Numbers after killing opponents - what do they mean?

I've been playing for a year or so and have just been merrily killing zombies and saviours to achieve my own goals. Didn't really care about what "critical hit" meant or the numbers after it.

But now I'm curious; do they have any actual meaning or effect in the game? If not, what do they mean and why should I care?

Best Answers

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Posts: 2,828
    Accepted Answer
    You can tap the walkers and see their hitpoints. Knowing the damage you deal, and knowing the (remaining) hitpoints on the walker, you can make an educated guess as to how much more is needed to get them down, allowing you to adopt the likeliest strategy to achieve that goal. (I.e. take a step back, run, or full out charge, which survivor, use charge ability or save it for later, lots of possible choices).
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Posts: 1,870
    Accepted Answer
    The descriptions themselves are only there to notify you of certain special events that have occured. You have been lucky, you did critical damage, you dodged. It's just an explanation of the damage you did or did not do, explanation of the damage you did or did not recieve and any other special trait that did or did not occur.

Critical hit explains why you killed a walker while your damage output was lower then the total health of the walker.
    Body shot explains why you didn't kill a walker while your damage output is higher them the total health of a walker.

So in essence they do nothing. They just tell you about how lucky/unlucky you have been.

Answers

• ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 111
    Thanks - but does it mean anything? As in, should I care about the numbers?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,870
    Only if you play harder missions.
    Thanks jimmorrison369; sorry for being dim but how does it matter and what influence does it have. This hopefully is The End of my questions.
    jimmorrison369
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    It becomes more relevant as you get into higher level challenges. Where one or two hits won't kill them.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    And not to stray off topic I wish I could see how opponents attacks affect us. Meaning how much health we have besides a green bar that gets smaller or turns red.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    jimmorrison369SCBMAMizTy
    Cheers Dlich; really helpful. I just dropped out of the Rusting Factory at 275. Ended up using only hunters because I could control distance/damage/ approach, so this info will really help me.

I do one hit (two if safe) most opponents and then back away from bigger challenges; so thanks again for info, I'll be braver next challenge!
    MizTy