How do I find level appropriate gear?

My survivors are level 11. I recently unlocked the Assault class, so I'm trying to scavenge for better gear, since everything I've found so far is 1 and 2 star gear. I've been trying the Equipment scavenge missions, but Normal and Hard don't give me anything useful. Normal gives me level 8-10 gear and Hard gives me level 12-14 gear. I can find it in 3 levels in either direction, but not level 11. I'm also not finding anything with 3-4 stars, but I know that's just luck and the RNG.

So I guess my question is: how can I find good level 11 gear? Should it be this hard to get gear for my level?

Comments

• OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    This page hasn't been updated for a while, but it should still hold true for the level of gear you are looking for. Probably Trade Good Crates are your best bet. Personally, I wouldn't invest too much in finding that gear. I know you want it now, but in a couple weeks, you'll probably be looking for higher level gear.

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/how-do-i-get-level-xx-gear/

If you are looking for a specific class of gear, at the level of your highest survivor in that class, then the 12,500 Trade Good crates during the potential "assault week" would be your best chance at getting that gear, but it's expensive.
    rgerkman
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Do a lot of scavenge gear missions in hard mode & opening gold ticket will increase your chances opening epic & legendary equipment, or you can raid a lot of outposts(just use assault to stun defenders & scout to take the trade goods then complete the raid) then use trade goods to buy them in the shop.
    eb23
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    @OneLessTitan
    I don't think I'll ever have that many TG, lol. It's just very frustrating to not get usable gear from a gear scavenge mission.
    GrimGaelMizTyJaden
    @Monsuta
    that's the problem. Hard missions give me gear I can't use, because it's all above me. I won't be leveling up my survivors any time soon, and I haven't found ANY decent gear for my new assault class,
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @RedEye52
    Then try the normal mission, usually you can earn more xp by killing more walkers with lower staring level.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    What @OneLessTitan said!! 100% :mrgreen:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    DLichMizTyKARAZIPKALIromeo
    Thanks for the tips.

@OneLessTitan I actually only get between 200-300 TG each raid, which is why it's so tough. I almost always do the quick grab, but I hate it when I can't reach them in one turn. That turns into serious hospital time really quick. So I may get 5 raids in a row with easy TG, then 5 in a row without any, or whatever else happens. So saving up 12.5k, while also trying to get hero tokens, radios, etc. is nearly impossible right now. Plus, that's just a lot for a single item.

I suppose I'll keep working on the gear scavenging as best I can for now. I really appreciate the input from everyone. :smiley:
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    edited November 2016
    Just to pull back the veil a bit, enjoy that +level gear while you can. You have something to look forward to. Guess what happens when you have 20th level (previously 19th level) survivors. Spoiler alert. Trying spoiler tag out, bear with me:
    <div class="Spoiler">they are almost all -1 or 2 levels</div>
    RedEye52romeo
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 102
    I also have level 11 survivors and have had the same problem as the OP since they streamlined the mission selection.
    RedEye52
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Have you tried repeating the season 7 mission in easy or hard mode over and over,.. It sometimes produces good gear in gold boxes,.. Some times the traits can be of more benifit than the actual lvl,.. Except damage of course,.. It's repetitive but only costs 1 gas a run
    MizTy
    Interesting...are you seeing a successful use of the spoiler tag and it doesn't show when I view it, or did I misunderstand the syntax and it does not work that way? I wanted to check it out when I'm just messing around and don't really need it.
    MizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Nope. Didn't work @GrimGael
    Sorry :(
    GrimGael
    Where then, pray tell, did I go wrong?
    @Top8dog I tried that, but the levels are too low. Episode 2, even on Hard, only uses survivor level 7. So it doesn't help with gear.
    Top8dog
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    Is there really no easy way to get gear for your exact level? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Bundle gear is set to your level. TG Crate gear is always within 1 of your level. Scavenge missions for your gear are always within 1 of your level. TG Reward crates, cinema crates, and Story mission rewards are always close assuming you are keeping up with your building upgrades.

Hope that helps.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGaelOneLessTitanRedEye52romeo
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Shteevie -- so you guys completely overhauled the gear drops in all aspects of the game??

Assuming you guys didn't change all the drop rates and mechanics of gear drops, all I can say is that at least you started off with a truth. Then followed that with numerous statements that may sometimes be true, but not because of the reasons you listed. If you did change the mechanics, my apologies for not reading that anywhere.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2016
    RedEye52 said:

@OneLessTitan
    I don't think I'll ever have that many TG, lol. It's just very frustrating to not get usable gear from a gear scavenge mission.

@RedEye52
    You can get that many TG's by raiding outpost for the tg's only
    I wanted two legendary Scout armors yesterday and had to raid outpost to get the 25k tg's
    Plus I raided to get 4000 tg's for the tokens in the store
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    All this gear in this pic came from the 12.5k offers in the store
    And I have more than this now since this screen shot was taken a couple weeks ago

Outpost raiding for tg's only is work, but it's the only way to get good gear since crates are a crap shoot

GrimGaelRedEye52romeo
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Personally I can't understand why anyone would complain when they get great gear (giggidy) above their level. I would LOVE to already have stuff waiting so I it makes it that much easier.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    MadPuppyhunter_x
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @DarkZero

I'm level 15. If you're playing Hard Scavange missions to Hunt for decent epic and Legendary gear of your own level, you don't want to walk away with a bunch of level 17/18 craptastic common to rare gear. That’s just waste of gas.
    RedEye52JadenAvengers
    Wait until you get to max level, lol. Ahhh, good times.
    @DarkZero sure, that would be great. But we know that "great" gear is tough to find. I get 1 and 2 star gear that's 2 levels above me, for example. Completely useless, except for xp. Plus, I play slowly, so leveling up takes a long time, and I have no interest in rushing through the game.
    @Shteevie Thanks for all your hard work!
    MizTy
  • SolCuttaSolCutta Member Posts: 27
    +shteevie... I hate keep hearing this towards the 'end of the game'... All walking dead was designed to be unending or as near seeming as is humanly possible.. Obviously everything ends eventually but this game I feel, needs to have programmers/makers commit to the idea of making this game so there is no end of game, concentrate more on keeping ur top level players occupied with separate ultra hard levels in large amounts.. Is there a reason leveling up must complete at a point? I'm new to mobile games. But all these challenge levels, once challenge finished could they not be reincorperated into hard levels for maxed out players or is this not the issue u find with these high level players needs in the game to keep interested/occupied. Maybe I asked some dumb questions but I repeat I'm new to mobile games but love the whole walking dead universe.
  • weakkneesweakknees Member Posts: 2
    Total noob here, not just to TWD but any game of this type. It is now 2020 and as rules often change and I don't know what the rules are anyway, can you please clarify. Does my equipment level have to match the level of survivor using it? Am I right to think then that items at a lower or higher level than my survivors cannot be used? I tried changing them out in the screen for the individual survivor and they appear to hold the new gear, so I thought that meant they could use it. When I upgrade an item does it up level the item regardless of the survivor level I am on? I think what confuses me is does upgrading just upgrade the trait, the item level, or both. Sorry to appear totally stupid guys.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 29
    When you go the "Workshop" and click on any piece of equipment, it will bring up that equipment's data screen. From the top left it will list the equipment name, rarity (star level), equipment level, and required survivor level.

The required survivor level does not change even if you upgrade the equipment. So your survivors can always use equipment that is the same, or lower level than them. They can also use equipment that has been upgraded to a higher level than them as long as they are at least at the "required survivor level" on the equipment. Also, as a note, this required level will always be the same as the starting level of the equipment before it has been upgraded.
    hunter_x