Guild Management Tools

I have an idea for a very simple 'bang for the buck' change that I believe would help many guilds with their weekly guild management. Many guild families have developed and grown over time where s single 'guild family' might consist of 3, 4, 5 or more individual guilds. I assume that many guilds look at players' star production in order to determine who gets promoted to the 'A' team etc. Currently, this is a very clunky, manual time consuming process. Here's what I propose - allow a guild leader and elders to download a very simple CSV file that provides the data needed. The most simple file would look like this:

PLAYER NAME, TOTAL STARS

You could get fancy and include other data elements like bonus stars, stars per challenge map, etc... but at least the player name and total stars would be needed. Yes, I realize that this wouldn't affect a huge portion of players, but it would increase the 'quality of life' for those who manage large organizations. Also, the resources needed to create a 2 data field CSV file are minimal to say the least. If your guild has a similar process and this would help out, feel free to like/agree comment etc. What do you say, @Shteevie, any chance? This isn't asking to see how the sausage is made... it's just a simple two data field tool to help with guild management.
Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

PowerUKFester17jacobwiedhatMark_wendy_JackBauerArtisansWalkerballzjesterNataNxyMarie__GagaWeekOneakiOneLessTitanFunGamingTrashcapibaraKillersZromeo

Comments

• FunGamingTrashFunGamingTrash Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2016
    I like the idea but I think they should add something more like have someone start ex. Guild 1 then have someone start Guild 2 and Guild 1 can send a request to Guild 2 to "chain" if you will the guilds. Then the leader from Guild 1 can see chat,elders,members,stars, ect.
    Thanks
    crambert_nec_wendy_Artisans
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388
    @Shteevie - any chance of this or other guild management 'quality of life' changes? I have some ideas, but there's no need to take the time to jot them down if they don't stand a snowball's chance of being implemented or considered due to your backlog. Thanks!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

• GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    FYI...there's a forum for Ideas and Suggestions.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I would love that feature!!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    WalkerballzWeekOne
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388
    Shteevie said:

I think I would prefer if guild management would actually be made into a feature of the game, rather than something that you have to do with outside tools. Maybe guild leaders could simply swap guild members before a challenge started, rather than a process that requires three people? Maybe we can expand guild chat to include all of the guilds in the 'family'?

These are the kinds of features I have on my wishlist for guild functionality. I'm going to try to get them to you later this year.

@Shteevie - thanks for the response. Yes, in-game tools would absolutely be preferable, but I like to aim for low hanging fruit, and you don't get much lower than a CSV file. ;-) With that said, being able to connect a number of guilds in a guild family so the Guild Leader and Elders can take action across guilds is absolutely on my wish list. Even better if, as you say, I can move someone from guild A to guild B without having to kick them, wait for an invitation and accept them. Not to mention having to wait for a rep from every guild to post a screenshot of star production, etc. Having all members see production across all guilds in real time would also be very helpful and certainly motivating to some people.

Expanding guild chat to include all guilds in a 'family' would also be extremely helpful. Some great thoughts in this thread.

StelioJulialicious
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Shteevie said:

I think I would prefer if guild management would actually be made into a feature of the game, rather than something that you have to do with outside tools. Maybe guild leaders could simply swap guild members before a challenge started, rather than a process that requires three people? Maybe we can expand guild chat to include all of the guilds in the 'family'?

These are the kinds of features I have on my wishlist for guild functionality. I'm going to try to get them to you later this year.

I absolutely love this idea. Thank you @Shteevie
    WalkerballzDer
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @morbis02 / @Shteevie : I love this discussion. Instead of an invitation, can't we just kinda "plop" them in the appropriate guild or would the invitation automatically put the player in the appropriate guild and we wouldn't have to wait for the player to accept the invitation?

My wish is to have the guild movements done quickly and seamless so the guild leaders/elders can get on with their day.

WO

Troublemaker
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    Different from what is being talked about here, but the ability to type out a paragraph in chat would be awesome instead of having to break it up into several short messages.
    SmokeandMirrors
    I also notice a friends tab in the score board section, but can't seem to do anything with it. Is that something that will be in the future? Ability to add friends and maybe be able to send private messages? Being able to communicate in game would be fantastic rather than having to get everyone on whatsapp or similar app.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Rocketman said:

I also notice a friends tab in the score board section, but can't seem to do anything with it. Is that something that will be in the future? Ability to add friends and maybe be able to send private messages? Being able to communicate in game would be fantastic rather than having to get everyone on whatsapp or similar app.

Guild chat is due for a big upgrade. That is part of the package that we're looking at in the 2.6 or 2.7 range. The friends feature works with facebook, I think, but very very few of our players use the feature. I'm guessing that we'll deprecate that and use the space on the screen for something more interesting.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    WeekOneNataNxyTroublemakerSmokeandMirrors
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    It would be great if we could see weekly challenge results by individual similar to how the guild results are reported. I'm not proposing that NG should do away with the historical individual leaderboard that currently exists but a player that started 6 months ago and scores 450 or 500 stars on a challenge, has no idea how that compares to other high level players outside their guild family. If at the end of every challenge, the Top 50 individual scores globally and locally were available, a newer player could easily see how their results compared to legends of the game like @Terminates, @Amazayn or @Sekushi. Thanks for your consideration @Shteevie.
    Ahhhh don't use Facebook so I guess that's why I didn't know lol. Log in with Facebook and complete nightmare 14 are my only 2 achievements left.

But that is great to hear about guild chat being upgraded in the future.
  • SteinarSteinar Content Creator Posts: 96
    Is there any new information on the topic?
    https://twd-nml.de

Wir informieren euch über Neuigkeiten rund um das Spiel, verraten die Tipps und Tricks der Profis und schreiben Leitfäden für die verschiedenen Spielmodi.

Facebook

Troublemaker
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 377
    I'm a member of an independent guild so a lot of these requests don't affect me.

However if you are looking at amending the guild dynamics @Shteevie could you please consider increasing the leaderboards from 50 to 100?

Also the ability to view the date that the player joined the guild would be nice especially for those that value loyalty and longevity over star counts.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    SmokeandMirrorsJaden
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Investing into leaderboards and bumping competition would be a gold mine for NG.

Just saying it.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    @Steinar Steinar later this year and this year isn't over yet... NG has 10 days to live up to their word if not we should all demand FREE RADIOS
    mik81Steinar
  • SteinarSteinar Content Creator Posts: 96
    Drunken said:

@Steinar Steinar later this year and this year isn't over yet... NG has 10 days to live up to their word if not we should all demand FREE RADIOS

That would be a great idea. But is this gonna work?
    A radio can always be used.

Maybe a guild extension will be added in the next update.

by Translater
    https://twd-nml.de

Wir informieren euch über Neuigkeiten rund um das Spiel, verraten die Tipps und Tricks der Profis und schreiben Leitfäden für die verschiedenen Spielmodi.

Facebook