PSA : New Piercing Trait Now works for higher level walkers

KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
Edited: At first the piercing trait wasn't working for higher level walkers.


Thanks to @Shteevie and @Teeceezy the trait is now working on higher level walkers!

I just tested on walkers 25-30 and saw some piercing shots! It doesn't happen as often as we may like but I feel like this new trait one of the best ones to have now and a good way to counter-balance the nerfs we recently just had.


Thank you so much for this piercing trait!

We can now try many combos with it such as interrupt!

At least NG is giving us higher level players a chance to battle higher level walkers and that's a great step forward!

Good luck out there everyone!
Amazayncrambert_necharudsgnjesterTheLostOnesSlowMobubblesdocfinzenburgDeadBeatNecroboogieTop8dogBonz
«1

Comments

  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    @Kali Thanks. I had a couple of pieces of gear that I was considering upgrading with Gold Piercing and Gold Interrupt. Was guessing that a 30% chance of decrease in chance of body shot it probably limited and calculated the same way as how luck now works. So if there is a 100% chance of a body shot based on differential, a 30% chance reduction means still will be a 70% chance of a body shot. It could have some value I guess, but since no one knows what the odds are on anything, all sense of planning went out the door awhile ago. (Like when we were told base damage and health in survivors right in the game, now everything is obtuse.)
    MizTyTop8dog
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited October 2016
    Can you do some quick data tracking
    Survivor Level
    Walker level
    Number of shots*
    Number of hits*
    Number of body shot shots (per shot)*
    Number of body shot hits *

    *The reason I have split these is because didn't they make a change where a single shot hitting multiple targets is (more likely) going to do the same damage to all of them.
    So 1 shot hitting 4 walkers doesn't count as 4.

  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Ok, looks good :)
    jester
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    null
    thank you for the findings regarding to pierced shot
    Top8dog
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,397
    Thank you @KaLi I have a rifle with gold piercing and gold interrupt and had been debating on upgrading it! I think you just helped me save millions of XP!
    ⚔️ Leader: TheHerdReturned⚔️
    Top8dog
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,029
    Agh what's the point if it doesn't work when you need it most?!
    SgtSalamiTop8dog
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 934
    @KaLi I wish I can go through all the threads to find it, but I was sure Shteevie said that the new piercing shot trait on weapons will proc regardless of walker level.

    Did I read that wrong somewhere?

    Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    Top8dogjavajnkie
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    I sure hope you and @Shteevie are right Termicakes. I have a base level 20 legendary assualt weapon with gold piercing upgrading as we speak.
    Top8dog
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited October 2016

    @KaLi I wish I can go through all the threads to find it, but I was sure Shteevie said that the new piercing shot trait on weapons will proc regardless of walker level.

    Did I read that wrong somewhere?

    But the issue is still based on the odds of getting a body shot. At the extreme end, where the differential between survivor and walker means 100% chance of body shot, the piercing of 30% reduction means 70% chance still of a body shot. But in terms of weapons to look for Gold piercing and Gold interrupt are the ones I am looking for. Other combinations work out to be math seem to low (off my top of the head math, other combinations will be under 55% of interrupt working at best. Gold pierce with silver interrupt etc.)
    Top8dog
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Terminates thanks found that statement on pg 9 on combat discussion

    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16830/update-2-2-discussion-thread-combat-rebalancing/p9


    Maybe it's just a bug? Hopefully others with the piercing trait can let us know how their experience is like.
    Top8dog
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    i cant really confirm it myself cuz i havent tested it yet
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    NG policy is that we have to stop playing on maps RSL +5
    Top8dogInspTurbinesMizTy[Deleted User]
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Shteevie the changes to the way interrupt works have been documented. Can you confirm what changes were made to the way other traits work? It certainly appears that dodge and bullet dodge stop working when rec level is plus 3 or 4, is this the case for all traits now?
    Top8dogNiblet222MizTy
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Easy @Japes87. Your walking a fine line of what is and isn't constructive. Shteevie isn't required to do any of the sort. I won't hesitate to close this thread if it goes the same path.
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    So we will have 30% (gold) chance to avoid bodyshots regardless of level? Or it will decrease as levels goes up because of other factors?
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    Top8dogMizTy
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    Of course everything is subject to change just as my will to continue to play.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    Top8dog
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Bodyshot chance comes primarily from the level difference, and traits [bulletproof, armored walkers]. The level difference part increases as the enemy is more and more levels above the attacker. Piercing is a straight deduction from that total.

    At some levels, bodyshot chance will be really low, and this deduction will lower it to 0. At other levels, the bodyshot chance is quite high [say, an attacker level +4 armored walker], and the final bodyshot chance after the -30 is still quite high.

    Since we have a challenge starting soon and quite a few people have these weapons already, they should be able to feel the difference right away.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTy
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    edited October 2016
    So if Armoured Walkers lvl 22 has 70% of receiving bodyshots so with golden AP 30% - bodyshots chance will drop to 40%?
    70% -30%=40%
    @Shteevie
    Is it the way it works? Or we need to know quantum physics to count it...
    Top8dogInspTurbinesNiblet222MizTy
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    edited October 2016
    Steevie stated before that they don't want players to be math nerds while playing.
    Just relax and don't think too much about it.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Conan1976MizTy[Deleted User]
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    @JackBauer
    It doesn't explain why we shouldn't know how those 30% working.
    JackBauerTop8dogInspTurbinesMizTy
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    Shteevie said:

    Bodyshot chance comes primarily from the level difference, and traits [bulletproof, armored walkers]. The level difference part increases as the enemy is more and more levels above the attacker. Piercing is a straight deduction from that total.

    And KaLi showed with his tries, that the total you mention, @Shteevie, must be that high that even the pearcing trait won't reduce the total below 100% when reaching a certain walker lvl. And i ask myself, if this a fair design decision to make traits worthless at a certain point...
    Top8dogSgtSalamiNiblet222MizTy
Sign In or Register to comment.