How to make best use of phones?

Hi all, am fairly new to the game and was wondering what the best strategy would be to use my phones? So far I only went for the 3 stars, but now I am in doubt if this is the right choice. Also wondering if it's any good to go for the special offer with more chance of Carol tokens currently?

Any advice is welcome!

Comments

• AssCatcherAssCatcher Member Posts: 42
    Thanks guys thought so! Tho on the hero's, you say you dont chase them. May I ask why? Daryl seems really strong to me even compared to a blue shooter while only having 3 stars himself currently, isnt this the case with all hero's compared to regular survivors?
    Sperrystar
    *a blue hunter*
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I love my Heroes & yes.. they pack more of a punch then our Survivors.
    Some players just don't fancy them or their Traits.
    Do what works for you!! & what you like/Love!!

I too try to only do 15 Calls but if I need a Hero & it's a Special.. I bite sometimes lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    AssCatcher
    Thanks alot guys this really helped! I must say this forum is pretty awesome especially since I fount it quite hard to get basic strategy from guildies, so really glad for your answers :)
    rgerkmanMadPuppy4lm4c3
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Null
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    15 calls is the way to go. I've tried it other ways. It just doesn't work for me. You will eventually get the hero's. Higher token rate on the 15 calls.
    AssCatcher4lm4c3
  • emodwarfemodwarf Member Posts: 17
    One reason people prioritize regular survivors over the heroes is it's much easier and faster to upgrade their star level.

For instance, you can use Hunter tokens to upgrade traits and star level for any regular survivor Hunter. But with Daryl you can only upgrade him with his specific tokens.
    AssCatcherszgerg77Mark4lm4c3
    Good one @emodwarf and I also found as you want to maximize your traits Hero's are bound to their set traits, while you can of course select regulars to the trairs you like best.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    The only heroes worth using imo are Abraham, Maggie, Glen, and Jesus...probably in that order...the rest of the heroes are useless to me

And always stick to the 15 calls...best bang for your buck

Good luck!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    AssCatcherMarkFester17
  • JonationJonation Member Posts: 1
    My personal preference is to save up my radio's, for use when a special radio event comes up.
    Occasionally i pull the 15 call if i have plenty saved for fun and a chance of hero tokens or high level survivors :smile:
    Guild Leader of Purple Turtles
    Squall_NMLAssCatcherSperrystar
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @Jonation me too, save a month and waste it in a minute :smiley:
    AssCatcherL3XX13Sperrystar
  • YrcanosYrcanos Member Posts: 47
    I only been playing a short time, and have only used the 5 radio option once. Don't think I actually got a decent survivor out of it. Although I have gotten Glenn, a blue border and a yellow (or gold) border hunter, a blue border scout from the single radio call option. So is the multiple radio call necessary, or a waist of resources? After reading the thread I'm still not sure.
    Alexandrains, gotta catch em' all!
  • YrcanosYrcanos Member Posts: 47
    I leveled up these guys but they came with a lot of the traits shown.
    Alexandrains, gotta catch em' all!
  • Ginnydoll0703Ginnydoll0703 Member Posts: 3
    @AssCatcher you can change survivor traits? how do you do that? I know about upgrading & promoting them but I didn't know you could change their traits.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    @Ginnydoll0703 there's no way to change traits, what the OP is referencing is that you can find regular survivors with better traits vs. Heroes with set traits.

Good one @emodwarf and I also found as you want to maximize your traits Hero's are bound to their set traits, while you can of course select regulars to the trairs you like best.

• EasyMediaEasyMedia Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone, I'm also new to the game. I wonder if I wouldnt get a better drop while instead of making one radio call for 15, Id make 15 calls for 1. Has anyone checked?
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    EasyMedia said:

Hey Everyone, I'm also new to the game. I wonder if I wouldnt get a better drop while instead of making one radio call for 15, Id make 15 calls for 1. Has anyone checked?

You'll only get 1 trait on the 1 calls. The amount of tokens you'd need to get to get that player to 3 traits (2 stars) would outweight the saving. It's take time to get them, especially at the start. To get XP and upgrade them is quick and easy at the start,

Read up on the traits to see what you should look out for.

I did the 1 calls at the start and got next to nothing. The 15's have pulled me 2 x 5 stars and lots of 4 stars more often. You can get XP Easily to upgrade them.
  • hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    Always use 15 radio.

Best choice, higher rarity...

Level does not matter because you can upgrade the level if you want to keep the character (gold anything is good) and you get the same amount of tokens for the stars regardless of character level.
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    Nthing the 15 call. It has always been better. Even before we had a token method of evaluation and a 15 call only gave you 1 survivor to choose, it was still better. It will always be better for the foreseeable future. 1 and 5 calls are for newer players in desperate need of bodies to fill their barracks. "Special" 10-calls are for suckers.
  • RizzenRizzen Member Posts: 8
    I think it depends on what you're after. If you're hunting normal characters to level then the 15 call is hands down the best. Minimum 3 star with 3 options to choose from.

If you're looking for tokens to level I'' not sure. I've been using the 1 phone call and tracking what I get so I can get an idea of the percentages and averages. Mainly I'm looking at stars per phone and tokens per phone. I'm waiting to get 100 total before even considering the numbers as representative of the whole. Afterward I''I'll probably try the same thing with the other calls and see how the numbers compare. I'll try and post again once I have enough data.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,765
    Rizzen said:

I'm waiting to get 100 total before even considering the numbers as representative of the whole. Afterward I''I'll probably try the same thing with the other calls and see how the numbers compare. I'll try and post again once I have enough data.

Please do :)

Last time they found:
    4.6 tokens/phones for 1 radio calls*
    5.0 tokens/phones for 5 radio calls
    5.7 tokens/phones for 15 radio calls

* the 1 radio calls data was very suspicious. they did about 140 calls and found 1 legendary, 1 epic and 1 rare.
    That is very unlikely of course. That's why the legendary was removed to get to 4.6 tokens/phone
  • THRILLHOTHRILLHO Member Posts: 5
    DCBMET said:

Nthing the 15 call. It has always been better. Even before we had a token method of evaluation and a 15 call only gave you 1 survivor to choose, it was still better. It will always be better for the foreseeable future. 1 and 5 calls are for newer players in desperate need of bodies to fill their barracks. "Special" 10-calls are for suckers.

Unless you're targeting that particular hero for an upgrade. Hero tokens are hard to come by so those special 10-calls can be great value.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,303
    I would never do a 10-radio call even if trying for specific Hero tokens. If you try, prepare to be wildly disappointed.
  • THRILLHOTHRILLHO Member Posts: 5

I would never do a 10-radio call even if trying for specific Hero tokens. If you try, prepare to be wildly disappointed.

After I unlocked Negan I bought three 10-radio calls and got 256 tokens for him. Well worth it.

I did the same after unlocking Maggie, again well worth as she's invaluable for farming.