How many are the Supplies worth per Gold ?

I've searched the forum and found out that 1 Gold worth 150 XP , how about Supplies ?

Best Answer

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538
    edited October 2016 Accepted Answer
    Supplies and "time" are the one thing I've seen that changes price the closer it gets to needing 0

Meaning it's "on average" 120k supplies per 100 gold BUT when you need let's say 1.2 mil supplies it's more than 120K per 100 gold.

The best way you can determine this is by seeing his much gold you'd need to upgrade something vs the amount of supplies needed.

In my picture below I need 4.35 million and it would cost 2093 gold.

This is roughly 2,078 supplies per gold or 207,800 supplies per 100 gold.

As the number of supplies of need gets lower the number of gold needed gets lower BUT it's not linear. Meaning the 2,078 supplies per gold will drop to 1,200 supplies per gold and so forth.

You need more gold the further away you are from necessary supplies BUT the gold to supplies ratio goes way down the closer you are to needing 0

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Top8dog_NoNamePirateCreed

Answers

PirateCreed
    Lastly, if I recall, XP is infact linear. The ratio always remains 150 XP per gold.

PirateCreed
  • PirateCreedPirateCreed Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2016
    @DLich
    Wow , thanks for the detailed information !

So it is more beneficial to purchase the supplies with gold when the values between current available supplies and remaining supplies needed to upgrade are greater .
    DLich
    edited October 2016
    Yes and no...

Yes in the sense that you will get a way better Supplies to gold ratio when you need more BUT you'd have to drop alot of gold to do it. If gold is something you are in high supply of then yes, the more you need the better ratio you will get.

No in the sense that I can't see spending 2093 gold to "rush" the supplies needed because of the huge value of gold needed. Yes at higher needed supply you'll get a better ratio, but 2093 gold (in my example) is not something I'm willing to part with.

I tend to think the players who purchase the 14,000 Gold for $100 would be the ones that wouldn't think twice at spending 2093 for the 4.35 million supplies. In that sense it would be beneficial to them to upgrade it now.

Hope that helps explain it better.

Edit - @PirateCreed I see what you're saying. If you need 6 million supplies is it better at any certain value needed to buy specifically is it better to buy when you need more than you have (example 6 million supplies needed to upgrade something, you have 2.9 million and need 3.1 million)

I think the best answer is really how you value gold. If you're a free player odds are you won't spend any gold to rush anything with the exception of maybe every now and again when you need that last little bit before you're going to bed or something and you want to have it start upgrading while you're asleep.

If gold means nothing to a player, it's always the best ratio of supplies to gold to do it right away. You'll always get the most "bang for your buck" regarding supplies to gold ratio to MORE you need.

PirateCreed
  • PirateCreedPirateCreed Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2016
    @DLich

I agree , spending that much gold to purchase remaning supplies is not really a good idea unless it is just few supplies away to upgrade the building right before going to bed.

Anyway , I was experimenting whether spending another 25 gold bars during crate unlocking scene to get the extra 3 unlocks to open 3 more crates would worth it in the Supplies scavenge missions and XP scavenge missions on Hard mode (Level 20 survivors recommended).

In Supplies scavenge missions , a bronze crate gives about average of 7k supplies , a silver crate gives about 18.5k supplies and a gold crate gives about 35k supplies .

Let's assume there is either only a silver ticket or a gold ticket during crate unlocking scene .

If I spent 25 gold bars to open 3 more crates , which is 3/6 chance to draw a silver or a gold crate since there are 6 remaining crates to open , then the results could be :
    i. 3 bronze ( Avg supplies : 21k supplies )
    ii. 2 bronze and 1 silver ( Avg supplies : 32.5k supplies )
    iii. 2 bronze and 1 gold ( Avg supplies : 49k supplies )

According to your answer above , the average ratio of supplies to gold bar is 1.2k to 1 . That means 25 gold bars equal to average of 30k supplies .
    Then the first result would be a loss of 9k supplies . Second result profits 2.5k more supplies . Last result profits the most with 19k more supplies .

In XP scavenge missions , a bronze crate gives about average of 4.7k XP , a silver crate gives about 11k XP and a gold crate gives about 27k XP .

Again , with the same principle for the crate unlocking scene on above . I would get 3 results :
    i. 3 bronze ( Avg XP : 14.1k XP )
    ii. 2 bronze and 1 silver ( Avg XP : 20.4k XP )
    iii. 2 bronze and 1 gold ( Avg XP : 36.4k XP )

The fixed ratio of XP to gold bar is 150 to 1 . So 25 gold bars equal to 3.75k XP .
    Well , all of the result is a big profit ! As you can see the first result would always surpass 3.75k XP , profiting 10.35k more XP which also equal to 69 gold bars . Second result profits 16.65k more XP which also equal to 111 gold bars . Last result profits the most with 32.65k more XP which also equal to 218 gold bars !

Conclusion , spending 25 gold bars for the extra 3 unlocks in the XP scavenge missions really profits much more than the Supplies scavenge missions .
    Just only a bronze crate in XP scavenge missions , then you are already in profit . However , for the Supplies scavenge missions , even 4 bronze crates would likely not compensate for the spent 25 gold bars .
    DLich
    @PirateCreed I see what you're saying and I like your logic on this subject. I always looked at using 25 gold for 3 more unlocks as a waste of gold personally but that's only because I would never use gold to buy the remaining xp or supplies needed to upgrade something.

But I like where your mind is and your numbers do hold true.

Top8dogPirateCreed