What gives with the season 7 missions?

I'm not a super high level player, but have been playing for a long time. My survivors are level 17. How am I supposed to get any Negan tokens? The game gets so difficult that I can't get past the 3rd round....how are guys like me and lower levels supposed to have a prayer of achieving these carrots you dangle? We are angry!
ebbywolfSlicerAngieMathesonmyka728poiw

Answers

• MrgrumpyMrgrumpy Member Posts: 24
    Edit* it says 3/4, so I guess it's the 4th round that is too difficult, as is level 5, I suspect.
    How are anyone but very high level players supposed to get the tokens?
    Some of us have been playing for a very long time. Just because we haven't bought our way to the top, do we not deserve the tokens to get Negan as well?
    SlicerAngieMathesonmyka728
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    I think it's you that’s angry. As a long time player with level 15 survivors I got through (injured, but alive) without dying with my leg Hunter/Shooter team. Just move around tactically and don't kill the second fattie, just avoid it.
    Haiyanmyka728poiw
    Not all of us have legendary hunters and shooters
    myka728Pic4lm4c3
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    You already got your Negan tokens. You will see the bar of the challenge page say 32/250. That is all you get from this mission.
    What you are now trying to get is the bonus 20 (or 30?) Rick tokens.
    autumn_ash[Deleted User]p_herian4lm4c3
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I did it with level 17 survivors.

And i also think you already have the 32 tokens. More next week and the week after. Etc.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,845
    Moved to strategy.

@Mrgrumpy , it may help to provide screenshots of your survivors and gear for better advice.

rgerkmanTop8dogpoiw4lm4c3
    Ok, thanks zbot, I appreciate it
    myka7284lm4c3
  • HaiyanHaiyan Member Posts: 156
    Just keep trying. My boys are lvl 18 and required level of 5/5 is lvl 20 but managed to clear it. Just used 2 assaults since they have good health and spread damage. And just run away from the heavies
    Thanks Haiyan, your advice is appreciated. I will give this a shot. I have one good epic assault and Abraham at rare. Hopefully I'll get lucky and make it. Now I'm hearing people saying that thwy got through, no problem at lvl 15, and I can't believe it...what am I doing wrong? Lol
  • WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
    Wait what you cant complete it? I have already done it with only level 11 survivors?
    AngieMatheson
    Well do you mind sharing your trick to getting past the final 2 levels? Because yes, I am stuck. Frustratingly stuck. And if you did all 5 with level 11 survivors, I would love to know how.
    ebbywolfAngieMathesonmyka728
  • ebbywolfebbywolf Member Posts: 8
    I'm upset like mrgrumpy. It's set up unfairly. My guys are level 19 and are butchered before I even have a chance. My husband also plays and his guys are level 15. He went through all 5 of the trials with no problem. I showed him mine and he had far less zombies than I did . His 5th trial had less than my 2nd which I don't stand a chance on.
    Mrgrumpy
    And yet I get condescending remarks from people, like what's the problem, I finished it and I'm level 11...i'm getting more frustrated.
    Ebbywolf...thank you so very much for your post. It helps to know I'm not just some idiot, like some can imply. Thank you
    ebbywolfmyka728JrumRNsurvivor
    Mods or devs, is this true? Is it different for level 15 players than for level 17 or 19, etc.? I would like to know the reasons behind this, in order to better understand
    ebbywolfAngieMathesonmyka728
    Mrgrumpy, you're welcome

Mrgrumpy
    That does not seem to be the case. At level 19 trial 2 says level 19 recommended and there are 2 heavies and 15 regulars. My husband had less than that and he got thru all 5. He didn't even have that many when he completed the 5th. But thank you ncdawgfan.
    Mrgrumpymyka728
    Yes Dawgfan, thank you, but as Ebbywolf said, it does not seem to scale evenly. But it is frustrating
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,371
    The formula is this: -2 levels from your highest level, -1, same level, +1, +2
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    If that were the case my level 17 survivors would face level 19 walkers i, the final round. But in round 4 I am swarmed by a ton of walkers. Higher than 19 lvl. With no hope of avoiding the heavies, because there are so many walkers all around you
  • HaiyanHaiyan Member Posts: 156
    What i did was to position my guys in na area where i will not be surrounded. Makes it easier to focus in just one direction without worrying enemies behind you. In the next few turns a heavy will pop out right behind me. Shooting it is useless since it has like 4k health, so I'm faced with the decision to either run away from it and head into the direction of a group of lvl 20 walkers, or try to take the heavy down to avoid the group of walkers but risk getting stunned.

I took the former option and hoped i would dodge some of the attacks, which i did. Then i ran for the door to bail. Note that if you are 2 or more turns to get to the exit chances are you won't clear this trial.

FYI - i failed multiple times with this strategy. If you don't have good level of dodge you'll have a hard time.
    Mrgrumpy
  • lyndaronlyndaron Member Posts: 22
    It seems the sweet spot is to have level 9-13 survivors. They become unbalanced later since your damage does not increase at the same exponent as their health. I personally have level 17 survivors and am struggling with 2/5. All legendary with legendary weapons. However, piece of cake for members of my guild who are lower level, since it is scaled.
    Mrgrumpy
  • ZivaZiva Member Posts: 7
    I feel your pain! I have legendary 20s with maxed weapons and jackets, but in seconds I'm defeated on trial 4/5. Tried all I can think of but no luck so far...
    AngieMathesonJrumRNsurvivor
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @Mrgrumpy
    I used an Assault & a Scout & went to bottom left corner & killed all Walkers & Fatties from there. I also used my Scout in Overwatch mode a lot for the Fatties & not charged them (I also have Dodge & Interrupt that worked in my favor though)

Have you seen the videos from other players here in Forums? Like @Necroboogie or @Poppy ? Maybe they would be so kind as to post them here please?
    They may be of some help also!!

& like @zbot said.. if you could post some screenshots.. we could be of even more help :blush:

HTH
    -Rhonda
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • SlicerSlicer Member Posts: 4
    This is so hard to me, that I do not think I can get through it. I am sure there is a strategy but i have not figures it out. i m on 3 and I get creamwd immediately no matter what I do.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Pay attention to where the spawns are coming from.
    I used a shooter and a hunter - moving far enough away from spawns so that I can get overwatch/interrupt (if it worked) than counter-attack. I had a shooter with a charge bonus, which is helpful because if you can charge your shooter up as fast as possible the fatties become much more killable. I feel like in my case, I was retreating to behind the RV, then moving back down toward the RV door as I went.
    Don't know if your pattern is different - but don't be afraid to move around + use overwatch to slow them down.
    Top8dog
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2016
    rgerkman said:

@Mrgrumpy

I used an Assault & a Scout & went to bottom left corner & killed all Walkers & Fatties from there. I also used my Scout in Overwatch mode a lot for the Fatties & not charged them (I also have Dodge & Interrupt that worked in my favor though)

Have you seen the videos from other players here in Forums? Like @Necroboogie or @Poppy ? Maybe they would be so kind as to post them here please?

They may be of some help also!!

& like @zbot said.. if you could post some screenshots.. we could be of even more help :blush:

HTH

-Rhonda

Heres my Video @rgerkman refered to I employed the same tactics on all 5 trails hope it helps. @Mrgrumpy

rgerkmanTop8dogGrimGael
  • ErranttroopErranttroop Member Posts: 16
    My level 9 guys got through it all with just a couple fails. Sorry to hear you guys at the top are having so much trouble! I actually used a bruiser with the 'concussion skill' and a legendary scout. My whole goal was to avoid/stun since killing them was too difficult. Two hunters would almost work but ended up getting surrounded at the very end.