Overwatch?

Can I get some clear explanations on Overwatch and why sometimes my characters don't do it? I know you need at least 1 point of stamina remaining at the end of your turn for it, that's not my issue. Just today I was playing a Scavenge mission and near the end I had all 3 of my characters grouped together in a corner (2 Hunters and a Shooter) and there was 1 walker directly next to my Shooter. I ended my turn without taking a single action so all 3 had full stamina and not a single one of them did an Overwatch and my Shooter got attacked. Yesterday I was using the same team and there was a walker with 14 HP 2 spaces away from my Shooter. I made sure to keep 1 stamina on him for the Overwatch and after I ended turn, my Shooter did nothing and the walker again just walked up and attacked. This only seems to happen with higher level walkers, my team was level 9,9,8 and the walkers were level 15 and when they're directly next to my people or within 2 spaces. At lower levels they can be right next to me and my Overwatch will work so I'm not entire sure what the issue is. One of my first thoughts was maybe they are doing the Overwatch but I'm just not seeing it and it's not killing him but I checked the walkers HP before I end the turn and then check it again on my next turn and it's the same so they're just not doing it.
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
MizTy

Comments

• Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Might also help to mention if your on a map with both raiders and walkers,. Chances are the over watch will avoid a raider and aim for the nearest walker,.. Which is annoying as hell
    MizTy_NoNameVudnik
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Japes87 said:

@DarkZero you need at least one grid space away from any walker for overwatch to engage. It will only work if walkers have to move to hit you

And that is bloody annoying, there should be something that any action from a walker will cause overwatch.
    MizTyVudnik
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited November 2016
    Your overwatch ranged survivors will always target the first thing that moves which will always be a walker versus a raider, unless there are only raiders in range and the part that truly makes no sense at all, they always target the farest away. Why shoot a walker 2 grids away when you can shoot one 6 grids away right? Makes perfect sense to me.
    Top8dog
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    There are so many things that need to be fixed about Over Watch. :grimace:

No wonder NG is asking our opinions to help prioritize it. :smiley:

It's a good offset to just relying on those fancy Strategic Marketing Analytics of Lab Rat Maze Engineering reports >:)

And we're funnier to boot! :mrgreen:
    Top8dogGrimGaelVudnik
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Kinda wish there was Overwatch for Both!! Once for Walkers & Once for Freemen!

Yupperzz!! Works for me!! :mrgreen:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    MizTyTop8dogRedEye52
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I've commented on this before. Some of my best lols.
    Top8dog
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Well then let me ask this question: Is there any use for Overwatch traits like Vigilant and Defensive Stance? If I see either of those traits on a character I consider that a wasted character and I try to send them back to the Cursed Earth as soon as possible. I don't see the point in wasting a turn to do (Half or third, I forgot what percent of damage) instead of full damage. Also, still only have level 9 characters, Council level 8, starting Episode 8 so if these traits are good I assume it's for the end-game?
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I am a big overwatch user, but I too see these as wasted traits, especially with interrupt crippled. I'll hang onto them if some traits are good, but definitely 2nd choice...
    One of my pet peeves is watching the first shooter interrupt a walker (when it does work) and the other two then fail to shoot it because it isn't moving anymore. Next on the list is when they wait for it to move multiple spaces then shoot it. Derp. Shoot it now, and shoot until it stops moving. It is that hard?
    I can forgive other shooters for not shooting a walker in contact with a survivor, really it would be easy to blow your friend's head off--if I had to think of an excuse for the AI. But if something grabbed at me, I'd empty the clip.
    MizTyRedEye52Top8dog