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Shteevie excellent Work! :)
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Top8dog
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    I didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know if this has already been mentioned or if it's even happening to anyone else... Visual glitch? When I play either the normal or hard missions the opening screen levels of Rick and Negan are showing differently than what the finishing screen levels are showing! Level 15 when starting.. Level 10 when finishing! @Shteevie
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    jimmorrison369VerbaubTheLostOnesTop8dogFLWill