Shteevie or Support?

@Shteevie

I have waited a long time and I am making a last attempt to obtain some sort of clarification. After 2.2 came out, my Normal scavenge missions have a RSL of 21. I asked in these forums quite some times if that was intended or not. Having received no reply, I opened a ticket within the application. Meanwhile you replied to me here stating it was not a bug, it was due to my survivors having more than 5 stars. I was ok with the answer and the Support wrote something like "this should not happen and we are looking into it".

So which one is correct? I have heard nothing from Support so I am guessing you may be correct?

Comments

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Sorry that there was some confusion. The answer I gave is correct; Scavenge missions take your 6th and further stars into account when setting the difficulty. This way you are able to earn higher rewards as well.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Julialicious
  • PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @Shteevie Thanks a lot for the clarification!
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I have 6 star level 20 survivors and my RSL on normal is 20.
    Top8dog_NoName
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Shut_Up said:

I have 6 star level 20 survivors and my RSL on normal is 20.

Does this apply to any 6 star character or does it take into account how many of the traits are upgraded to max for the level,. My pink star character is seein the same lvl walkers as shut up stated,. Is this because iv only made two traits so lvl 6 ?

@Shteevie sorry just wanting clarification cheers
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    Shut_Up
    Good questions. However, 2 of my 3 survivors on my usual team are 7 stars... so maybe that's why?
    Shut_Up_NoName
    It counts stars, and not trait levels. It's not that granular. Does this answer the question?
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    @Shteevie so that means that if a player has max 6 stars survivors in their roster, the usual RSL is 20, but with 7 stars survivors then you get RSL 21?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    So.

Survivor lvl20 7stars = RSL 21
    Survivor lvl20 5stars = RSL 20

Does this also mean:

Survivor lvl20 3Stars = RSL 19?
    edited November 2016
    I see where you found the pattern, but it's a little different than that.
    Survivor level 20, 1-5 stars = RSL 20
    Survivor level 20, 6 stars = RSL 21
    Survivor level 20, 7 stars = RSL 22
    ...and so on.

At least, this is how the code was explained to me. Also, we have been considering a change that would use an average of the player's best survivors, and not just the one best, to make up for times when the player's best fighter is in the hospital. So this formula may not be correct forever.
    jimmorrison369Top8dog
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    Like I said I have 6 star level 20 survivors and the RSL is 20 so that formula is off. Please don't make me repeat myself as I know Shteevie doesn't like that and thinks it's toxic. Could it be level 20 survivors 6 stars or under is Rsl 20 level 20 survivors 7 stars is Rsl 21?
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Shteevie said:

It counts stars, and not trait levels. It's not that granular. Does this answer the question?

Yes thank you mate
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    edited November 2016
    Shteevie said:

I see where you found the pattern, but it's a little different than that.
    Survivor level 20, 1-5 stars = RSL 20
    Survivor level 20, 6 stars = RSL 21
    Survivor level 20, 7 stars = RSL 22
    ...and so on.

At least, this is how the code was explained to me. Also, we have been considering a change that would use an average of the player's best survivors, and not just the one best, to make up for times when the player's best fighter is in the hospital. So this formula may not be correct forever.

@Shteevie Well it does not compute. Unless you would need ALL your survivors to be 7 stars, i am not getting RSL22 even with a team of 3 survivors all with 7 stars. My current roster includes 3 survivors with 4 stars, 6 with 5 stars, 7 with 6 stars and 4 with 7 stars. So why RSL21? Is it an average?
    Top8dog
    @Shteevie any reply possible?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited November 2016
    I just got my first pinky. yay
    Anyway. One 6star survivor was enough for me to take scavenge lvl +1.

|edit|
    And unlike my lvl 18 survivor I never use. Pink star made scavenge lvl +1 without even taking her on a scavenge mission.