Kingdom Spear Bundle

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Damn, didn't even notice reduced damage. Same as a lvl 20 Uncommon. Oh well, it was overpriced, but it's pretty fun so far

FragzieSCBMAjamminp_herianWallStreet
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @Ruthless
    Weapons have their own damage properties. Not every Scout weapon will have the same scale. This has been true of every alternative-function weapon we have made in the past, so I'm not sure we gave any indication that it would be higher.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    FragzieDIblisWallStreetGrimGaelMizTyAvalon8
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2016
    @ level 23 the damage is close to that of a level 22 weapon of equivalent rarity, with the gold lethal its within 60 damage of a level 23 blade.
    Although there is a damage reduction, its nothing like what you get if you compare it to a warrior weapon, or if you compare the damage of a pistol vs a rifle.
    MizTy
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    @Shteevie thank you for your response! Still a great weapon and paired with assault/hunter seems like it can be a great combo for those who gets it

Its ironic you mentioned a spear in the katana thread and now we have a spear!!!

Hopefully you can hint us more weapons :)
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    When they nerf it, I'll just get a refund.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,742
    @DoTak In the screenshot you just provided, would you kill all three of those walkers, or just two of them? If so, which two?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Survivor420
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    We're having a meeting about new weapons later this week! Maybe we can get some new ones in early next year. Any suggestions?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    rgerkmanFragzieSCBMAInspTurbinesMwallaRuthlessMizTy
    @Shteevie maybe you should start a new thread on new weapon suggestions?
    MizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    ... how about a flame thrower? Keeps you warm at night o:)
    bunSCBMAInspTurbinesMizTymas_killer
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie flamethrower weapon for assault, with burn damage over time.
    _NoNameSCBMAInspTurbinesGrimGaelMizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    Ah xmas is getting closer, may I have a second wish ... a shiny grenade launcher would be nice too! B)
    ShteevieSCBMAGrimGaelmas_killer
  • AstraeaAstraea Member Posts: 41
    Shteevie said:

We're having a meeting about new weapons later this week! Maybe we can get some new ones in early next year. Any suggestions?

How about an actual shield for bruisers? One they bash into the walkers? Throwing knifes(/ninja stars) would also be pretty badass, not sure what class it would suit best, but silent and deadly for sure. And what about a slingshot? Or a version with stink bombs that will make you invisible to the affected range (they can't smell you out anymore.. that is until you make a move that has them notice you).
    The dead are hungry too!
    Chances you stay on topic with the Kingdom Spear bundle @Shteevie

Lucy has a big spear.
    Don't mess with Lucy!!
    MadPuppy_NoName
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    JayZ said:

@DoTak In the screenshot you just provided, would you kill all three of those walkers, or just two of them? If so, which two?

All three @JayZ

:)
    FragzieSCBMASurvivor420p_herian
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    @Shteevie there were many suggestions for weapons quite a few months ago, +1 to @FRAGZIE suggestion of opening a new thread.

Lol I'd almost say this weapon is a spoiler for those that haven't seen new Season yet, but it's pretty bad @ss seeing scouts run around and using the spear, glad NG made a nice animation for it.
    FragzieSCBMAMizTy
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2016
    I'm fairly sure that a spear in no way could ever be considered a spoiler. Unless I guess it turns out that it's the Spear of Destiny/ Lance of Longinus that pierced Christ's side.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    @DLich I don't really have an issue with being F2P as it's a single player only game. It's when the game is player vs player *cough*Clash Royale*cough* that the F2P vs P2P shows how much of a disadvantage you are at. Even with outpost raids I wouldn't call that PvP since the AI controls the other characters reactions.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    GrimGaelSCBMAmas_killer
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 581
    JayZ said:

@jim_james lol, that's fair. I guess NG has done things that fly in the face of common sense (e.g., some pistols have longer range than rifles).

