REPEATABLES - Poll To See Who Wants To Keep Who Wants Gone and reasons

2»

Comments

• Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 130
    I play repeatables but want them gone because
    Playing Repeatables is making NG rich. You could do it for your guild or your ranking position, but in the end it's just sending money to Finland. Maybe some of you could just think about NOT doing so.

Keep your money and keep your fun. =)
    ---
    --- Breaking Deads ---
    --- Don't forget to join the Guild Council - let's work together to make this game great again ---
    --- Click here to send me a personal message.
    --- "I founded three guilds and left them to play at a fourth one. Happy? Somehow yes." ---
    ArtisansLoewe1968Cross
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,872
    I play repeatables and want them to stay because
    I have fun with my guid mates and it's a big source of xp and supplies
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Top8dog
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    I don't care either way because
    @Top8dog cheers now I understand a bit more I got no shot of making top 50 global (maybe local) so repeatables like that don't really bother me (although if they end up with a weekly or Fortnightly star individual list my opinion may change on the matter) lol
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738

@Top8dog cheers now I understand a bit more I got no shot of making top 50 global (maybe local) so repeatables like that don't really bother me (although if they end up with a weekly or Fortnightly star individual list my opinion may change on the matter) lol

You and me both lol,.. Been 3000 short of top fifty for as long as I can remember,. I'm just concentrating on local board for now,.. Can see progress in that board,.
    You have to excuse my posts,.. If they sound any way argumentative or in a assertive manner,. Not very good at expressive typing,. Why I keep getting in trouble lol
    Mean no harm from it n love all the differing opinions mate
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    javajnkieCaptainslayer
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    I'd like them repeatables gone because
    Do you like all repeatables @Amazayn ? Or are the certain maps/type of maps you would want to see removed? Videos or pictures would be a great example and I'm sure help to understand the debate better.

Personally, I was a fan of the interrupt type of repeatable, but of course those no longer exist.
    Top8dog
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    This whole debate reminds me of a joke I used to tell my clients:
    What's the difference between a developer and an environmentalist?
    The developer wants to build a house in a wetland; the environmentalist already has one there.

Its all about perspective.
    NerfMeSidewaysTop8dog
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    Top8dog said:

Yes guys,.. This is probably the one serious thread iv posted,.. The polls showing what everyone's (majority) thinking

Staying on topic: How does 21 votes for repeatables fall under the category of "everyone" &/or the majority of the player base? :|
    Top8dog

Top8dog said:

Yes guys,.. This is probably the one serious thread iv posted,.. The polls showing what everyone's (majority) thinking

Staying on topic: How does 21 votes for repeatables fall under the category of "everyone" &/or the majority of the player base? :|

Ahhhh I see what you mean,... Because it should have said everyones comments (majority) thinking,.. When I edited to include (majority) I must have deleted the word comments out by mistake,..

I thank you kindly for spotting it as I had missed it and shall correct it shortly
    Thank you nerfmesideways,.. :blush:
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

NerfMeSideways
    @kryptonix

Just out of curiosity,...
    Is not every game we play on nml a repeat?
    Once youv done one lvl on every map surely it's a repeatable map
    Be it challenges,. Raids or scavenge maps it's a repeating process

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

@Top8dog I believe your purpose of this thread was to find out about 'repeatables'. This term has been coined in this forum and this community as maps playable well beyond their RSL and generally ad nauseam.
    Top8dog
    @Top8dog
    Should you maybe be more specific with your poll then? Does your poll target a specific audience (ex: high level players only poll)? Is it for challenge missions or scavenger maps?
    Top8dog
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    edited November 2016
    This thread has been pruned. Because this thread is very much appreciated by the community, as illustrated by the many votes and contributions, it is now back on the boards. Please keep your contributions civil and on topic.
    Further disregard for the rules will result in loss of forum privileges.
    Teeceezyggbats
    edited November 2016

@Top8dog
    Should you maybe be more specific with your poll then? Does your poll target a specific audience (ex: high level players only poll)? Is it for challenge missions or scavenger maps?

