Heroes

Hey folks I am level 45 and hav glen two star Maggie and Jesus three and Daryl four 72 Abraham tokens also just 64 rick Also are heroes really better than leg of the same level ? Please post your thoughts thanks

Comments

• Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738

Hey folks I am level 45 and hav glen two star Maggie and Jesus three and Daryl four 72 Abraham tokens also just 64 rick Also are heroes really better than leg of the same level ? Please post your thoughts thanks

Not sure any more before the update I'd have said a flat out no,.. Think the jury's still out on this one mate
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Yes and no.

Pros:
    - All things equal, a five-star hero does more base damage and has higher base health than a five-star regular survivor.
    - Their hero traits can boost other members of your party.

Cons:
    - Their traits are fixed and some of those traits are fairly useless. Ignoring their hero traits, Glenn is the only hero that has what I would consider to be four perfect accompanying traits. Rick and Daryl have Retaliate, which you can't normally get on a ranged survivor.
    - It's much harder to get tokens for them, so it takes more time/resources to get them up to five stars.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    MizTyEL34xyzRedEye52MrSorrow
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    It will take thousands and thousands of hero specific tokens to make any hero equal to a "normal" legendary survivor with five level 5 traits. Good luck pulling those. They are cute, but pretty useless as delivered.
  • ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 112
    I think Heros are "trinkets" for higher level players.

Starting with a positive; I have Maggie who was really useful as a one off during the double XP weekend. But for me the lack of tokens to upgrade them is a really negative point. I don't want to buy 4/6/8 tokens in the shop and crawl my way to upgrading them over an excessively long period of time, or have to sacrifice a regular player upgrade as I have some hero tokens in a phone call. I'm just not that interested.

For my money,would definitely stick to upgrading your standard crew with better traits.
    Top8dog