Guild recruitment advertising

The leader of my group just gave up and left me in charge
I paid 100 gold to advertise for new members, as there are only 10 of us
I didnt get a single request
What was the point in that? I feel if i dont even get a request i should get my gold back.
Im about ready to be done with this whole guild thing
/rant

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,949
    Be patient. It can take 24 hours for it to kick in. I had that happen the last time I did an advertisement. I thought I got ripped off and then... BOOM! 7 requests pending.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 577
    @addicted4life The guild ad system is very buggy and doesn't work well. You may have to put forth multiple ads for it to work. When it works you will have a tidal wave of requests, and can pick and choose who you keep. However, if you put in a request with support for the gold back when it doesn't work, they will return you the gold since they know that their system isn't designed well and fails frequently. I only had it work twice out of the 5 times I used it. After 2 weeks, I eventually had my 300 gold returned to me. Sometimes you can get the gold back quicker as happened with another guild mate of mine ( put in 5 requests and only 1 worked-gold back in 2 days).
    MizTy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    That really sucks... But we had a similar experience and so stopped using gold to advertise. We found our members through the forum and on Facebook, too.

It takes quite some patience but by now we have an awesome guild. It's also possible for you. :smile:
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    docfinzenburgMizTySCBMAabe
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    See PM
    addicted4lifeMizTy
  • Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2016
    I started a new guild in August, advertised 2 times an the guild was full. I had so many applicants, I had to log in every hour to handle them.

3 weeks ago I started another guild. I invested 1500 gold for advertisement, but I only got 2 applicants. 2 in 23 days.
    ---
    --- "Daryls Spirit - die SoD für Nichtlästerschwestern" ---
    SgtSalami
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    From my own perspective it helps more to open a thread in the guild recruitment section. All of the 20 members sent in a membership application bc of the frequently post in the forum. We ("Geehrte Helden") are absolutely happy with the members and still on no vacancy. B)
    MizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    I just happily joined a new guild and while doing that accidently clicked the advertised guild instead of the searched one. Why am I telling you this ... before leaving the "wrong" guild I looked at their chat and saw that the newly founded guild was filling up very quickly by the minute. I think they had at least 10 new members within 10 minutes due to advertising (even though it is not an ideal time accoording to @stuffnthangs).
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @addicted4life
    It is a known issue & Support is on it. If you are not satisfied with the Ad & recieve no requests.. send Support a Ticket & they will reimburse you :blush:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    addicted4lifeJiltedProphetMizTy
  • addicted4lifeaddicted4life Member Posts: 27
    Thanks guys

Out of the 10 of us, only about 4 of us will get over the 100 stars. Slightly frustrating as i can easily achieve 250, but whats the point in carrying the ines that get only 20 or so
  • addicted4lifeaddicted4life Member Posts: 27
    Not sure how to reply to your pm camel, but sure i will.
    NO one else in my guild talks, the original guy that ran it did. he literally changed me from member to leader, demoted himself, and said "gg all, im out" and then left
    I know he was frusterated with recruiting and players only getting 20ish stars too
    MizTy
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,084
    edited October 2016
    I just got a support response this morning from last week. They refunded my 100 gold and suggested I not advertise until the system is fixed.
    gespuerMizTyaddicted4lifeSgtSalami