which scout weapon would you use?

which weapons would be great for a scout weapon
i have 2 scouts which i want to fully utilised. does critical chance stacks? says with carol as team leader? or would luck be better with carol since she does not has luck trait?

Comments

• Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    I love threat reduction on my scouts!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Don't like hammer being a scout weapon.
    How can you "brain stab" a walker or a raider with a hammer?
    Shouldn't a hammer be a bruiser weapon for blunt force trauma?
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Instead of suggesting a trait OP doesn't have or discussing esthetics....

I like Swift Strike and Critical. So I'd either go for the Hammer or the Ragtag.
    horrormathersRedEye52
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Well, my 5 cents. Because of swift strike I say small axe or hammer, but ragtag with both criticals and deadly...pretty nice dmg dealer.
    RedEye52
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    Hammer. Critical gold + luck gold is a whole lotta critical chance (highest possible). Swift strike already 36%, add a little luck from survivor and you get 40% at least.

Purely from a swift strike pov the small axe is better though.
    40% for starters and up to 7% more with luck on survivor (unless purple star survivor then max is higher)
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited November 2016
    @Jinki -- personally, id keep using the small axe you have upgraded as an interrupt weapon. I don't like having interrupt and swift strike on the same weapon, but it will serve the purpose of interrupting just fine.

If you're looking for a more attacking weapon, then the hammer is my preference based on what you have.
    rgerkmanGrimGaelRedEye52
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,262
    Hammer and Ragtag.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575
    With the buffs to Swift Strike and Luck, I would definitely go with the Hammer. Increased chance of critical is also great.
    RedEye52
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    I'd roll with the bowie knife. Critical damage for the situations where you can't rely on luck (use of Brain Stab) and increased chance to get lucky and deal even more damage ("accidental" critical hit). 100% interruptor works in outpost raids and even if opponent dodges, they still get interrupted.
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Interesting to see that out of 4 choices all 4 choices have been picked at one point :D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    MadPuppy
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Maybe for mostly aesthetic reasons, I don't run scout weapons without swift strike. That's what makes a scout a scout for me. I kept the faith when it was broken, when it was fixed a few weeks, then broken again, and fixed again. Gold interrupt, though brokenish, rounds it out, giving the scout some defense and with that and mobility, you can defend others as well. Add in a little extra damage being pumped out with each strike, and the small axe is the most versatile, in my view.
    Ragtag for sheer brutality.
    With that, both aspects of scout life are covered.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @Monsuta
    It is a carpenter's claw hammer. Flip it around and strike with the claw, not the hammer part. Excellent piercing performance, but I agree there's a high probability of getting stuck with the highly curved models. The heads are typically under 1 kg, so not very authoritative in a bashing role. Rather their small diameter make for depressed skull fractures, the very worst kind. Not that I have experience, mind you...
    DarkZeroMonsutajammin
  • JinkiJinki Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2016
    i am using the small axe currently for outpost raids on my glenn. I am leaning towards the hammer for carol since she does not has luck on her. So i am not sure how it will stack. And will it be better if i just max out her critical chance with ragtag? Or crit chance after a certain level becomes useless? and luck will be a viable option? she has 13% crit from aim for the head trait.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2016
    @Monsuta
    Monsuta said:

Don't like hammer being a scout weapon.
    How can you "brain stab" a walker or a raider with a hammer?
    Shouldn't a hammer be a bruiser weapon for blunt force trauma?

Use the pointy end?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)