And some firearms have intermittent silencers. :)

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,341
    Can I get a shield with it too. This would look so awesome on Glenn.
    GrimGaelsoggybottomsSCBMAInspTurbines_NoNameMizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    @DarkZero I agree outposts is not a good example of pvp I look back when I first joined the forums and the endless farming of XP on 7.4 and 9.3. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy there are boosters available like the gas one, and that XP is no longer linear (5 XP per level of Walker) but the XP cap put in place was to prevent free players playing in a fashion that the developers never meant to happen.

So the introduction of these special weapons (and by the looks of it there's plans for more) the developers are intent on players purchasing with real money these "super weapons).

What's next? A rifle that has an area spray like an assault? A pistol that lets you shoot through multiple enemies like a rifle. An assault weapon that guarantees not to have a body shot? A knife that allows you to hit multiple enemies on overwatch?

We already have a bruiser weapon that acts like a warriors weapon. Now this one that allows you to hit 2 people as a scout.

I'm not saying NG is a money grab because these weapons are cool. But it can hardly be considered an even playing field when the only way to obtain them is through money.

People can use gold to buy outfits. Those outfits don't give the player buying them any strategic advantages. Oh there's another idea.

Call it the "Walker" bundle. 1,000 Gold, an outfit that makes you impervious to walkers (like camouflage i.e. "Walker blood covered") and full supplies for $49.99. Then watch the game get out of hand lol.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GrimGaelSurvivor420KaiserJadenDIblis
    edited November 2016
    avelardez said:

Can I get a shield with it too. This would look so awesome on Glenn.

Glenn doesn't need a shield, just a helmet would be good......
    p_herianGrimGaelsoggybottomsJadenStafford5avelardezmas_killer
    @DLich Basically it boils down to something that everyone has to accept when it comes to "Freemium" games: 99% of the time, Free to Play players will NOT be on an "even playing field" because developers and companies can't work for free. First and foremost, it's a business and the main priority of businesses is to make money by providing a product or service. I'm Free to Play but you have to remember that people who pay are the ones that keep the company going which allows for new content in the game to be developed. You need to offer something of value that will entice people to pay and more often than not, that means stuff that F2P players won't get. It's just a trade-off for playing a "free" game. However with that, there has to be a balance between the value and turning a game into Pay to Win, which nothing I've seen so far seems to suggest that you MUST have these items to beat anything.
    DLichjim_jamesSlowMoSurvivor420SCBMAInspTurbines1Risatrainofficialmas_killer
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    A question to @Shteevie about using this weapon with Jesus as a leader. His trait reads "all non-ranged attacks...".
    So will this weapon get the bonus as it is a "ranged" attack now
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    It's not ranged though.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • TWD2TWD2 Member Posts: 62
    Pass. Until NG provides an upgrade path, spending money on weapons is a waste. If you do have a lot of coin to waste, go ahead. But with the constant nerfing and eventual diminished usability as you go up levels, just be warned and fully informed on the cons of your purchase. It's really funny how they goad us to spend hundreds of dollars for weapons and then change the value of your purchase for "balancing". No thank you.

On the other hand, I do appreciate NG's effort to listen to some of our concerns in making other positive changes.

In summation, they need to respect the value of purchases by not lessening it's function/attributes and also to characters. Cut the 100 zombie killing as that is plain laziness on part of programmers as they can implement face/eye contact to prevent auto-farming. They should allow players free rein to farm as long as they want if they are investing the time and energy for it. Bring back all original traits and enough of these artificial limits. FREEDOM!
    DarkZeroGrimGaelSurvivor420Stafford5DIblis
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    @Shteevie how about removing the weapon levels?
    Survivor420crambert_necJadenStafford5kscarlett5683
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 42
    @Shteevie

I would agree on others about discussing with your team about lifting the weapon level cap for purchased items. I think that will make it more appealing for many and will boost your sales exponentially. It's a win-win situation for both the consumer and company.

Thank you!
    Survivor420JadenStafford5
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Here's a vid of Glenn using Spear, kills a nice group of 3 walkers. Always nice to make Walker Kabobs

https://youtu.be/RUmpV54JlNY
    SCBMA_NoNameFragziergerkmanSurvivor420
This discussion has been closed.