Kingdom Spear Bundle

Anybody has an explanation or interpretation or translation of the so called "long range" trait of this scout weapon? Again @Shteevie a short video of the weapon in action would be awesome.

To me it sounds like a permanent 100% swift strike ... is that true?
MizTy707EmeraldTriangle

Comments

• stolenstolen Member Posts: 46
    According to the description it's a weapon that damages two opponents standing side by side with one strIke. Nice weapon.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    If I had to guess, it would function like a spear. If there are two targets standing next to each other, you can stab the enemy immediately next to you and an enemy adjacent to that first enemy but two grids away from you.
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    Damages 2 inline or 1 at 2 grids away. When its equiped it looks like its going to poke your eye out!
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    Wait what??

A scout with +1 range??

Can anyone confirm this?

Might have to open my wallet for this one
    _NoNameSCBMA
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    @stolen ... where do you see a description of that "side by side"? The newsletter just tells me that the weapon can hit two targets at once ... and then there is the mysterious sales talk about a "longe range Scout weapon". Would be nice to have a Scout which actually does the damage by throwing a spear over a distance not being threatened to be bitten by walkers. Again no explanation in the news letter ... :o
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 367
    i don't think so, for me is like a warrior weapon with normal wide arc definitely not a swift strike
  • AethergogglesAethergoggles Member Posts: 12
    Really interesting. do we know if spear-type weapons may end up appearing in the normal pool too eventually? could be the buff scout needs if they could take out a couple of enemies per turn
    RedEye52
    @bun did you buy it? could you post a picture of an attack please?
    thx @FRAGZIE
    So basically exactly what I described... It's a spear. Spears stab through things. Common sense guys.
    jimmorrison369SCBMAblynknz
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    So does long range mean it has long range? :expressionless:

I think it should be able to go through 2 walkers back to back like hunters can shoot through lined up walkers! Now that would be a spear.
    @JayZ didnt want to risk trusting "common sense" when its $23

Better to be safe than nerd rage
    JayZMizTySurvivor420ggbats
    @jim_james lol, that's fair. I guess NG has done things that fly in the face of common sense (e.g., some pistols have longer range than rifles).
    MizTySurvivor420MwallaCreatureoftheNight
    Only thing preventing me from buying this now is the fact that my guys are level 18 and the weapon will be useless after i max level my guys

Wish they would get rid of item levels, very discouraging
    Survivor420MwallaCreatureoftheNight
  • michealomichealo Member Posts: 10
    What would expected damage be for a lvl 20 scout?
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 158
    Hmm, can anyone that has purchased the bundle confirm that the damage of the spear is much lower than of other similar lvl scout weapons? I'm seeing a 860 damage number on a 20lvl spear, where any other lvl 20 scout weapon is 1022 base damage.
    MizTyharudsgn
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    It has lower damage to make up for the fact that it can kill more than 1 enemy. Being Legendary though, I think the damage should have been comparative to weapons of the same level. Maybe the thinking was that if it were than it would've been to OP?
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    Mwalla
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 158
    True, but the sad fact is that it just won't be enough to take down some fatties or armored ones when we get them to a certain level.
    RedEye52FragzieMwalla
  • KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 60
    This is the most pay2win feature i saw since morgans staff. Not promising for the future...
    MwallaGrimGaeldarthvictor
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Kaiser said:

This is the most pay2win feature i saw since morgans staff. Not promising for the future...

You must not play Clash Royale then :D:D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    wrinkled_bag
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    @Shteevie the spear is very misleading about the damage.

Is there any way you can confirm the lower damage or be able to make it clear in game saying (longer range, lower damage) so that many are not fallen victim to this.

Really think the damage should have at least be the same and hope it's just a bug that will be fixed!

If not there needs to be some more clarity to it.

Thank you
    MizTy
  • KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 60
    @DarkZero I meant in this game, not overall, but you knew that :)
This discussion has been closed.