It simply applies to absolutely anyone who wants to add their opinion to the question at the top,... No specifics anyone with an opinion is very welcome to post ,. As I said all good and bad accepted by me,.. The mods may view differently on the type or level of bad tho,.. But that's their jobs

@kryptonix

My purpose is to find out all opinions with hopefully not adding any bias to the fact I love repeatables,.. I guess I was looking if someone had an opinion on this as you asked amazyan if it was specific maps and that you also mentioned you liked the interupt repeatables,.. I thought I could get a good response that maybe comes from a player with no preference of either good or bad,..For me there is not really any right or wrong posts just opinions,..

I do see all the maps and most games as repeatables,. It's just a matter of what level an individual gets bored or is prepared to push too if that makes sence,.
    I am totally intreasted in getting all sides to the arguement,..

Like is it a
    boredom issue
    Ego issue (both ways)
    Bragging rights
    Fairness

When I originally posted this poll there was a hell of a lot of debating/fighting happening all across the forum,. I just wanted us to all be able to understand each other's points of view,.. Maybe so we can all look at it from a different perspective to our own thoughts,. And to try and find which way the majority of voices swung too, if any,. But In a civil way of course tho,..

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

NerfMeSideways
    100% agree with your post @Top8dog ... good job with that and thanks for taking the initiative of creating this poll. Everyone should and needs to feel safe in posting on any forum thread.
    Top8dog
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    ITS PERSONAL CHOICE I care less If someone want to repeat the challenge a million times why should anyone else . If ya mi d yo biness then ya won't be mindin mine.
    Why the all caps @Ovidmikel ... you feel like shouting dog? Yo!
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    Wait...whats a repeatable? Is it the scavenger mission for food, xp or gear?
    foxx70
    @jim_james I believe a repeatable, in this poll, refers to two things:

1) Making your way up to lvl 30 recommend challenge maps, figuring out the pattern, and continuously repeating to maximize your stars

2) Scavenger missions are the maps where you go looking for XP, tomatoes, or equipment which also fall under repetitive
    For me, it's a boredom/time issue mixed with a competitive issue sprinkled with a FTP issue.

I'd like to assist a top 10 team (though I'd prefer more of a reward for doing so), but doing so in an environment with limitless stars available for those that have more time/money, and repeating the same skill over and over removes the fun/skill element we should be looking for in a game.
    NerfMeSidewaysTop8dog
    Good points @kryptonix
    edited November 2016
    The way I personally see it is that repeatables give the oppertunity for the free-2-play players to be able to compete in this game with the big spenders,.. To lose them would be a mighty big blow for f2p,.. Something I thought NG was completely for

I can garentee that allowing these to continue will far more make f2p dip in their pockets than taking away there best route of success,.. Unless of course NG want to blend back into the world of pay 2 play gaming,. Which would be a real shame

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

MizTyggbats
    I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that ftp can compete with the top guys that spend, without multiple full gas there is no way to get a 1000 stars.
    Assuming you sleep like a normal person without full gas I can't see anyone getting past 500 stars but in saying that ptp should always have an advantage over ftp or else why would you spend

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    SCBMA

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that ftp can compete with the top guys that spend, without multiple full gas there is no way to get a 1000 stars.

Assuming you sleep like a normal person without full gas I can't see anyone getting past 500 stars but in saying that ptp should always have an advantage over ftp or else why would you spend

I am indeed a registered insomniac,.. And survive on just a couple of hours sleep a day :wink:

Due to the vastly improved petrol prices,.. Extra gas you can pull,. Not to mention 8gas for tg's Plus considering a lot people discount the gas booster as p2p,.. Hitting 500 on free play is very possible,.. But Let's say like me,. You buy one or two gas boosters a week only during challenges,.. On say the last day or two days to maximise free gas usage,. It's very double to hit 500-800 stars,. Probably more if I had time to keep pushing mate

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

MizTy
    @Top8dog that's what i thought a couple boosters to help,I'll get back to you in a few months if it's possible to get to 500 with out boosters (my guys are still lvl 18) lol

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    Top8dogMizTy
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I don't care either way, they took away interrupt so it is almost impossible now.
    Top8dog
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2016
    @NerfMeSideways
    What are these patterns people figure out? Im oblivious to this

I usually get stuck at the 200 star mark
    edited November 2016
    @jim_james here is a thread you could read that might give you insight: Maximizing Challenge Stars

Hope this helps dude!
    Top8dog