Outpost Bugs

SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
I was raiding and then logged out of the game. When I logged back in my shield was up (screenshot) so I checked my log (screenshot) and it appears as if my outpost was being raided while I was online raiding someone else.

My shield is still active right now so I am sure the sequence on the log is out of order.

The third screenshot is an unrelated issue that happened yesterday. Looks like "Kriss" might have had connection isssues but I got 15 influence points twice. Not that I'm complaining but Kriss might not be as happy
Sexybeast_T_12szgerg77Governator

Comments

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    @DLich
    Per your other post, here is the bug report I filed a while ago. Being raided while I am raiding. Never heard back from any one on the issue.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Oh wow I didn't see this. I woulda made my post in the big section but not sure if it's a bug.

If anyone can attack anyone even if they're online it's not a bug. But if the rules of raiding haven't changed it def is.

That third screen shot of yours is crazy. Double influence is cool but it's clearly impossible lol.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    It's really fun when it happens and your shield goes up but since you are already actively raiding you can continue to do so without disabling the shield! Just don't log out or you then have to disable to start raiding again.
    @Shteevie
    Please take a look at the new screenshot posted of my outpost log. People are definitely raiding my outpost while I am online raiding. Is this a bug or did the rules change?

@DLich is this still happening to you too?
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @SCBMA it happened twice this weekend. It happens when I'm playing for long periods of time in outposts. I typically raid in sets. When I hit a set of 10K TG's I'll take a few minute break. 10K TG's is roughly 20 outpost runs in a row (closer to 22-23 due to the peeps whom block the crate every so often).

There isn't any rhyme or reason behind it, the loss in the middle of playing from an opponent. It's random.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I think that this may be a bug, but I'm not 100% sure. It sounds like it benefits you at least a little, so thanks for reporting it. I'm passing it on to the developers for testing and evaluation.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    @Shteevie
    Appreciate it.
    @Shut_Up
    I believe your observations are spot on. A new event happened earlier today to me:
    I logged on and started raiding and about 20 minutes later an attack on my outpost log appeared and I lost 15 influence. So I kept raiding thinking that the shield message would appear after I logged off. I logged off and back on about 15 minutes later and a different person had attacked me and I lost another 14 influence. There never was a shield message that I was "disabling it".
    There are a few factors behind the scenes that players won't be aware of that contribute to these issues as well, but I'll forward @Shut_up's theories to the development team in the hopes that they shed some light on possible causes.

Thanks for the details and all of the obvious effort in writing them up, @Shut_Up!
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    SCBMA
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Shteevie I have a question about outposts. If a fully upgraded walker pit has 18 walkers, why is it that the most I ever face in a raid is 17? Is this a bug? I don't see how it could be possible that nobody I face has a maxed walker pit.
    Movado
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @Shteevie after you return from holidays, would you be so kind as to address the issue raised above by @quitJOSHin ? I, too, find it odd that 17 walkers are in outposts when a maxed outposts states (x13 normal, x3 armored, x2 Tanks). I understand special walkers can be removed and/or certain maps cannot accommodate all, but I seem to encounter 12 normals instead of 13.

My mathematics is sometimes off, but assuming I haven't lost count, why not 13 normal walkers on a maxed out outpost/walkerPit?
    quitJOSHin
    @Shteevie
    In addition to what @Shut_Up already documented, here is another scenario:
    I choose an opponent and take a few moments to assemble my team. When I hit the start button a message pops up telling me I can't raid because the player has come on line. The game forces me to back out and choose another opponent. When I do, the same player name appears and I am permitted to raid.
    That situation is very weird, @SCBMA

I Mimura have missed the messages about maximum walker counts as well. As an aside, what's the difference to you as an attacker? Just looking for more xp?
    SCBMA
    @Shteevie
    The "player has come online" is no longer an issue. I have received the message numerous times over the past few days and the game takes me to a new outpost. Thanks for whatever you did!
  • Mollie64Mollie64 Member Posts: 152
    I remember seeing some posts in the past about the # of walkers in outposts. I have run some raids this past week and have come across several outposts with 4 or 5 walkers. I thought this was a bug that was fixed?
    Guild member of REMNANTS -Open-
    We are a relaxed Guild. Just be active.
    A little communication goes a long way!!
    @szgerg77
    I see time gaps of 30 to 60 minutes before the raid appears on my log. The shield time appears to be correctly counted but there is a delay in posting the event it seems.
    Thanks for the notes on the outpost match results delays. I will propose them as a line of investigation to the engineers.

@Mollie64 That bug sadly persists; we have solved it for new players, but those that started before the change are still affected.
    SCBMA
  • Mollie64Mollie64 Member Posts: 152
    Thanks @Shteevie.
    Guild member of REMNANTS -Open-
    We are a relaxed Guild. Just be active.
    A little communication goes a long way!!
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Shteevie
    You didn't tag me so I missed your question about the max number of walkers.

But yes as an attacker the extra 500 xp per raid would be nice. As a defender, I figure I paid trade goods for that walker and he didn't show up for work so I'd kinda like a refund on his wages :)
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I have crappy WiFi and it cuts out all the time but raids are getting logged twice. Not fair to everyone.
    @Shteevie
    I have more screen shots of being raided when I was online raiding someone else and their raid took more than an hour to post to my log. Do you need them or are you already working on the fix?
  • HypnoticSoulHypnoticSoul Member Posts: 5
    A very nasty thing which happens to me while playing iOS iPad raiding outpost. Connection get lost, reconnection and battle decided automatically ... I lost a lot of influence because of that ... that sucks. Solve the problem.
    SCBMA
    @SCBMA
    I think @szgerg77 's telling of the tale is very accurate. The server needs to get a message from the attacker when the post-raid series of screens is finished. If they leave before the mission is completed, they will time out. Otherwise, the message is sent at the end of the reward process. This could possibly be why the raid info is only posted an hour later, while you are online.

It's hard to fully investigate these things in a safe [non-live] environment; part of what could be causing the issues is the number of users and interactions at any one time. However, some of that we can do analytically by combing server data.
    @Shteevie
    I don't understand what you mean by "the end of the reward process". When you finish a raid that is posted to the raiders account immediately. How could it take over an hour to post to my account as the defender?
    There are some screens between the end of the raid and returning to the menus. Granting the rewards happens immediately, but the timers and such don't always start until the player is fully back in the camp or mission hub. So, I think they finished the raid, collected the TG, and then left the app [maybe shut off the phone]. When they return an hour later and complete the process to return to the mission hub, the game sends the server message that the match happened and the info appears in your log.
    @Shteevie
    So in that process, if I am the defender and the raider beat my defense and then logged out thus not recording an event to my log, would my outpost still appear in another person's search as "raidable" because I don't technically have a shield in place?
    edited February 2017
    Well, someone in this thread [I think it was you?] stated that when you see events like these, the shield timer had started running already by the time that you saw the delayed message in your log. We have a task in the backlog to examine the point at which the messages are sent, and to find out if there is a reason why we can't move it ahead in the process.